Other Teams Afraid of the Big Bad Bills

Brand J

I'm disappointed in the comments made here so far, it shows a serious lack of vision. If you can't see the serious progress this team has made then you simply cannot see. Billieve in this team. Period, point blank.

Not oversensitive, just reacting to your sniveling, negative comments all around the board to try to fire people up. And I fail to see how proximity to your home town has anything to do with it.

Ok, now this is getting annoying because you are just so wrong!

The location of Bills' fans has no relevance into our ability to have accurate opinions about the team that Nix and Gailey have been building. And, as someone who has moved away from Buffalo for work purposes, I would never raise a critical voice of those who have been fortunate enough to live in Western New York all of their lives. The slighting of those posters and fans is perhaps reflective that the critic has nothing substantial to base his negativity on so he goes after residents of Buffalo.

Those who understand football and what kind of players it takes to produce a winning team cannot dispute that the Bills' current roster has "our team (Now, paint it appears that the Buffalo Bills are not your team but most of us on this board are Buffalo Bills' fans.)" poised to have a major breakout year in 2012. Most of us are realistic enough to understand that injuries can turn a team totally around, which is what occurred last season. Any team that loses key players for the season will also see their win column being reversed from its potentiality.

We are in June ... the OTA's are happening ... training camp is weeks away ... all but one of our draft picks is signed ... we made the second biggest free agent signing of the NFL Spring ... key players are recovering from surgeries at a faster pace than anticipated ... this is the time of year for true fans to have their cups overflowing and to be at our highest level of optimism.

The good news is ... this defense combined with Fitz's leadership, our O-line, our RB's and yes even our WR's allow us to clearly see that this Bills team is ready to get all of us up and SHOUTING come September with the playoffs finally being a realistic expectation rather than a pipe dream requiring luck ...

OK... I usually do not comment on these boards, for the simple reason of individuals coming here just to piss people off cause their life sucks that bad.

But I have to ask what in gods name are these newbies smoking while coming here to post comments on some POSITIVE news for once. I have been seriously coming to TBD since its inception. (Obviously had a few member names). And I cannot remember a time where I am more excited for a season since the damn mcm season. I have been to plenty of bills games across the country, and I am seriously moving there for the 2013 season and will get season tickets at the Ralph. I am a business owner. And plan on bringing some jobs to the Buffalo area. I have lived in Chicago all my life and have season tickets to the Bears. But I am the biggest bills fan and I am just as credible a fan as anyone in Western NY. Anyone who thinks that is not possible might wanna think outside the box for once. Or at least outside of little Buffalo. Anyway....

For anyone to think that Brady, Bellicheat, or Rex are not deeply thinking how to stop this front four on d is wrong. This team on d is so much closer to being that perrinal powerhouse. I honestly ask this. Name a better d-line that has been better (on paper) than that 85 bears d-line with dent and crew. I know we haven't played a real snap yet. But.. ... Kyle W, Super Mario, Big ASS Dareus, and Mark Anderson. The additions of our draft picks and our offense back with Freddy, Wood, (hopefully Hardy) etc etc has made me more optimistic with this season since the last time we were in the playoffs. Thats gonna end this year. Bills go 11-5 and make the playoffs. Remember this come Jan. From the Bills biggest fan IN CHICAGO.....LOL

Edited by benbillsfan

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK... I usually do not comment on these boards, for the simple reason of individuals coming here just to piss people off cause their life sucks that bad.

But I have to ask what in gods name are these newbies smoking while coming here to post comments on some POSITIVE news for once. I have been seriously coming to TBD since its inception. (Obviously had a few member names). And I cannot remember a time where I am more excited for a season since the damn mcm season. I have been to plenty of bills games across the country, and I am seriously moving there for the 2013 season and will get season tickets at the Ralph. I am a business owner. And plan on bringing some jobs to the Buffalo area. I have lived in Chicago all my life and have season tickets to the Bears. But I am the biggest bills fan and I am just as credible a fan as anyone in Western NY. Anyone who thinks that is not possible might wanna think outside the box for once. Or at least outside of little Buffalo. Anyway....

For anyone to think that Brady, Bellicheat, or Rex are not deeply thinking how to stop this front four on d is wrong. This team on d is so much closer to being that perrinal powerhouse. I honestly ask this. Name a better d-line that has been better (on paper) than that 85 bears d-line with dent and crew. I know we haven't played a real snap yet. But.. ... Kyle W, Super Mario, Big ASS Dareus, and Mark Anderson. The additions of our draft picks and our offense back with Freddy, Wood, (hopefully Hardy) etc etc has made me more optimistic with this season since the last time we were in the playoffs. Thats gonna end this year. Bills go 11-5 and make the playoffs. Remember this come Jan. From the Bills biggest fan IN CHICAGO.....LOL

Not to call you out because I agree with most of what you wrote, but as someone who considers themselves the biggest bills fan I would like to let you know Hardy is no longer in the NFL. That being said, go Bills. 11-5 is too modest. 38-0 (19-0 is too easy to call)

If all you want to go on is final record, maybe you can say that. However, anyone watching knows that last year's Bills team would have mud-stomped even the best of the Jauron teams. Ask the Pats. And with the offseason improvements, we are looking at the best team this town has seen in over a decade.

Yes they have to prove it on the field. But anyone not excited or optimistic at this point, is just trying to be a dick.

Don't forget Mr. False Start Langston Hughes.

Count me as part of the similar group that is getting a bit tired off all the off season praise. I mean, it's great that we're trying on paper and everything, but I want to see results. I want to see a winning Bills team again. I'm tired of being the joke of the league. If we're going to be touted as "winning the off season" then we better have some results on the field to show for it, otherwise it's just more embarrassment to sit on top of a decade's worth.

Count me as part of the similar group that is getting a bit tired off all the off season praise. I mean, it's great that we're trying on paper and everything, but I want to see results. I want to see a winning Bills team again. I'm tired of being the joke of the league. If we're going to be touted as "winning the off season" then we better have some results on the field to show for it, otherwise it's just more embarrassment to sit on top of a decade's worth.

I hear the "I want to see results" crowd, but what exactly are we supposed to do until the season starts? Would you rather see and hear everyone complaining about how the Bills never go after free agents, allow their own players to walk, and are a poorly run franchise?

The moves Buffalo has made this offseason are, truthfully, unprecedented for this fan base. I think everyone has a right to be a bit giddy at this point. If it all falls apart once the games are played...well, we're used to that. But don't rain on our parade! :D

Jauron's teams were better, they won more than Gailey's teams have thus far, how can this even be questioned?

I agree and dissagree at the same time with this. Of course it can't be argued that Jaurons teams were better so far. The records are there as proof.

Jauron must obviously be the better coach. Are you crazy?

Jaurons teams were so miserable to watch and so predictable it was unreal. Just because they had a better record doesn't make him better. For one, the competition has gotten better with the Jets and Dolphins.

I have been a season ticket holder and probably the most optimistic and homer-like Bills fan out of anyone I know and during the last year of Jauron I was very close to not going to games. Was changing the channel at home during away games. The Dicky J years were a joke. Just because his record says he was better doesnt make it so.

I don't know what kind of fan you are or how much you watch the team but I have to seriously question anyones opinion that thinks Dick Jauron did a better job at coachig than Chan has. Yes it's frustrating to see us go in 7 and 8 game losing streaks hut at least MOST (not all) of the games are watchable. At least we have an offense now. At least we have a defense that doesn't make you quiver at the thought of being up by 2 but giving ANY QB they face 2 minutes to get into field goal range and win in heart ripping fashion.

I sure hope you don't bring these opinions up in public.

I hear the "I want to see results" crowd, but what exactly are we supposed to do until the season starts? Would you rather see and hear everyone complaining about how the Bills never go after free agents, allow their own players to walk, and are a poorly run franchise?

The moves Buffalo has made this offseason are, truthfully, unprecedented for this fan base. I think everyone has a right to be a bit giddy at this point. If it all falls apart once the games are played...well, we're used to that. But don't rain on our parade! :D

*I* am not raining on the parade. I *like* the moves. I'm just not going to be getting arrogant and super confident because we've "won the off season" if that makes sense. I'm trying to be patient, the wait for the NFL season to start just kills me. Give us a longer season and a bigger roster of players, NFL!

Right now I look at it as potential, lots of potential but it has to manifest its self on the field.

Yup, but until it does it's just potential. And potential plus $1 still only buys you a cup of coffee.

Exactly. I'd remind Dorkington and others of how many offseasons Bills fans have suffered through. Watching the team make small moves, letting our guys walk, watching guys we know could help sign with other teams, etc.

We have months until the team has a chance to prove it. Of course they have to produce on the field for all of this to mean anything. But it's not wrong or foolish to enjoy what the team is doing for themselves and us fans, finally.

*I* am not raining on the parade. I *like* the moves. I'm just not going to be getting arrogant and super confident because we've "won the off season" if that makes sense. I'm trying to be patient, the wait for the NFL season to start just kills me. Give us a longer season and a bigger roster of players, NFL!

Sure thing. I think we call agree for the most part.

When Jaws says other teams are "very scared," he's overstating it a bit. I don't think many teams are "very scared" of other teams - especially before the season begins. It's just not the mentality of most players and coaches to be "very scared" of good competition.

Jaws was just using a little hyberbole to make the point that other teams in the NFL respect what Buddy and Chan have been doing. They acknowledge the progress. Apparently, there's something of a consensus in NFL circles that we're on the right track.

Most of us here on TBD are very optimistic about the Bills. We know there's been a lot of progress. It shouldn't surprise us that the people working in the NFL are also noticing the positive changes in Buffalo. While it shouldn't surprise us, it is reassuring and - personally - it only reinforces my good feelings about 2012.

Great post up until then. I would challenge those remarks! LOL.

Not to call you out because I agree with most of what you wrote, but as someone who considers themselves the biggest bills fan I would like to let you know Hardy is no longer in the NFL. That being said, go Bills. 11-5 is too modest. 38-0 (19-0 is too easy to call)

Thanks for the correction! I was seriously thinking Easley. I had a conversation with my cousin in Bloomington where he is staying in Hardys old apt. Sorry!

Great post up until then. I would challenge those remarks! LOL.

Challenge made.... lol

( now to prove it)

While it's possible that other teams are scared of our capabilities in the "trap game" sense of the word, I seriously doubt that opposing DC's are staying up nights with furrowed eyebrows at the prospect of facing Fitzpatrick and Chan Gailey.

However, if by some stroke of magic a few teams on our schedule are genuinely scared, then GOOD. We need to reinforce that fear. Provide them with a little substance to back it up.

Until then, I'm over all this speculation of how "good" we're going to be. I'm ready to get into TC and pre-season so I can get a better bead on where we are.