46% of Americans believe in creation

There is overwhelming evidence of mans evolution from apes. We did not evolve from chimps or gorillas, but rather a common ancestor. Scientists have found remains of many early humanoids, and ground dwelling apes. They have yet to locate the common ancestor between modern humans and the apes we know today, but the genetic similarity cannot be ignored. And all apes evolved (or went extinct) just not all involved into human beings. Again, evolution cannot be discredited simply because all monkeys aren't human beings. That is absurd.

The common fallacies that most people (most evident in the evangelical creationists) have about evolution is that it must be directed from lesser to greater complexity (or, more accurately, from "inferiority" to "superiority"), and that the current set of species existent represents the set of species from which evolution operated on.

You can view Adam and Eve as the first fully evolved human beings all you like, but you cannot even come close to proving that they actually existed. Meanwhile, we can absolutely disprove the notion that mankind is only 5,000 years old as "fully evolved human beings" pre-date that mark by overa 100,000 years.

Unless God planted all the evidence to test your faith.

You can NEVER get around that particular claim. "God did it" explains everything.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont mean to speak for Cynical, as Im sure he will give you many examples from Alabama similar to my experiences in Georgia.

I've had potential customers want to know which church I and my coworkers belong to before deciding to do business. I've gone into business meetings where we were forced to join in on a prayer before we got started. "God" forbid, they find out I dont go to church. I made the mistake of being honest the first couple of times I was asked. I still get emails from a former customer full of their churchy BS, trying to "save" me. This is just at work, where people are supposed to be professional.

You wouldnt believe the amount of strangers that will confront you on the street, out of no where, if you are wearing a tshirt of the "wrong type" of band, have a visible tattoo, or anything else they dont like.

Anytime you want to venture on down to the Bible Belt, we can show you pretty easily.

It does create for some awkward moments. I spend my days talking with retirees from GA about their health, and even though I'm a Christian, I'm sometimes not the right "kind" of Christian since I'm a Catholic. One big problem I have with it is that people will determine how to treat you based on how well you fit their criteria of what a Christian should be. I understand how to re-direct the conversation in order to circumvent this whole ordeal typically, but I fully understand what you're talking about.

The common fallacies that most people (most evident in the evangelical creationists) have about evolution is that it must be directed from lesser to greater complexity (or, more accurately, from "inferiority" to "superiority"), and that the current set of species existent represents the set of species from which evolution operated on.

So maybe.... monkeys evolved from early humans and thats why we are so genetically similar!

OK, I think I have this thing figured out. Evolution is real, but the answer was in front of our faces the whole time. How blind we were. Adam and Eve were the first people and thus the first branch in the evolutionary tree. Their descendants evolved into monkeys which then walked into oceans becoming whales which gave rise to fish, while land monkeys learned to fly and became birds and on and on until we land at the first single celled eukaryote. We knew the path we just had the wrong direction!

Edited by Jauronimo

Dont mean to speak for Cynical, as Im sure he will give you many examples from Alabama similar to my experiences in Georgia.

I've had potential customers want to know which church I and my coworkers belong to before deciding to do business. I've gone into business meetings where we were forced to join in on a prayer before we got started. "God" forbid, they find out I dont go to church. I made the mistake of being honest the first couple of times I was asked. I still get emails from a former customer full of their churchy BS, trying to "save" me. This is just at work, where people are supposed to be professional.

You wouldnt believe the amount of strangers that will confront you on the street, out of no where, if you are wearing a tshirt of the "wrong type" of band, have a visible tattoo, or anything else they dont like.

Anytime you want to venture on down to the Bible Belt, we can show you pretty easily.

Fair enough. I've never been down there for any extended time so I'd have to take your word for it.

It just seems to me that for every one of you or Cynical, there's about a dozen 'Christian-phobes' who have spent their whole lives in the the northeast or California (makes sense because this is where most of them live) where the extent of their misfortune is dealing w/ the word 'God' in the pledge of allegiance in school and pretending like that's a crime against humanity.

Evolution --as a theory to prove that their is no creator has gotten nowhere.So evolution theory may be striving toward 100% accuracy(whatever the hell that means) ..But it has been spinning its wheels forever.No progress has been made with that slice of evolutionary theory. Normally real science gets you somewhere. Evolution as defined by the maturing and adaption of species has had bits and pieces that have scientifically progressed.

I don't think that many people believe that mankind has evolved in the last several thousand years.We have built up a bigger knowledge base...but thats about it.

Many in the catholic church incl the last few popes have stated that they believe in the evolution of mankind.Perhaps there was an adolescence as seen in prehistoric man.--But just go to the endzone sections at Bills games or at the dogpound...and you seriously have to wonder about the timeline on that.

Apes to man?? no evidence. and i guess some apes just never evolved.and that none of them stopped at the inbetween phase.

adam and Eve CAN be seen as the first fully evolved humans.the first to be fully responsible.the first to be responsible for their actions fully.

Maybe try reading this thread where a lot of your false assumptions about evolution have been shown to be just that. Everything you questioned about evolution has already been addressed and broken down in this very thread.

As for Adam and Eve, please provide tangible evidence they existed outside of a storybook. There is a load of evidence supporting evolution, and absolutely none supporting the existence of adam and eve.

Human beings have been the only animal yet capable of passing on knowledge to their offspring which is the last great barrier. Chimps communicate well, can learn to use tools, and are quite smart so they have the potential. Some individuals have even been observed passing knowledge down to offspring but that trait isn't universal so the knowledge often dies after 1 generation. The story of human beings is built upon our ability to start our children out with what we know so each generation builds off the one before. The other great apes probably learn a good deal during their lifespan but their offspring will perpetually reinvent the wheel.

I wonder what will happen when gorillas or chimps start to form little jungle villages with banks and houses and brothels. Will we help our cousins along and bring them up to speed? Will we let them run their course relatively un-molested (you have to assume some interbreeding)? Could be kind of scary sharing our cities with 4ft tall 120lb monkeys that can rip our arms off and demonstrate a propensity to attack the fingers, face and genitals though. Will we just kill them?

He'll rip your lungs out, Jim.

Human beings have been the only animal yet capable of passing on knowledge to their offspring which is the last great barrier.

Actually, cats do it too. Quite a few "instinctive" cat behaviors are actually taught and learned. I suspect that goes for other species as well (I'm thinking baboons, maybe dolphins. And penguins, if you believe !@#$ing March of the Mother!@#$ing Penguins is at all accurate.

More accurately, humans are the only animal so far that we have evidence can build up a body of knowledge that can be learned from - i.e., doesn't have to be taught or demonstrated by another. That's the real big step - other species don't record-keep.

Actually, cats do it too. Quite a few "instinctive" cat behaviors are actually taught and learned. I suspect that goes for other species as well (I'm thinking baboons, maybe dolphins. And penguins, if you believe !@#$ing March of the Mother!@#$ing Penguins is at

Octopus have s phenom learning ability.

Actually, cats do it too. Quite a few "instinctive" cat behaviors are actually taught and learned. I suspect that goes for other species as well (I'm thinking baboons, maybe dolphins. And penguins, if you believe !@#$ing March of the Mother!@#$ing Penguins is at all accurate.

More accurately, humans are the only animal so far that we have evidence can build up a body of knowledge that can be learned from - i.e., doesn't have to be taught or demonstrated by another. That's the real big step - other species don't record-keep.

Interesting... The family has three of those beasties (cats) and they are quite whacked!

Anyway... How do squirrels find buried nuts... Salmon find their birth river? Isn't there a natural "record keeping" there... Could they be doing (recording) something we don't know they are recording... Maybe scent or something else? I swear I just saw a squrirrel with a notepad and map!

:blush:

Interesting... The family has three of those beasties (cats) and they are quite whacked!

Anyway... How do squirrels find buried nuts... Salmon find their birth river? Isn't there a natural "record keeping" there... Could they be doing (recording) something we don't know they are recording... Maybe scent or something else? I swear I just saw a squrirrel with a notepad and map!

:blush:

I swear I've seen squirrels carrying ledgers!