Why does talking politics

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe ... :unsure:

I had no idea people get so fired up they PM other posters vile-ass comments and insults. Really? Do people really take this place, or internet politics message boards that seriously?

I mean have been called retard on this board many a times, never got butt-hurt about it. Maybe what I posted was truly retarded, I don't know.... LOL

If people could discuss politics and race without flying off the handle with emotional and non-sensical reactions then PPP would be no fun at all.

There's really no need to qualify the OP's question, though. Just look at the football side of the board. If people can't discuss Trent/Fitz, Flutie/Johnson, Jason Peters or even solicit homework help in a civil manner, then what chance do politics and race have?

Edited by Jauronimo

I'm not referring to you. Just a general observation, I don't recall anything about the tone of your introductory posts.

The gay marriage, Trayvon and facebook threads have a few prime examples of what I'm alluding to.

LOL I think I went into the facebook thread a bit. GAy marriage and Trayvon threads? If you go in there you deserve whatever you get/read. The Trayvon thing is so stupid on both sides and Gay Marriage is just the most retarded issue of our time. If you discuss the very issues MEANT to distract and divide people don't be surprised when retarded discussion comes out of it.

If being called a Retard, Idiot or Moron hurts your feelings, this is not the place to be.... LOL

And if it does hurt your feelings, it's probably true anyway, and you shouldn't be offended.

Thin in relation to his Kotex panty liners?

That's great. In a thread about people being pricks, being gratuitously prickish. :lol:

I was warned very early on that when joining this board and spending time in the PPP section, mostly you will be treated like ****.

Meh, its a message board, and I like discussing Politics.... If being called a Retard, Idiot or Moron hurts your feelings, this is not the place to be.... LOL

You'll only be treated like **** if you deserve to be treated like ****. I've only been treated like **** by one person here and we all think he has/had a medication problem.

You'll only be treated like **** if you deserve to be treated like ****. I've only been treated like **** by one person here and we all think he has/had a medication problem.

I have medication, but it's not a problem.

Fair responses and thanks. I admit I struggle with the name calling and think if people posted their pictures and/or names, there won't be as much. But I guess that's the beauty of the internet.

I still don't understand why people get so fired up about politics. A 2 party system is very flawed yet people argue like hell that their side is "right." A more accepted form of the Bloods and Crips.

Fair responses and thanks. I admit I struggle with the name calling and think if people posted their pictures and/or names, there won't be as much. But I guess that's the beauty of the internet.

I still don't understand why people get so fired up about politics. A 2 party system is very flawed yet people argue like hell that their side is "right." A more accepted form of the Bloods and Crips.

:lol:

Well, we COULD argue religion here but Scott would need to make a RRR board, and the lefties just wouldn't agree to that no how - just on principle (too many Rs) .

Momma always said, "never argue about politics and religion."

She wuz right.

Well, we COULD argue religion here but Scott would need to make a RRR board, and the lefties just wouldn't agree to that no how - just on principle (too many Rs) .

Momma always said, "never argue about politics and religion."

She wuz right.

mamma says a lot of things...mamma sometimes full of ****

Edited by TheNewBills

Basically, why can't people talk politics or race matters calmly? I definitely caught up in and start throwing insults ...

Juaranimo summed it up pretty well. For the most part, if you come in discussing issues someone might beat up your argument (and Tom will call you an idiot) but it's mostly all in good fun. But if you come in right off the bat talking **** (like I believe you admitted to doing) it rubs people the wrong way and they're going to let you have it. Maybe if you show the level of civility here that you show on the main board you'll find you're received with a lot less hostility.

Juaranimo summed it up pretty well. For the most part, if you come in discussing issues someone might beat up your argument (and Tom will call you an idiot) but it's mostly all in good fun. But if you come in right off the bat talking **** (like I believe you admitted to doing) it rubs people the wrong way and they're going to let you have it. Maybe if you show the level of civility here that you show on the main board you'll find you're received with a lot less hostility.

LOL let us be real probably not. Thing is if you are a civil liberal engaging in civil discussion w/ a civil conservative you'll still be getting snipped at/cheap shots from other conservatives here bashing you and before long you'll be on the defensive against all including the one you originally were civil with.

LOL let us be real probably not. Thing is if you are a civil liberal engaging in civil discussion w/ a civil conservative you'll still be getting snipped at/cheap shots from other conservatives here bashing you and before long you'll be on the defensive against all including the one you originally were civil with.

The only problem is Biscuit wasn't originally civil. I could be wrong, but it seems like he jumped into the Trayvon thread like on the 60th page and started spouting the positions of Jesse and Al and calling everbody else out because we didn't agree with him. Now we all know that opinions changed over time and he was just spouting schit he didn't know anything about or was refusing to see that there was a good chance the situation could be opposite of what he was saying. The "old white man" thing was just down right ignorant.

lol well IDK know anything about that or the Trayvon thread...to honest the law is the law and politicizing this issue is a distraction but that's just my opinion and I recognize both sides have credible arguments of why it's a big deal one way or the other etc...not surprising of all topics that would be one that would have craziness

Edited by TheNewBills

lol well IDK know anything about that or the Trayvon thread...to honest the law is the law and politicizing this issue is a distraction but that's just my opinion and I recognize both sides have credible arguments of why it's a big deal one way or the other etc...not surprising of all topics that would be one that would have craziness

It was the left that was making it political. Everyone on the right was just calling for a "wait and see" approach. I know, it's too much to read, but if you saw the way the thread evolved, and the fact that nobody on the left is even touching that thread now, you'd know they are wiping the egg off their faces and hanging their heads in shame.

It was the left that was making it political. Everyone on the right was just calling for a "wait and see" approach. I know, it's too much to read, but if you saw the way the thread evolved, and the fact that nobody on the left is even touching that thread now, you'd know they are wiping the egg off their faces and hanging their heads in shame.

It is too much to read and I'll take you at your word. As far as I known from general society the initial outrage was over the no arrest for so long and right or wrong that is at least credible IMO but as for the case itself it's in court now and that's that.