‘Uncommitted’ and unknown score points against Obama

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/uncommitted-unknown-score-points-against-obama-090101112.html

http://blogs.courier-journal.com/politics/2012/05/22/kentucky-2012-primary-president-barack-obama-rejected-by-state-democrats-in-67-counties/

President Obama easily won Tuesday night's Democratic primary in Kentucky, capturing 58 percent of the vote. That sounds like a solid victory. But with the president running unopposed in the Bluegrass State that means more than four in 10 voters didn't pick him. Who did they choose instead? Forty-two percent of those going to the polls rejected the president in favor of "uncommitted."

This is news with a spin.

Obama has zero chance of winning Kentucky, this is not a big deal.

Here's a breakdown of the 2008 Democratic Primary:

Clinton: 459,511 65.48%

Obama: 209,954 29.92%

Uncommitted: 18,091 2.58%

Edwards: 14,212 2.03%

Voter turnout 43.0%

in the 2008 election, Obama picked up 751,985 41.2% of the Kentucky vote to McCain's 1,048,462 57.4%.

Again looking at the numbers it appears that Obama capitalized on all Democratic Primary voters. In the end the reality is Kentucky is very conservative and won't be in play in 2012.

This is news with a spin.

You don't think it's just a little odd that of the 370,000 people voting in a useless, inconsequential Democratic primary between a sitting president and and blank piece of paper, almost 150,000 Democrats literally went to a voting booth to NOT vote for the human?

That's not spin. That's embarrassing. I don't care WHAT state it is.

Edited by LABillzFan

You don't think it's just a little odd that of the 370,000 people voting in a useless, inconsequential Democratic primary between a sitting president and and blank piece of paper, almost 150,000 Democrats literally went to a voting booth to NOT vote for the human?

Pretty much. It's not like it was an open primary and people from the other party went and voted for someone other than the front-runner. <_<

I have a feeling if Romney wins the election, Scoobie will call it "spin" :lol:

That's the way I viewed it also. People had a choice, stay at home or go vote for "none of the above".

In one of the other primaries, didn't some guy in a federal prison get similar numbers against Obama? Can't remember which state. Might have been Virginia or something.

In one of the other primaries, didn't some guy in a federal prison get similar numbers against Obama? Can't remember which state. Might have been Virginia or something.

In West Virginia, an inmate from Texas received around 40%.