Marcell Dareus is giddy as a schoolgirl

eball

Reading yesterday's OTA transcript, it's hard not to get juiced about the prospects for this defense. Dareus could hardly contain himself, even commenting at one point that "I'm just excited about the whole thing. I think you can hear it in my voice."

The guy has already sent out a "warning" to opposing teams -- freaking awesome. It's about time the Buffalo Bills had some swagger. I envision a defense flying around the field this fall, creating chaos for opponents. If guys can stay healthy, we are going to have a lot of fun watching this group.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is great and all how excited Marcel. Lets earn some good, nasty success on the field and win games before we throw out warnings. Not saying I don't think the Bills Defense will become a strength of the team, like the O Line did was last year. Just saying lets produce and win games first, then issue warnings all you want.

It is great and all how excited Marcel. Lets earn some good, nasty success on the field and win games before we throw out warnings. Not saying I don't think the Bills Defense will become a strength of the team, like the O Line did was last year. Just saying lets produce and win games first, then issue warnings all you want.

It would be kind of silly to beat someone down and then say "Watch out". What good is a warning if it's done after the the fact?

Tell them like it is Marcel.

I cannot wait to see these beasts unleashed on opening day...I'm so glad Wanny is in control now. If Wanny can get the most out of our LBs, this defense will be full of talent from front to back and we'll have a very nice combination of younger players and vets.

The team has a talented front 4. Wanny has them all attacking... I am glad they are excited. I am too...

I think it's very interesting how Mario likes to play the left side...that will make M.Anderson even more valuable to us, but the LBs have GOT to be able to be effective as a unit in order for us to really turn loose this front 4. But I really think Anderson could be a borderline 3-down player from the R LDE spot. The idea of K.Williams and Dareus wreaking MAD HAVOC up the middle has got to have Mario and Anderson already licking their chops and salivating all over the turf at the Ralph. The more I think about it, the more psyched I get.

I think it's very interesting how Mario likes to play the left side...that will make M.Anderson even more valuable to us, but the LBs have GOT to be able to be effective as a unit in order for us to really turn loose this front 4. But I really think Anderson could be a borderline 3-down player from the R LDE spot. The idea of K.Williams and Dareus wreaking MAD HAVOC up the middle has got to have Mario and Anderson already licking their chops and salivating all over the turf at the Ralph. The more I think about it, the more psyched I get.

Me too, brother...me too. I can't remember being this jacked over what a Bills' D line could do. And to think, we have the depth to bring in Kelsay, Merriman (who might force himself into the lineup), Carrington, Edwards...it's a little bit scary -- for the opposition.

What makes it even better is how you can sense it from the players -- they can't wait to get out there, and everybody says the same thing: there's a boatload of talent.

Damn, this is going to be a fun year.

I'm going to be at the opener vs the Jets in NJ. I'm dreaming of seeing Mark Sanchez running for his life every down. That game will hopefully put the rest of the NFL on notice.

PTR

I'd rather fly under the radar for as long as possible. I don't think beating the Jets puts us on the map. If we win Week 4 -- We're outed.

BA

Me too, brother...me too. I can't remember being this jacked over what a Bills' D line could do. And to think, we have the depth to bring in Kelsay, Merriman (who might force himself into the lineup), Carrington, Edwards...it's a little bit scary -- for the opposition.

What makes it even better is how you can sense it from the players -- they can't wait to get out there, and everybody says the same thing: there's a boatload of talent.

It's so nice to hear the word "depth"!! lol

I'd rather fly under the radar for as long as possible. I don't think beating the Jets puts us on the map. If we win Week 4 -- We're outed.

Agree. The Jets at the end of last season looked like a team on the verge of imploding, complete with tearful Rex pleading "can't we all get along?"

They'll have to prove they have their act together this year before beating them will be seen to mean very much.

Assuming we have our act together and can beat them.

BA

It's impossible not to get noticed when you're leading the league in sacks! :flirt:

It's so nice to hear the word "depth"!! lol

Amen!

It's also great to to hear we might have a defense that will attack, not just "bend but not break". In my opinion offenses (generally) need to outsmart defenses, and defenses need to beat offenses silly so they can't stay on task and succeed.

I'm going to be at the opener vs the Jets in NJ. I'm dreaming of seeing Mark Sanchez running for his life every down. That game will hopefully put the rest of the NFL on notice.

PTR

Hell yeah. You know what? All hype aside, opposing QBs have seriously got to be truly unnerved by the thought of our front four lining up across from them. When you face multiple players who could draw a double team, that has GOT to be messing with their heads already...especially with history proving how mortal Brady becomes when you put him on the ground, it completely changes the dynamic of our two games against the Pats.

Amen!

It's also great to to hear we might have a defense that will attack, not just "bend but not break". In my opinion offenses (generally) need to outsmart defenses, and defenses need to beat offenses silly so they can't stay on task and succeed.

There is NOTHING like watching a defense that attacks relentlessly...it's been so long since we've been truly dominant on that side of the ball, which is a shame because (IMO) that should be a trademark of a team from Buffalo. From a fan perspective, how good does it feel to see one of our boys just JACK UP someone on the other team?

I am guessing the opposition will be very happy, not afraid, to see these guys in there if it means a break from our starters.

The opposition has been happy to see Kelsay for several years now.

The past several years, Buffalo's defense has been reacting to what the opposing offense is doing. This year maybe the defense will be able to dictate what the opposing offense can do.

I am guessing the opposition will be very happy, not afraid, to see these guys in there if it means a break from our starters.

The opposition has been happy to see Kelsay for several years now.

I'm truly sorry you don't understand the meaning of the phrase "quality depth."

PTR

Same here. I'm expecting the Bills to dominate the Jets, just like they dominated the Chiefs last year in the season opener. With having to practice everyday against the defense, this will make our offense much more better for the start of the season.