TEN Bills to make or break 2012 season.

Who are the ten most impactful Bills players currently on the 90 man roster??

here are mine top ten:

1. DE Mario Williams - He's a game changer/a sack artist/a turnover maker.

2. RB F. Jackson - Was well on his way to having the most yds from scrimmage in the entire league last year until he was injured. He's a stud. Could be a top 5 RB this year.

3. WR St. Johnson - Very difficult to cover. Makes big plays.

4. QB R. Fitzpatrick - Plays the most important position on the team. Had a big first half of the season last year. Need a full 16 this year from him.

5. DT K. Williams - Will pressure the QB/stop the run/lead the defense.

6. DT M. Dareus - Ditto.

7. LB N. Barnett - Playmaker/best coverage LB.

8. FS D. Byrd - QB of the defense. Looking for the INTs that he had in his rookie year.

9. CB S. Gilmore - Shutdown corner. Will especially be needed vs NE.

10. RB CJ Spiller - Multi-faceted game breaker.

1- Fitzpatrick

2-10- we pretty much know what we are going to get from Stevie, Fred, marcel, Mario, kyle, Byrd, Barnett, levitre and wood. If they're healthy, they will be good. we need good play out of Glenn, gilmore, Aaron Williams, Anderson, Merriman and any Wr not named Stevie.

Edited by NewEra

We can only hope that Fitz will be #1. Until he proves otherwise, M. Williams and F. Jackson are likely to make a bigger impact.

Actually, you'll know things are going well if Merriman is back to being "Lights Out". He should be in the top ten and will be if he is back to his old self.

Fred Jackson is the most important player on the team. We saw what happened last year after he got hurt. To me the tandem of K. Williams and M. Dareus is critical on defense. If these guys can occupy and penetrate between the center and guards, M. Williams should have 10-15 sacks.

1- Fitzpatrick

2-10- we pretty much know what we are going to get from Stevie, Fred, marcel, Mario, kyle, Byrd, Barnett, levitre and wood. If they're healthy, they will be good. we need good play out of Glenn, gilmore, Aaron Williams, Anderson, Merriman and any Wr not named Stevie.

Yep, has to be this. Look at how a San Fran team was in every game with Alex Smith playing a consistent game.

Fred Jackson is the most important player on the team. We saw what happened last year after he got hurt. To me the tandem of K. Williams and M. Dareus is critical on defense. If these guys can occupy and penetrate between the center and guards, M. Williams should have 10-15 sacks.

I'm not sure I agree. I saw C.J. showing he can run the show, pun intended. The most important player is Fitz and it isn't close. The season will hing on how he plays. RB as a position is so far down the list expecially when you factor in the difference between our backs, I don't think it's in the top ten.

1- Fitzpatrick

+1

Remember, this was meant to be the ten Bills most likely to make an impact in 2012 NOT those who SHOULD because of the position they play.

Even though Fitz plays QB I still expect Jackson and Ma. Williams to make more of an impact whether it be scoring TDs for Jackson or sacking the QB/forcing turnovers for Williams.

Remember, this was meant to be the ten Bills most likely to make an impact in 2012 NOT those who SHOULD because of the position they play.

Even though Fitz plays QB I still expect Jackson and Ma. Williams to make more of an impact whether it be scoring TDs for Jackson or sacking the QB/forcing turnovers for Williams.

You said "make or beak." To me that means whose performance is most crucial to the success of the team--the ones who, if they play badly or well, have a disproportionate effect on the record. And "make or break" means that their ability to play at a high level is under question.

So, given that, the answer is:

1-7 Fitz

If Fitz plays the way he did in the second half of the season, then the team will be hard pressed to win even half of their games. After Fitz come whoever's playing left tackle, whoever's playing #2 receiver, and whoever's playing linebacker. And Gailey, who is definitely on the hot seat.

1 - Ryan Fitzpatrick. We absolutely must see a reduction though in interceptions.

2 - Mark Anderson. I'm going off in a different direction here. Williams/Williams/Dareus must be double teamed at times. Anderson with single blocker could be the team leader in sacks this year.

3 - CJ Spiller. Going still off in another direction. Freddy has been hurt every year. Not saying it will continue, but Spiller showed he can carry the ball and well.

4 - Cordy Glenn. I'm pretty sure he's the LT we've been missing since Jason Peters one season miracle.

5 - Stephon Gilmore. Let's face it, McGee is getting old and McKelvin just isn't getting it done. Hopefully his play in practice translates to game day.

6 - Marcel Dareus. I think in his second year with help around him that he's going to be a devastating force in the middle.

7 - Fred Jackson. I hope he's 100%. Better pure ball carrier than Spiller, but not as big of a home run threat. Lunch pail guy.

8 - Dave Wannstedt. Yup, I picked a coach. Defense as a whole will make or break this team and he has to play to players strengths.

9 - Steve Johnson. Only guy I've seen regularly torch Revis. Has to continue playing at the highest level.

10 - Brian Moorman. Special teams is highly under rated guys. Let's just look at the Chargers as an example. They finish the season a few years ago #1 in offense and #1 in defense and still miss the playoffs. Why? Field position. Horrible punting and horrible punt returning.

Remember, this was meant to be the ten Bills most likely to make an impact in 2012 NOT those who SHOULD because of the position they play.Even though Fitz plays QB I still expect Jackson and Ma. Williams to make more of an impact whether it be scoring TDs for Jackson or sacking the QB/forcing turnovers for Williams.

Impact can be a positive or a negative. For this i go with Fitz. If he is producing and cuts down on interceptions, then sky is the limit. If not it will effect everyone else on the list you have. Freddie and Stevie on O would suffer. The guys on D would suffer to, be on the field more then they should. And if the Bills are playing from behind a lot, it will null and void the pass rush to a large degree.

I don't think Byrd is looking for the interceptions from his rookie year...

I think he would love to have them, so people that obsess over them start to recognize that he is developing into one of the best safeties in the NFL. I understand that picks are sexy, but I don't understand how so many people have the impression that Byrd has taken a step back...or even not a gigantic step forward. The guys is a great player, and is probably closer to #53 on my list. I am not worried about him doing his job, and doing it well.

There was also a funny thing that happened last year...Fitz played really well...took a monster hit from London Fletcher, then lost it... I also don't understand why there is some question of Fitzy's ability. His protection fell to **** around the same time, and he had one receiver in a 5-wide that was even worth mentioning...that's not fair, Nelson was very good too, but you know what I am saying. The guy was hurt. Yes I am a homer, and I kind of like that we have a smart QB, but this should be clear to people who watched the Bills play before they pontificated on a message board. Fitz was very good...until the hit and the injury bug that hit the OL.

Freddie is a great player, but I think that sleeping on CJ would be a mistake. The guy is a special athlete, and I don't think we have any worries at that position. Our D is going to be much improved, and deeper. We will see some mistakes out of our CBs, but they are young, and that is bound to happen.

The key to this team is going to be the OL and WR. We now have some depth at OL, and if we luck out at LT we are going to surprise people. The WR thing is going to be a sticking point. We do not have a WR on the roster who can bail Fitzy out of a bad throw, and make a catch they shouldn't have. What we do have is a bunch of guys that will drop ones they should have had...even Stevie. I hope that Graham is the guy they thought he was when they picked him.

Either way, it is nice to contemplate the Bills being a good team, and not be completely rooted on a hope and a prayer. There is talent in Buffalo now, and there are good coaches. This season should be fun to watch.

Medical staff, trainers and strength and conditioning coaches are 5 star support in this thing, going forward. I don't want to hear of this injury or that injury ALL YEAR! If they stay healthy, then all the aforementioned lists are valid. All very good posts!!

1- Ryan Fitzpatrick- Its all about the QB in the NFL

2- Mario Williams- Will he be a difference maker?

3- Kyle Williams- Can he return to form?

4- Cordy Glenn- LT is a huge part of the offensive line can he step in?

5- Dareus- Needs to be that Pat Williams type run stuffer for the D to be successful

6- Any WR not named S.Johnson or David Nelson- Offense needs one of those guys to contribute

7- Fred Jackson- Big factor in the offenses success, he brings a lot to the offense

8- Eric Wood- Offensive Line wasn't the same once he got hurt.

9- S.Gilmore- Secondary wasn't very good last year is he going to help?

10- Aaron Williams- A very high second rounder guy needs to make an impact.

Honorary Mentions

Mark Anderson- Can he be that other guy in the pass rush?

CJ Spiller- Needs to follow up on his progress last season.

Edited by billsfan89