Whither Easley?

Anybody heard anything on how Easley's doing so far at these parctices? I'm not hearing anything from the pressers on the Bills website. No questions nor comments about him. Nothing in Chris Brown's practice highlight films either, nothing. He's one of my Persons of Interest this year to watch. (Merriman & Fitz are my other P of I's) Just wondering.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand why so many people here are so excited about a "rookie" WR. And yes, I still consider him a rookie considering he's never played a down during the regular season. Sure he's done some things here and there during preseason, but its preseason.

Marcus Easley has made the biggest offensive play of the day from the WR position on two or three occasions and finished OTA's off with the biggest catch of the day in double coverage, Plus caught another TD pass from Tyler Thigpen.(well thrown ball)

I know I'm a big homer and a huge fan of underdogs like Easley , but in my opinion OP, Marcus Easley will become an Elite WR in the NFL.

I Billieve...

Edited by Fig Newton

I don't understand why so many people here are so excited about a "rookie" WR. And yes, I still consider him a rookie considering he's never played a down during the regular season. Sure he's done some things here and there during preseason, but its preseason.

where we not suppose to be excited about Dareus last year or Gilmore this year because they are rookies?

Marcus Easley has made the biggest offensive play of the day from the WR position on two or three occasions and finished OTA's off with the biggest catch of the day in double coverage, Plus caught another TD pass from Tyler Thigpen.(well thrown ball)

I know I'm a big homer and a huge fan of underdogs like Easley , but in my opinion OP, Marcus Easley will become an Elite WR in the NFL.

I Billieve...

I'm with you, Figster...I just have a feeling that he's going to end up being a legit playmaker for us. I'm looking forward to seeing him this season.

Same reason most of us are excited about other rookies, excited about the defensive line. Have we seen Easley or the line do anything in the regular season? It's all about the potential of a something. And, technically, there's more evidence that Easley could make a big impact than the defensive line.

Anybody heard anything on how Easley's doing so far at these parctices? I'm not hearing anything from the pressers on the Bills website. No questions nor comments about him. Nothing in Chris Brown's practice highlight films either, nothing. He's one of my Persons of Interest this year to watch. (Merriman & Fitz are my other P of I's) Just wondering.

See yesterday's OTA transcripts. Donald Jones getting plenty of recognition too.

Relax Skippy! The topic is merely inquiring about one player, not a call out to give your opinion about him. Nowhere in my post I said I was "excited" about him. If you don't understand about why some are "excited" about him, start a post about that but keep your negativity about him out of mine.

I Billieve...

Thanks Fig. Sounds like he's doing all right. Gotta see him get reps against the first team now.

Thanks Fig. Sounds like he's doing all right. Gotta see him get reps against the first team now.

QB's love a physical WR that will go up and bail them out of a throw perhaps they shouldn't have made, and Marcus Easley appears to be that type of WR. Take that along with speed/ability to get good separation,

and it spells playmaker...

That is your answer. If he's healthy and ready to contribute why wouldn't I be excited about him?

i wouldnt call easley a rookie at all. mental reps are a huge benefit to any player, in fact studies show mental reps are literally almost as good as actual physical practice. all that time around nfl camps, meetings, and film sessions are invaluable to his development despite not playing a single down

nevertheless, he has not played a single down. and weve seen time and time again how camp/preseason work simply does not translate with any reliability into on field performance. he would need a simply monster pre-season while jones stumbles to have any chance at starting the opener. and even then its unlikely. id give hagen and his experience a much better chance at wresting the starting designation from jones in time for the opener than easley

so realistically easley is at this time just another scrub with a long hill to climb to establish himself in any manner until the games start for real. fortunately for him, the bills run so many multi-wr sets that he will get his regular season chances and its that performance that will determine if he can move his way up (or down)

The thing about Easley, is that my highest expectation is for him to be the next Eric Moulds. Eric Moulds was fast and strong and dominant by his third year. Easley, however, has been setback, and back again, so I'm hoping he will make the team and make an impact here and there this year, then put it all together next year. He's obviously not plug and play ready to dominate already.

The op is not "excited" , he is asking a question. When people ask when questions, it shows a person is curious. Not sure where you got excited from his post. He doesn't seem excited at all.

QB's love a physical WR that will go up and bail them out of a throw perhaps they shouldn't have made, and Marcus Easley appears to be that type of WR. Take that along with speed/ability to get good separation,

and it spells playmaker...

I agree Fig. I like the fact that he's got the size to be a physical wide out. Poster Franz Kafka compares him to Moulds in regards to his physicality. I hope he does develope this year and gets reps w/ the starting team because a physical reciever I think is a better asset to our offense. Light & fast guys are fine, but in the long grind of a season, its a very physical game.