"Bills fans are buying up all the tickets"

rolly

Saw the Bills thrash the Browns in Cleveland during the '90 season, 42-0. Sweet revenge following the Harmon dropped pass in the playoffs. Kosar was benched for the game. Carson was fired after the game. I sat in the dog pound and was treated very rudely all the way to my seat. Fortunately I ended up in the middle of a large group of Bills fans. By half-time the Cleveland fans emptied out. There were still around 15,000 Bills fans and we made a lot of noise the whole second half. I'll never forget this old guy sitting near me took a F&$@ Buffalo shirt and ran it up the flag pole. Security from the opposite end of the field saw it -- they ran across the field, climbed up into the dog pound and hauled the guy away. It was also the first time I ever had to stand shoulder to shoulder around a trough just to take a piss, yuck.

Great game.

back in the late 80's when i was living in dc i decided to combine a vacation to wny with a stopoff at cleveland to see the bills play. so on my way back to dc sunday morning i flew into cleveland, put my carry-on into a locker, and headed to clev stadium, with a scheduled flight to head back to dc in the evening

without a ticket, i intended to just scalp one outside so i made sure my bills shirt was covered up and stuffed my hat in my pocket to reduce the resistance i might get. there was reports of fake tickets being a problem there and there werent many scalpers, then somebody told me the game wasnt even sold out, so i figured i might cut the hassle and just go that route

i found a ticket booth closer to the back of the stadium and there was no line. the ticket clerk was a very friendly young man and we chatted for quite a while about a variety of topics while i was still deciding whether to scalp or not. i finally revealed to him that i was a bills fan and i was there by myself and i was mildly worried about getting ripped off by a scalper, so he said he would gladly take care of me and get me a seat i would like. he was so nice and professional i just decided to end the hunt and go for that

it was pretty close to game time as i made my way through the stadium. sure enough, as i got closer to the section it appeared like it was a decent angle to the field, a nice height to catch game action, so i was excited as i counted down the steps to get to my row. it was in the middle of a section so i politely made my way to the center of the row, sat down, and started laughing my ass off

directly in front of me was a steel beam that completely cut off all but two little slivers of the field on either side. if you wanted to see anything you would have to lean over until you were essentially cheek to cheek with one of the people sitting next to you. scrawled on the beam were comments like 'why is there even a frikken seat here?' and 'i cant see ѕhit'

after cackling hysterically for about five minutes i got up and started looking for a seat. the game had started and the stadium had filled right up, and there was nothing around me available so i headed for the endzones figuring that was my best chance. i finally found a seat right next to a guy and his about eight year old son attending their first game together. although the bills lost, i had an awesome time sharing that norman rockwell father and son experience. and of course i still chuckle when i see that huge steel beam in my mind and think of how gleeful that ticket clerk must have been when he told that story to his friends

Too funny.

Yes, your avatar is disgusting. :thumbsup:

Cleveland is awesome. Just went there this weekend, went to an RHCP show.

Oddly, outside in the streets, after the show, "The Shout Song" was being sung very loudly. By many different groups of people. We were walking and coming up alleys were more people singing the shout song...

Cleveland is actually pretty awesome. Especially the area where the Arena and Ballpark are. E 4th Street is happening, and the perimeter is also fabulous. Flannery's Pub is the best bar/restaurant I have ever been to. Went to a bar called Huron Point Tavern late night and it was also great (had calzones, pizza, deli sandwiches available in back of the bar).

It is...but it's still freaking Cleveland.

Hilarious. Buffalo fans, who cry regularly when someone pisses on their city, doing the same to another city :)

I haven't spent a lot of time in Cleveland but I do have relatives there. The waterfront area is nicer than anything I have seen in the Buffalo area and it is hard to imagine the Cleveland economy is any worse than Buffalos. But they don't have mighty taco or Duffs I guess ;)

That game is etched in Bills history as a top 5 stinker. It was painful.

Cleveland is good for 2 days. First hit the R&R museum Day 1, go to a Bills Browns game day 2.

I did Indians/Reds game last May Day 1, then R& R HOF day 2. It was a great weekend trip. Drove up Sunday morning for the Ball game, stayed overnight downtown, then went to the HOF next day and drove home. Theres some bars and places to go hang out at night downtown, but it does feel empty on the weekend at times. Found it weird that nothing was really open until 10-11 am on Monday, so used to everything being open at 8-9am around here during the week. We walked around town and by the waterfront too. It really didn't have any different of a feel then Buffalo does, except the building are alot taller.

I can't remember the name of the place we stayed at, but I think it was one of the name hotels wthat was in an old building. Maybe a 20 minute walk to the Browns stadium and HOF, 10-15 minute walk to the Cavs arena and the Ball field. Room wasn't expensive either

Oddly, outside in the streets, after the show, "The Shout Song" was being sung very loudly. By many different groups of people. We were walking and coming up alleys were more people singing the shout song...

Cleveland is actually pretty awesome. Especially the area where the Arena and Ballpark are. E 4th Street is happening, and the perimeter is also fabulous. Flannery's Pub is the best bar/restaurant I have ever been to. Went to a bar called Huron Point Tavern late night and it was also great (had calzones, pizza, deli sandwiches available in back of the bar).

I think we went there for lunch before the ball game, it was alright but not great. I think they screwed up my order, the fries were supposed to have some kind of actual cheese on them, but the ones I got were drowning in cheese sauce. I do remember a few weeks later seeing the same place on tv when tehy went there to film fans reactions to Lebron getting knocked out of the playoffs. I remember the place we stayed at was just down the street from a bar my fiance wanted to go to called Chocolate IIRC, were everything is chocolate themed

Just locked up a group of 21 for the Bills game in Cleveland!

There's very few tickets left, and I asked where the rest are going (aside from their 60,000 STHs), the woman in the box office said, "You guys really travel well, all of the calls I get are Bills fans bringing groups."

Made me feel proud to be a Bills fan for sure.

On another note, anyone have any suggestions for reasonably priced hotels in the city of Cleveland? Thanks!

I know this a bit of a cop-put answer....but use Priceline. You'll get a decent hotel, usually at a great price. We went down last year for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. I wasn't particularly impressed with the city or the waterfront but it certainly isn't any worse than WNY. We also had the kids so I didn't check out any nightlife. The kids loved the zoo and the stadium was impressive.

I would love to go to Cleveland at some point for a game - but can't get that 6-3 game out of my memory - I just can't do it to myself. I was spoiled by all of the great weather and games of last fall!

If you can't get the 6-3 loss out of your memory, think about the 8-0 loss.

I went to Cleveland last summer for an Indians-Twins game and went to Flannery's after the game. It definitely is a cool place. There was also some other restaurant where they make these enormous sandwhiches that we went to after hitting the bars but I can't remember it's name.

back in the late 80's when i was living in dc i decided to combine a vacation to wny with a stopoff at cleveland to see the bills play. so on my way back to dc sunday morning i flew into cleveland, put my carry-on into a locker, and headed to clev stadium, with a scheduled flight to head back to dc in the evening

without a ticket, i intended to just scalp one outside so i made sure my bills shirt was covered up and stuffed my hat in my pocket to reduce the resistance i might get. there was reports of fake tickets being a problem there and there werent many scalpers, then somebody told me the game wasnt even sold out, so i figured i might cut the hassle and just go that route

i found a ticket booth closer to the back of the stadium and there was no line. the ticket clerk was a very friendly young man and we chatted for quite a while about a variety of topics while i was still deciding whether to scalp or not. i finally revealed to him that i was a bills fan and i was there by myself and i was mildly worried about getting ripped off by a scalper, so he said he would gladly take care of me and get me a seat i would like. he was so nice and professional i just decided to end the hunt and go for that

it was pretty close to game time as i made my way through the stadium. sure enough, as i got closer to the section it appeared like it was a decent angle to the field, a nice height to catch game action, so i was excited as i counted down the steps to get to my row. it was in the middle of a section so i politely made my way to the center of the row, sat down, and started laughing my ass off

directly in front of me was a steel beam that completely cut off all but two little slivers of the field on either side. if you wanted to see anything you would have to lean over until you were essentially cheek to cheek with one of the people sitting next to you. scrawled on the beam were comments like 'why is there even a frikken seat here?' and 'i cant see ѕhit'

after cackling hysterically for about five minutes i got up and started looking for a seat. the game had started and the stadium had filled right up, and there was nothing around me available so i headed for the endzones figuring that was my best chance. i finally found a seat right next to a guy and his about eight year old son attending their first game together. although the bills lost, i had an awesome time sharing that norman rockwell father and son experience. and of course i still chuckle when i see that huge steel beam in my mind and think of how gleeful that ticket clerk must have been when he told that story to his friends

Funny that guy is probably still laughing.

Great story!

I lived in Cleveland for a few years. Those seats were legendary! And yes, I'm SURE the ticket clerk was laughing!

Glad that you had a good attitude and a good time!

I liked Cleveland. Sure it has some flaws but it's got a lot of nice things too. It (like Buffalo) gets a bad rap.

Haha funny story. Reminds me of when I went down there for the Blizard game in 07, went down on a bus filled with Bills fans and we went out bar hopping the Saturday night before. A very friendly Browns fan approached us in the hotel lobby and said it was an absolute must that we check out this one bar and that it would be the spot to be that night. So we head over to that bar to find out they are having a Browns Backers party that night and they made me take off my Bills jacket and hat and leave it on the bus before we could enter. We only went in there and stayed for one drink before we left and went somewhere else but we all got a good chuckle out of it. The atmosphere at the game was very similar, alot of friendly smack talk between both fanbases but at the same time you could sense the mutual respect we had for each other.

As for people bashing the city itself, I don't understood no its not a Miami or Arizona but it is the exact same type of town that Buffalo is that everybody on here will defend to the death. I've been there a few times and have always had fun. It isn't the most ritzy city but you can def make a fun weekend out of it. This is a tough year for me financially but if I can swing it, I will gladly make the 3 and a half hour drive.

Try the Hampton Inn downtown. Found it for $109. Seems to be the best value. A bunch of us are coming up from DC for it.

will do, thanks.

If you don't mind me asking where you sitting? I plan on making The trip and it would be nice to be near other Bills fans. Haven't purchased my tickets yet and wasn't sure where to sit.

Section 513. I'd grab em soon, they're filling up quick! If you end up in 513, you'll be sure to see/hear us.