Summer Jams...what are yours?

Buftex

I used to put together a "summer mix" for all my friends and family, years ago...my sisters still pull out those old cassettes...my family has had a rough year, was thinking of putting together another summer mix...what songs evoke summer to you? Doesn't have to necessarily be a song about summer, just a good summer vibe... or good summer melancholia.

Something like:

King Harvest: "Dancing In the Moonlight"

I used to put together a "summer mix" for all my friends and family, years ago...my sisters still pull out those old cassettes...my family has had a rough year, was thinking of putting together another summer mix...what songs evoke summer to you? Doesn't have to necessarily be a song about summer, just a good summer vibe... or good summer melancholia.

Something like:

King Harvest: "Dancing In the Moonlight"

youtube.com/watch?v=g5JqPxmYhlo

Made me think of Moondance

Pretty much anything from Jack Johnson.

I don't hate JJ, but I am not supe familar with his catalog...any one particular song? I want to mix some old with some new!

Made me think of Moondance

Yeah, I can definitely hear the Van Morrison influence on these guys! They were kind of "one hit wonders" who originated, if I am not mistaken, in Ithica. I love "Moondance", but for some reason, that song always reminds me of Fall...

Slightly Stoopid- 2AM

youtube.com/watch?v=83DyqBMsVzE&ob=av3n

Good tune!

I don't hate JJ, but I am not supe familar with his catalog...any one particular song? I want to mix some old with some new!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mGeETlU74o

It won't let me post more media files but also check out-- You and Your Heart, If I Had Eyes, Sleep Through the Static, Bubble Toes, Taylor, Go On, Gone, Wasting Time, Rodeo Clowns.

Yeah, I can definitely hear the Van Morrison influence on these guys! They were kind of "one hit wonders" who originated, if I am not mistaken, in Ithica. I love "Moondance", but for some reason, that song always reminds me of Fall...

Good tune!

Well the leaves falling does hint at that. I just put it in cause I wanted to, and the moon was in there[Good excuse] :D

just really good chill music from the Mellow Man himself....here are few of my favorites...along with Wooderson who linked to 'Flake'

Good tune!

Yep, Moondance is for the fall. Some Girls is for the summer!:thumbsup:

For some reason, the Rolling Stones Some Girls CD reminds me of Summer. I think I got it just before Summer started and remember listening to it with the windows open on a beautiful day in the house I lived in at Cornell with friends just enjoying life and good weather.

For some reason, the Rolling Stones Some Girls CD reminds me of Summer. I think I got it just before Summer started and remember listening to it with the windows open on a beautiful day in the house I lived in at Cornell with friends just enjoying life and good weather.

Yeah, me too..."Just My Imagination", Stones-afied is a great summer track. I love that whole album...

youtube.com/watch?v=zc9wIzi96_E

the classic summer song. Have a drink, have a drive.....you got women on your mind

Another great one...from a time when the American Top 40 was really more diverse than ever.

Ooh..another good one, Donovan "Sunshine Superman"...trippy!

I've started doing the same on itunes with an eye to our August week at Sabago Lake.

--Eddie Cochran: Summertime Blues; mandatory for any summer collection.

--I'll include some early Beach Boys: Sloop John B is a personal fave.

--Summer Wind: Sinatra.

--Bob Marley: anything

And if you want super chill out music, Kohala is pretty good stuff.

Yep, Moondance is for the fall. Some Girls is for the summer!:thumbsup:

Also

Exile On Main Street

Street Legal

Never Mind The Bollocks

and a couple songs,

Hot Rails To Hell

and of course Hot Fun In The Summertime.