Sunday Ticket

Trust me, I know. I tried that whole thing, and for some reason it didn't work. It was strange. I was thinking, "are they really playing hardball with me?" I'm def. going to call back.

have you called in and used your credits for something else??? I cant get it for free either but I had issues earlier and called and complained, got 20 of my bill and some free movies. I thought they gave it to me because uf there mistake, now I believe they just gave me the credits I had already on the account

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My buddy also got NFL Sunday Ticket for free without realizing it.

I can only assume it's a screw up on their end. It would seem to me if they were doing this for any intentional reason, they'd tell me one way or another just from a marketing standpoint.

While they didn't wash my car, it might explain why my wife suddenly has a bunch of HDMI cables in the truck of her car.

have you called in and used your credits for something else??? I cant get it for free either but I had issues earlier and called and complained, got 20 of my bill and some free movies. I thought they gave it to me because uf there mistake, now I believe they just gave me the credits I had already on the account

That's the sense I got. I know the game--they only have so many credits that they can play with, and I fear that I used them up on other discounts, like getting a discount for HD.

I'm going to call again though and take a harder line approach.

DIRECT TV is simply the best. My bill was getting pretty pricey , would have been about $187.00 a month with Sunday Ticket during season. Since I,ve been a customer since 1998, One call and my monthly bill is now $77.00 for the same service.No argument, no hesitation , we understand times are difficult, how can we keep you as a customer!!!!!!

I know, they're a great company. I had a bunch of things I was going to mention i.e. ( using nfl game rewind, netflix, internet tv, new customers getting free ST) , no need, gave me ST for free , 1/2 off my premium movie channels and $25.00 credit for 1 year. Saved me on average almost $90.00 a month and I only needed to agree to remain a customer for 12 months or face a $10.00 month cancel fee for unused remainder.

I got stymied on my first attempt. The best they offered was 6 months at $34, so not even Max for free. I'll try back and tell them I went online and saw much better deals that others got. I may need to threaten to cancel and go the sports bar route. I'll offer to lock in for a year like JinWPB did, see if that helps.

I got stymied on my first attempt. The best they offered was 6 months at $34, so not even Max for free. I'll try back and tell them I went online and saw much better deals that others got. I may need to threaten to cancel and go the sports bar route. I'll offer to lock in for a year like JinWPB did, see if that helps.

The 1 year was their requirement for the deal. I started out saying I couldn't afford any of their service any longer and they took it from there, without hesitation.

I have no problem locking in, I've been with them for 12 years. I've never been on a contract with them though. They've been great over the years so if the $34 is the best I can get I'll take it, but I'm not giving up yet.

Here is the deal I got... the bill says I got the 6 payments of $34.99 for the sunday ticket MAX, BUT I told them it was still too much and the wife was on my case about it and I never called to complain about the whole Viacom situation, so they gave me 3 months of $5.00 credits (viacom) and 6months of $10.00 credits (paperless & autobill pay)... so really when all is said and done I'll have paid $134.94 for the MAX ticket... i'll take that. I don't mind paying for it, I just don't want to get screwed. If I really wanted to be a jerk I probably could have gotten more, but I was polite and just kind of whined a little bit and blamed the wife, haha.

AAAARRRRRGGGHHHHHHH.

I have cable, and last few years have just signed up for NFL Sunday Ticket To-Go (you just had to check that you couldn't get DTV where you lived) to watch the games on computer/mobile - looks like now that is no longer a separate option? This really sucks - I do not want to switch my whole house over to DTV. This sucks.

Can I still purchase NFL SUNDAY TICKET To-Go?

This year, you can get the mobile and online features that were formerly part of our NFL SUNDAY TICKET To-Go package included when you sign up for NFL SUNDAY TICKET MAX. For only five payments of $59.99, you can enjoy all the games and interactive features all in one package.

Maybe this will help someone.

My situation:

Customer for 1 year, 9 months or so.

Still under original 2 year contract.

I've never called with problems or upgrades before this.

I'm on the Choice Classic Extra plan

I have no Premium Channels

The deal I got today:

Free Sunday Ticket

Free Showtime for 1 year

Free Starz for 6 months

$15 off my bill per month for 1 year

Had to renew my contract for 1 year starting today

What I did:

Called and said "cancel service" in the menus. Got a rep and asked him to look up the fee for canceling my service. He asked why. I told him I see ATT is offering a $45 package (roughly half what I'm paying now), and I get a bunch of premium channels and Sunday Ticket for free.

He came back with $40 as the cancelation amount, and I told him I was happy to hear it's so low because I'll come out better in the end after canceling. I'll save a lot of money moving to ATT.

He went on for a bit and eventually told me he could give me Free Sunday ticket and $15 off my bill. I said that's really generous but I still get the better deal with ATT and some premium channels. Plus I still get DirecTV's quality service. He said he could offer the Showtime/Starz deal.

That's the deal I took and I'm very satisfied with it. :)

Good luck Bills fans!

I called back and told the rep I saw people getting a better deal than I was offered online and she said no problem, I'll give you the ticket for $149 including Max. I was good with that and took it. I already get $20 per month for another year from the deal I worked out last year, so I'm happy as usual with DTV. I'm still not on any type of contract so I still have that card to play in the future.

If you have been a subscriber to Sunday Ticket Direct TV is going to try and bill you six payments of $49.95 about $300. They advertise it for $199. So I called and they told me I had NFL Sunday Ticket Max. Meaning that I could watch games on my phone if I wanted too. If you tell them you don't want the Max they will transfer you to someone else that will give you the Max for $210.

I received my bill for the $299 and called.

The service I received was the worst since I started having DirecTV. First when I said I didn't pay $300 last year he said it's not $300 this year it's $299.99. He then refused to tell me what I paid last year saying it was irrelevent.

There was no give and no offer of the MAX for $210 so I took the vanilla Ticket but plan to call about about the disservice I received.

DIRECT TV is simply the best. My bill was getting pretty pricey , would have been about $187.00 a month with Sunday Ticket during season. Since I,ve been a customer since 1998, One call and my monthly bill is now $77.00 for the same service.No argument, no hesitation , we understand times are difficult, how can we keep you as a customer!!!!!!

What did you say to get the discount? I called to ask for a reduction and they would not do it. I did get free Showtime and Sports pak though. A $5 bill reduction if I signup for paperless billing.

• 4 weeks later...

Ive had DTV for 10 years and never had a problem. The last couple years Ive been reading about how everyone gets NFL Sunday Ticket for discounted prices, even free. So I decided to save myself some money this year and it took about 1 hour and a couple goofy run around artists, but after threatening to just cancel everything because the first guy I talked to didnt want to help me much, so I bluffed into dropping all service, mentioned Time Warner, Dish Network, sports bar, ect... So I tell this goofball cancel it all and I swear he started to talk about how I could get a discount on the warranty for my equipment and whatever???? I had to ask him "why would I want a warranty when Im going to cancel????" Asked for somebody with approval to authorize a REAL discount. Now Im talking to somebody coherrent and helpful, found out since Im a long time customer, I get NFL Ticket FREE, a couple movie channels for a year FREE, and 15.00 cheaper bill every month for 2 years. Had to sign a 2 year contract, but so what I wasnt going anywhere anyway. THANKS GUYS FOR HELPING ME SAVE BEER MONEY, I WOULDVE NEVER KNOWN.