Ex-Eagles Pres. Seeking Bills Ownership

Listen. Of course I care who owns the local team that I live and die by. Part of the reason why I moved back from Las Vegas to Coe home was because I missed going to Bills games. I am so obsessed I take team roster moves and updates personal if it's a player I liked (see my post history of Fred Jackson or Lynch, McGee or Greer, Schobel or retirement, just the name Kelsey). So ya, I want the future owner to be someone I like (Jim Kelly and group would be preferred) but at the end of the day if it was Lucifer himself that owned the team I could really care less as long as they are part of this town. Ya I want them to be good and relevant again but that's not all I care about. This team lifts the entire City and fans all around the world on Monday when there is a win. I couldn't imagine what this desolate town would be like if we lost them. So ya, keeping them here is most important to me and I don't care how.

It's hard to truly read tone in a post but I didn't mean to do anything other than nudge ya - didn't mean to upset you. I only wanted to point out that WE BOTH would like to have an owner that likes to win but beggars can't be choosers...I hear you. No offense intended.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are two serious groups that will be ready to purchase the Buffalo Bills when the proper time comes - one of them not affiliated with Jim Kelly. Both possess the necessary funds to purchase the team. Both of them fully intend to keep the Bills in Western New York. One of the groups intends to be ambitious regarding a new stadium, which they want closer to the U.S.-Canada border. The third group has a casual interest in purchasing the team, also with intentions to keep the team in Buffalo.

There are no talks between Banner and the Bills. Won't happen.

This was my post earlier in this thread - I believed the timing was appropriate to submit the post. Doc's assertion supports it. A lot of activity, recently.

It's hard to truly read tone in a post but I didn't mean to do anything other than nudge ya - didn't mean to upset you. I only wanted to point out that WE BOTH would like to have an owner that likes to win but beggars can't be choosers...I hear you. No offense intended.

No offense taken and I agree with you completely.

This was my post earlier in this thread - I believed the timing was appropriate to submit the post. Doc's assertion supports it. A lot of activity, recently.

Can Doc or Patience shed any light on why activity is picking up now? Granted Ralph is 93 years old, but does he want to be directly involved with planning the sale to make sure it proceeds exactly how he wants it to unfold?

Can Doc or Patience shed any light on why activity is picking up now? Granted Ralph is 93 years old, but does he want to be directly involved with planning the sale to make sure it proceeds exactly how he wants it to unfold?

That wasn't told to me.

Not so much - pretty much the opposite.

My understanding is that all of the recent activety has something to do with the current phase of the stadium contract.

I hope not. It's already been pretty widely reported they expect the lease renewal will be done around the time of training camp.

See, that's why I feel we're hearing these rumblings re: the ownership question now, while lease negotiations are going on. I don't think you can seriously talk behind closed doors about either issue without addressing the other. So, that leads me to believe we'll be hearing about both the stadium and a possible succession plan this summer.

But of course the caveat is that I don't know sh*t about sh*t and this is based on nothing but how it all sounds in my head. Along with the voices.

Not so much - pretty much the opposite.

That could mean that Ralph is no longer lucid enough to handle his own affairs and someone else his handling his business dealings. That could explain the distinct change in the team philosophy this offseason.

See, that's why I feel we're hearing these rumblings re: the ownership question now, while lease negotiations are going on. I don't think you can seriously talk behind closed doors about either issue without addressing the other. So, that leads me to believe we'll be hearing about both the stadium and a possible succession plan this summer.

But of course the caveat is that I don't know sh*t about sh*t and this is based on nothing but how it all sounds in my head. Along with the voices.

My guess is right along the lines with yours. I think we hear about a lease extension this summer, and potential ownership plans will occur behind the scenes while Ralph is alive. I can't see him wanting to sell the team now, when he finally has the right GM and Coach to make a SB win possible. Like most people, he'd rather go out on top.

The potential ownership groups have finished dinner at Tempo, checked out of their hotel and are en route to Chicago.

A source from Tempo just leaked that the potential ownership group asked for something "ground up and in the freezer". That's all the source would say other than he thinks it might be code for something.