Healthcare- The Biggest Threat to the US Ever

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was on the news this morning that my wife and I were watching. It was just a teaser and we didn't hear the full report but as soon as they mentioned it we looked at each other with that "hmmmm, that explains a lot" look on our faces.

You're just lobbing up a softball here...

Can statins cause memory loss... I got a friend out there that claims it does... Has an old-time doctor that says: "Hogwash." Simvastatin, I think it is:

??

I read something about this awhile ago but I forgot what it said.

If he had gone to the doctor on a regular basis which someone recently said was not needed that hypertension would have been taken care of a long time ago. Who was the idiot that said doctors aren't needed?

I didn't say that for his type of case.... And yes... He has regularly gone to the doctor, all the time... Just didn't listen to them... I never advocated that. They told him for years to be on BP meds! The thing is the most recent eye doctor hammered it home in a panic state... He was also starting to feel the effects. Did I mention he is African American (AA)... Not getting racial... But that puts him in an even bigger high risk group.

You guys wil go to no ends to push your narrow minded agenda... :wallbash:

6'4", 155.... I am 70 lbs heavier and still wear a 36" pant. How do you stay that weight???

35 this year. yeah, 260 is rough, when I feel like 225 is a little on the thicker side... I can't shake a pound at this point, and I barely eat and am fairly active... I have an elevated TSH, so there is a decent possibility I am/will be hypothyroid soon- I think that is one barrier to losing weight.... my hope is on snythroid I can finally get that 15-20 off that I would like to.

I don't blame anyone not wanting to be on meds, but it is much better than heart attack, stroke, kidney issues, etc...

you did the right thing by dealing with it... it only get worse the more it is ignored

What is TSH? :blush:

I didn't say that for his type of case.... And yes... He has regularly gone to the doctor, all the time... Just didn't listen to them... I never advocated that. They told him for years to be on BP meds! The thing is the most recent eye doctor hammered it home in a panic state... He was also starting to feel the effects. Did I mention he is African American (AA)... Not getting racial... But that puts him in an even bigger high risk group.

You guys wil go to no ends to push your narrow minded agenda... :wallbash:

What narrow minded agenda am I pushing?

I've been on cholesterol meds for a very long time. I had blood work done a year or so ago. The doctor came back and said I'd live for ever. He had never seen a blood work up that good in his career (and he's pretty old). I said maybe I should try going off the meds. He told me to try it for a month and we'd retest. Came back and the results? "You need to stay on the meds." I'm ok with that but I did hear a report on the news today that statins do cause fatigue. I do tend to fatigue easily but I just attributed it to age.

Even know unmedicated my BP is out of whack... I have been taken a low dose forever and it has never been titrated... My chlor is out of whack unmedicated (170's)... They put me on chlor meds about 10 years ago solely due to BP and family history and being close to 200... Same chlor med as the guy I mentioned above. I have never noticed muscle fatigue (I was diagnosed with JRA, juvi arthritis when I was 3)... Maybe I can't tell??? Also no memory loss (hard to believe... :blush: ).

Most likely the extra pounds and age! I very seldom drink, don't eat a ton of calories outside of the soda pop... I know, I know!! Which is my one weakness and vice. I know if I kick that, the pounds will drop... But it really isn't much... Maybe 2 cans a day... Sometimes less, and then sometimes more... It is targeted exercise that I lack... I am always moving and working... Yet, as I get older... Not as much... More internet! :wallbash:

What narrow minded agenda am I pushing?

Taking my previous discussions about doctors literally and out of context. Before, I was making the point is that I am usually helping the doc out more that what he actually has in front of him (or by memory) about me as a patient/case.

It was funny how he kept going on and on about how good my blood panels were. I don't eat a lot of red meats mostly salads and chicken but I do like my cheese. Hell I make my own cheese so I eat my share.

Just stop eating you Frumunda cheese! :nana:

Taking my previous discussions about doctors literally and out of context. Before, I was making the point is that I am usually helping the doc out more that what he actually has in front of him (or by memory) about me as a patient/case.

I'll ask again an maybe you'll answer this time. What narrow minded agenda am I pushing?

Yes, because it exploits labor.

Im for markets.... :blink:

are you on any medication? :unsure:

Therefore taking the burden off your car insurance company :rolleyes:

isnt this why car insurance is so high, because the health care costs for catastrophic care are nuts... like billions of dollars nuts...

how is it reasonable to say a market can deal with catastrophic care.

1- you cant refuse care or walk away like you walk away from a store, you would die.

2- the state enforces that hospitals help people, creating higher costs for everyone else...

what other option is there besides the state? isnt this the main reason for medicare? older people get more serious illness and cant work as much...

Edited by MARCELL DAREUS POWER

NR MEANS "NO RESPONSE". YOU CLOG UP MANY THREADS HERE. BYE.

:lol: , I'm ignoring you, I'm ignoring you, I'm ignoring you- 3rdrate is a classic - it's a good thing he explains NR means "no response" because my first guess would have been "no retard" used much the same way people use "no homo".

I don't think it's fair that some people have a much higher metabolism than others.

I certainly hope BO Care will spread some of that around. It would make our country so much more healthy.

They take money from us at the point of a gun. Will they take our metabolism from us at the point of a hammer?

:lol: , I'm ignoring you, I'm ignoring you, I'm ignoring you- 3rdrate is a classic - it's a good thing he explains NR means "no response" because my first guess would have been "no retard" used much the same way people use "no homo".

Plus, if he really meant "no response" he would have said "belinda". The idiot. :wallbash:

You still haven't explained where your expertise in the mortgage and real estate industries comes from. Care to "man-up" or are you just going to continue with your MO of making whiny little bitchy remarks and never having anything of substance to say? Obviously my NR response went completely over your head and you'd like to continue reading MDP's drivel.