Practice Squad TE FENDI ONOBUN

So I was just messing around on the Roster page for the Bills looking at the active roster and I saw this guy so I did some googling. Watch this video... kid runs a 4.48 40 and is built like a brick poop house. I'm not one to normally blow up a practice squad guy but jeez this kid is an athelete. Evidently his lack of experience (1 year of on field play) at Houston and special teams was his role. If they can coach this kid up he has the build & speed to play with the pros. This thread probably won't go anywhere but I love seeing the guys they've brought in so thought I'd share...

He'll be on the roster come week 1 I'd guess and probably backing up Chandler at TE, not just on STs.

He's still behind Lee Smith and Mike Caussin (how'd he get that #83 jersey--grrrr!) and maybe even Kevin Brock, so he'd have to have a really good camp to make the active 46...

Intriguing prospect. I like signing guys like this as long as we don't waste draft picks. Work-out warriors (Erik Flowers, anyone?) often disappoint in the pros. Even world class athletes like Renaldo Nehemiah don't necessarily make good football players. I wish this guy luck but would be surprised if he ever played much. Great athletes aren't always great football players and great football players aren't always great athletes.

Btw, I kind of saw Graham as a workout warrior - picked primarily because of his 40 time but Nix and Gailey keep telling us he's a 'football player,' not a track runner. I guess we'll find out. In any case - like Nehehmiah - he'll be useful in stretching the field.

No way he passes smith or chandler though. I do like him however

I don't think that Lee Smith is some kind of lock to make the roster. As a matter of fact, in my honest opinion, it's Scott Chandler and everybody else.

I think whichever two of Smith, Onobun, Caussin, and Brock have the best camp/preseason are the one's that will make it.

I don't think that Lee Smith is some kind of lock to make the roster. As a matter of fact, in my honest opinion, it's Scott Chandler and everybody else.

I think whichever two of Smith, Onobun, Caussin, and Brock have the best camp/preseason are the one's that will make it.

Lee Smith is BY FAR the best blocker of the group. I think he makes the roster over Caussin/Onobun purely because of that. If they keep 3 TE's (and I doubt they will), I could see Chandler, Caussin, and Smith.

Greener than grass (two, count 'em, two catches for 33 yards in his one year of football at Houston), but some eye-opening measureables.

And he seems like another good kid you can root for, which is a prevailing theme at OBD this off-season...

Great find on that second link, looks like there are people that think he has alot of potential. Will be an interesting guy to watch in camp and preseason.