Skip Bayless Says .....

Skip Bayless tweeted this:

"Vince Young eventually will be the starting quarterback of the Buffalo Bills, who'll start causing problems in the AFC East."

If memory serves me, Skip once similarly said that VY will beat out Vick for the starting job in Philly.

What do you guys say? Will VY ever start ahead of a healthy Fitz?

Personally, I don't think so.

By the way, Bayless is not a guy who I think is very accurate or knowledgeable when he reports on the NFL. Nonetheless, I did like reading that the Bills will "start causing problems in the AFC East."

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Vince Young eventually will be the starting quarterback of the Buffalo Bills, who'll start causing problems in the AFC East."

If memory serves me, Skip once similarly said that VY will beat out Vick for the starting job in Philly.

By the way, Bayless is not a guy who I think is very accurate or knowledgeable when he reports on the NFL. Nonetheless, I did like reading that the Bills will "start causing problems in the AFC East."

If Fitz cracks his ribs again this year...

Bayless's job is to be controversial. I don't think he's an "idiot"; I think ESPN requires his opinions to be controversial.

i think sometimes skip takes the complete OPPOSITE view of what would be considered "racist," so he can be seen as "down" by his cohosts, like steven a., or scoop jackson. he has just always struck me as the kind of guy that would sit there at a cocktail party with a smug look on his face, and be quick to point out that he "has several black friends who feel this way."

with that being said, yes, vince young will resurrect his career in buffalo, and will replace fitz as the starter coming out of our bye week.

he is not an elite quarterback (neither is fitz,) but his ceiling is MUCH higher than fitzy, AND he has a winning record as a starter, and will have a qb guru working with him all offseason.

how anyone thinks vince wont be starting by the end of the season, i dont know.

IF Given a legit shot then yeah he can beat him out. Pure talent wise Fitz can't hold Youngs Jock. If young has matured and actually wants to focus on football, they give him a legit chance and he would beat fitz.

Nix and gailey won't let it happen

Skip has also said Lebron James and Adrian Peterson are overrated.

End of discussion.

IF Given a legit shot then yeah he can beat him out. Pure talent wise Fitz can't hold Youngs Jock. If young has matured and actually wants to focus on football, they give him a legit chance and he would beat fitz.

Nix and gailey won't let it happen

He could never beat out Fitz and i don't even like Fitz all that much. Young was never a good QB.

Edited by FleaMoulds80

You obviously have never heard him ramble and talk.

I'm not sure why that's "obvious." I watch ESPN and First Take pretty often. My point is that there is a reason ESPN employs Bayless; people are drawn to watching him to see his ridiculous points of view.

If Fitz doesn't come out as strong as he did last year when the team was 5-2 I think it could happen. But if Fitz starts off even 3-3 I think he keeps the job. Anything worse than 3-3 and a 50/50 split from game to game and he's a goner. Meaning, if he goes on a 3 game losing streK I think you'll see Chan put Young in at halftime in one of the games. Young will male a strong attempt to come back but still lose and the next week he will be declared the starter until je loses the job.

I'm not routing for this. I want Futz to prove to everyone that he's a good QB. But if he struggles this is what will happen.