Practice Squad TE FENDI ONOBUN

So I was just messing around on the Roster page for the Bills looking at the active roster and I saw this guy so I did some googling. Watch this video... kid runs a 4.48 40 and is built like a brick poop house. I'm not one to normally blow up a practice squad guy but jeez this kid is an athelete. Evidently his lack of experience (1 year of on field play) at Houston and special teams was his role. If they can coach this kid up he has the build & speed to play with the pros. This thread probably won't go anywhere but I love seeing the guys they've brought in so thought I'd share...

Very impressive, looks like a blown up WR, could be our Aaron Hernandez, needs to strengthen up a bit but looks good.

If he makes the team maybe they can sell something based on his name at the concession stands… "Fendi on a bun"

I had a good laugh last year when somebody referred to him as "Gucci Onabagel."

So I was just messing around on the Roster page for the Bills looking at the active roster and I saw this guy so I did some googling. Watch this video... kid runs a 4.48 40 and is built like a brick poop house. I'm not one to normally blow up a practice squad guy but jeez this kid is an athelete. Evidently his lack of experience (1 year of on field play) at Houston and special teams was his role. If they can coach this kid up he has the build & speed to play with the pros. This thread probably won't go anywhere but I love seeing the guys they've brought in so thought I'd share...

Great link, it is interesting to note that when they asked Nix about drafting a TE he gave a quick ..NO! It looks like they are pretty happy with the guys they have in camp. Onobun, Chandler and Smith could be the reasons for that answer.

If he makes the team maybe they can sell something based on his name at the concession stands… "Fendi on a bun"

Hope he makes it as there's definately a lot of fun to have with his name! I still get a laugh at someone referring to him as Gucci Onabagel during one of last year's back/forths...

I had a good laugh last year when somebody referred to him as "Gucci Onabagel."

Hope he makes it as there's definately a lot of fun to have with his name! I still get a laugh at someone referring to him as Gucci Onabagel during one of last year's back/forths...

Thank you, thank you. B-)

I've BEEN using Onobun in Madden cuz of his speed for months now... My favorite play on 3rd and short is Standard Pass/Y Shallow Cross/ TE Onobun catches 2 yards out wit a minimum of 7 YAC 1st down buffalo bills...

You found a play on Madden that works EVERY time!?

I have long felt and often stated that for a team to keep a TE, he needs to be very good at (or at least have serious potential to be very good at) one element of the position, either blocking or receiving. The Bills, for some unearthly reason, have spent the last 20 years signing 40 different cloned versions of Ryan Nuefeld, who do both things barely adequately but aren't very good with a chance of being great at anything. Those kinds of players are pretty worthless, IMO, and we have had mostly worthless production for 20 years. Robert Royal had some potential, he just sucked.

And guys like Derek Fine Shouman don't count, because they are supposed to be good at receiving but lack the size and/or speed to really be good at the position. They are the same class as Ryan Neufeld.

Scott Chandler can be a legitimate receiving threat. Lee Smith can block, although it remains to be seen if he can do it really well. At least he has the size and ability. Onobun has the legitimate potential to be a receiving threat, so he is the kind of player you bring in and develop. Hopefully we are done with the Ryan Neufeld Shouman Fine Klopfenstein Campbell

Edited by Kelly the Dog

Should change his first name to hamburger.

LOL ... I got it!

an alternate perspective ...

You call this funny? I don't see anything funny about it. It's just stupid.

Sincerely,

Women

6'6 and 4.48 40 @ 255 is tight end size with nearly wr speed.

Worth trying to coach him up and see what you get.

This scouting team is really good at finding solid long shots. If just one jasper, Tanny, Obun, Roosevelt, Nelson jones, Jackson type makes an Impact, what a fine job thinking outside the box to build a winner.