Red Solo Cup

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there such a thing as country snobs?

Yes. They live outside Nashville and their names are Amy Grant and Vince Gill! :nana: :nana:

Oh, what does Metta World Peace think of all this fuss?

Woody Guthrie would be impressed... Wasn't he a master at some of this silly stuff... Classic... Maybe not this type of silly song (but Guthrie wrote a ton of children's songs too)... Age appropiate songs are great for young children! This stupid **** has always been going on... This is just a silly song for people of drinking age.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGo0iI8pMHo

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

I knew someone was going to say this. If you're talented you don't have to record someone elses crap for money. Oh wait.....I used the "T" word. Never mind.

Talent still doesn't guarantee success though. Take a look around at what qualifies as popular these days. People are dumb.

Edited by shrader

Talent still doesn't guarantee success though. Take a look around at what qualifies as popular these days. People are dumb.

U

And money to many of the truly talented, and those that appreciate their talents, is not how they/we judge their success.

And popular crap is not new. The 70's were full of popular crapola.

Edited by Chef Jim

And money to many of the truly talented, and those that appreciate their talents, is not how they/we judge their success.

so...is that the secret with Yoko Ono and her talent? It all makes sense now! Rolling Stone has been right all along!

Why is everybody so serious? This stuff (silly songs) have been going on forever... Yes, it isn't my flavor... I prefer the ones that revolve around other topics... But stuff like this has a place... Gets the creative juices flowing... Its productive because it is silly and fun... Maybe they did for that reason... But all the stick in the muds will ridicule them for not being serious, so they (the artists) cover their azz and say stuff like they did. Adults are being more like children with all the "youth" and "fun"... So what, putting out a song like this doesn't take anything away from the artists... I actually think of them more as creative artists (if they actually wrote the song... Which I think they may have not).

LOL at all the "serious" music critics, music "elites" out there!

WTF are the CMT Awards? How do they differ from the CMA Awards. I saw that Kristen Bell hosted and sang so I went to youtube and typed in her name CMA, and found it was CMT. (No videos from her hosting or singing - just her dresses, etc.)

Do country stars have an award show every other week?

I grew up on country, listening with my grandparents as we drove down to their house for camp-outs and sleepovers. It will always have a soft spot in my heart. Red Solo Cup is one of those songs I can enjoy, but give me some 90's Country over any of the newer stuff.

Edited by Buff_bills4ever

WTF are the CMT Awards? How do they differ from the CMA Awards. I saw that Kristen Bell hosted and sang so I went to youtube and typed in her name CMA, and found it was CMT. (No videos from her hosting or singing - just her dresses, etc.)

Do country stars have an award show every other week?

CMT is the country music video channel...owned by CBS. Like MTV, they have their own awards show, the CMT awards. Then, there is the CMA awards, almost like the People's Choice awards...generally, that which sells the most, wins the awards. You also have the ACM awards, or the Acadamy of Country Music awards...these are voted by members of the industry. I was once an ACM memeber, and got to vote on these. All of the awards are a croc. But, country music fans are extremely loyal to their favorite artists...if somebody racks up a top 10 hit in country music, they have a career forever in the field. I suspect that is why so many of the people who become popular through dreck like "American Idol" become country artists...it is a much easier market to tap. Carrie Underwood is one of the most successful country recording artists of the last decade, and from what I understand, never really had any love of country music before her stint on Idol... Kelly Clarkson. Funny thing is, these people don't really record country records, but really what would have been top 40 pop, or "soft rock" back in the 70's or 80's...but they market them to the country music audience, who lap them up... awards shows are relatively cheap to produce, and, from what I understand country music awards shows traditionally do well in tv ratings. The artists love to participate, because it is another venue to promote their newest product.

Thanks. That explains a lot. Although it seems to me there are more than three award shows per year!

Now I see why people like Darius Rucker, Jewel, and a bunch of others all of sudden go country.

It is hard for me to distinguish what gets called country and what doesn't. Like is Taylor Swift really country? Her songs sound just like regular pop songs. But, did she start in Nashville, because it's easier to make it that way?

Speaking of which, I could swear she just won entertainer of the year within the last month. She didn't win anything else but that - the top one, I believe. What was that awards show?

I liken today's country to today's tea.

Everyone loves country now. When I think country, I think old school **** that isn't palatable to anyone under the age of 50.

Same goes for tea. Everyone is drinking tea now. When I find out what they really mean is this sweetened tea. Essentially a non carbonated version of soda. Not the bitter, nasty please don't make me drink this **** old school unsweetened tea.

I liken today's country to today's tea.

Everyone loves country now. When I think country, I think old school **** that isn't palatable to anyone under the age of 50.

Same goes for tea. Everyone is drinking tea now. When I find out what they really mean is this sweetened tea. Essentially a non carbonated version of soda. Not the bitter, nasty please don't make me drink this **** old school unsweetened tea.

I hate tea and country music. I'm a rebel baby!!