RGIII's preseason debut is against the Bills

I am looking forward to the first preseason game this year vs the Redskins. With living in the Northern VA area, hearing all the press about RGIII, plus having to watch the RGIII lovefest...excuse me...ESPN's coverage of the draft, I can't wait to see the new Bills D-line chase RGIII around. With the Redskins having such a crappy O-line, RGIII will be running for his life in his preseason debut. IMO, he'll take more of a beating than Jay Cutler did last year in preseason. I know the preseason game will be televised down here in the surrounding DC areas, but I definitely plan on muting the volume as Joe Theismann will continue his huge man crush of every Redskins player...YUCK!!!

I am looking forward to the first preseason game this year vs the Redskins. With living in the Northern VA area, hearing all the press about RGIII, plus having to watch the RGIII lovefest...excuse me...ESPN's coverage of the draft, I can't wait to see the new Bills D-line chase RGIII around. With the Redskins having such a crappy O-line, RGIII will be running for his life in his preseason debut. IMO, he'll take more of a beating than Jay Cutler did last year in preseason. I know the preseason game will be televised down here in the surrounding DC areas, but I definitely plan on muting the volume as Joe Theismann will continue his huge man crush of every Redskins player...YUCK!!!

Do we really expect to see the first team take many reps in the first preseason game? Isn't 1 quarter about right? I could be misremembering or he could handle this year differently, but seems like Chan likes to use preseason to audition the #2 and #3 players, even if the other team leaves their #1s in

Stubhub has tickets for under $5 for that game, though with fees and shipping you'll probably wind up paying over $20. Then there's the ridiculous parking at FedEx Field and DC traffic...the game is on TV right?

PTR

Stubhub has tickets for under $5 for that game, though with fees and shipping you'll probably wind up paying over $20. Then there's the ridiculous parking at FedEx Field and DC traffic...the game is on TV right?

PTR

The game is at RWS.

Do we really expect to see the first team take many reps in the first preseason game? Isn't 1 quarter about right? I could be misremembering or he could handle this year differently, but seems like Chan likes to use preseason to audition the #2 and #3 players, even if the other team leaves their #1s in

Totally missing the point. Everyone knows the starters will play limited time in preseason. My point is everyone (Espn, NFL network & the media in the surrounding DC areas) have been overly hyping RGIII. Going into the first preseason game (Redskins vs Bills), the RGIII hype is going to be much, much worse. Considering how bad the Skins O-line is, RGIII will be running for his life against the new Bills D-line, which I'm looking forward to seeing.

Totally missing the point. Everyone knows the starters will play limited time in preseason. My point is everyone (Espn, NFL network & the media in the surrounding DC areas) have been overly hyping RGIII. Going into the first preseason game (Redskins vs Bills), the RGIII hype is going to be much, much worse. Considering how bad the Skins O-line is, RGIII will be running for his life against the new Bills D-line, which I'm looking forward to seeing.

What if he throws 4 TDs of 80 yards each on 4 attempts?

How does that make me a redskins fan? Your assuming he is going to get shot down to earth. What if he doesnt? Simply question. I didnt say i hope he does

What makes me assume the Bills D will chase RGIII around, pound on him & sack him? Well, let's look at the Bills/Skins game last season. The Bills had 10 sacks in that game, Dareus was at the NT position & Kyle Williams did not play due to injury. This year in preseason, the Bills will have 2 dominant DT's in the middle (Dareus & KW), a very dominant DE in M. Williams, plus a good DE in M. Anderson. Considering how bad the Skins O-line is, plus the Bills having 4 great players up front (compared to 1 last year), is there any doubt how the Bills D will do? The only way RGIII will do anything will be with his feet.

What makes me assume the Bills D will chase RGIII around, pound on him & sack him? Well, let's look at the Bills/Skins game last season. The Bills had 10 sacks in that game, Dareus was at the NT position & Kyle Williams did not play due to injury. This year in preseason, the Bills will have 2 dominant DT's in the middle (Dareus & KW), a very dominant DE in M. Williams, plus a good DE in M. Anderson. Considering how bad the Skins O-line is, plus the Bills having 4 great players up front (compared to 1 last year), is there any doubt how the Bills D will do? The only way RGIII will do anything will be with his feet.

Do you know something about Kyle Williams' injury status that we don't? Last I heard, it wasn't good.

Do you know something about Kyle Williams' injury status that we don't? Last I heard, it wasn't good.

Last I heard he was progressing well and should be ready by training camp.,,what did you hear?

Last I heard he was progressing well and should be ready by training camp.,,what did you hear?

I read somewhere that his achilles was completely detached from the bone and he may never get back to form.

I read somewhere that his achilles was completely detached from the bone and he may never get back to form.

Well it was detached and reattached during the surgery but there was absolutely no indication that he wouldn't be back to form.

Here's what was posted in Chris Brown's blog back in mid-February:

Bills defensive coordinator Dave Wannstedt, who spoke to the WNY media Thursday, was asked about DT Kyle Williams and how his rehab is coming along after Achilles surgery late last season. Here’s his update.

“Kyle was in town last week and he came back just for his checkups and everything is right on schedule,” said Wannstedt. ”There has not been a setback in any form or fashion. When he’s going to be cleared to do something and how much, I don’t know, but we’re looking forward to him having a great year, we really are.”

Well it was detached and reattached during the surgery but there was absolutely no indication that he wouldn't be back to form.

That makes me feel a lot better. What I read (or maybe thought I read) had me thinking we might take Brockers in the draft

Hey, even our second team D-Line is not shabby. :w00t:

PTR

I'll never go to another game at FedEx Field. The last time I went to a game a 4 hour drive home took 7.5. Just it worth it.

I don't think it's missing the point at all.

There are 3 options for the mix of players on the field when the 'skins have the ball:

RGIII vs Bills starters (what I assume you want to see)

Wash backup vs Bills Starters (no RGIII, so not relevant to your desires)

RGIII vs Bills backups (I consider most likely)

Only one of the three gives you what you're looking forward to seeing.

I don't think it's missing the point at all.

There are 3 options for the mix of players on the field when the 'skins have the ball:

RGIII vs Bills starters (what I assume you want to see)

Wash backup vs Bills Starters (no RGIII, so not relevant to your desires)

RGIII vs Bills backups (I consider most likely)

Only one of the three gives you what you're looking forward to seeing.

After giving up this years 2nd round pick, plus 1st round picks in 2013 and 2014, is there any doubt that RGIII will be starting for the Redskins this year? With that said, you can expect RGIII to be playing with the Redskins starting offense against the Bills starting defense in the preseason game in August.

They might play RGIII more than a quarter just so he can get more reps. Nothing is written in stone that he will only play 1 quarter.

When RGIII is in there against the Bills starting D, I'm expecting a beatdown similar (or worse) to the one that The Bills D did to Jay Cutler last year in preseason. If RGIII does play longer than a quarter, and is in there against the Bills backups, then I can expect to see RGIII make some plays. Most likely, the Bills starters will be in the game for 2-3 series (maybe a quarter) in the first preseason game.

Edited by Jerry Jabber