What Does Ron Paul Want?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This pos is really aging delegates for some reason, what the heck will this wacko do at the convention with his mob of moronic followers?

This pos.............................. is really aging delegates for some reason,...........what the heck will this wacko do at the convention with his mob of moronic followers?

(U.S.Congressman).......................(Gibberish)..................................................(Wacko,mob,moronic), ignorance on display

You are frightened of everything. You call it caution. You call it common sense. You call it practicality. You call it playing the odds, but that's only because you're afraid to call it by its real name, and its real name is fear.

- Mick Farren

Edited by B-Man

ron paul wants lawlessness among markets. hes a pure neoliberal. in his ideology he feels humans will act moral with market forces.

i would argue markets are not all the same, and some have much more power than others, creating a system which is tempting to say the least...

imagine if we deregulated the highway or all traffic regulations... well yeah, just think of that scenario for 60 seconds..

Well, his main message of limited federal government is one for the ages. The federal government was not formed to intervene in our daily lives like the succubus that it has become. It was created to protect us from our enemies abroad and to protect our liberty and freedoms. Little more than that, nothing less than that. It's a message that resonates with millions of Americans.

ron paul wants lawlessness among markets. hes a pure neoliberal. in his ideology he feels humans will act moral with market forces.

i would argue markets are not all the same, and some have much more power than others, creating a system which is tempting to say the least...

imagine if we deregulated the highway or all traffic regulations... well yeah, just think of that scenario for 60 seconds..

Somehow I feel less intelligent after reading this post.

I'm liking it. Sure would teach those arrogant cyclists to share the !@#$ing road.

I don't have to imagine, I've been to India, and they seem to handle it just fine. Most of the world has little to no observable traffic rules, and they still get from point A to point B while avoiding some type of Mad Max: Road Warrior scenario. I'm sorry, what was your point?

I have not heard him tout throwing out highway safety regulations. What I have heard him advocate is tru free market capitalism and non intenventionalist policies toward to the rest of the world.

Actually, the more I hear, the more he sounds very different than the other two choices we have.

I have not heard him tout throwing out highway safety regulations. What I have heard him advocate is tru free market capitalism and non intenventionalist policies toward to the rest of the world.

Actually, the more I hear, the more he sounds very different than the other two choices we have.

Which makes his post all the more perplexing. Half of his posts have been pimping Chomsky, and then he turns around and blasts Ron Paul. Strange.

Which makes his post all the more perplexing. Half of his posts have been pimping Chomsky, and then he turns around and blasts Ron Paul. Strange.

We better send out the "thought police" on him....

I seem to remeber both being critical of the US being the world police.... so was he just upset about trouble on the highways? :unsure:

I believe he was for banning of the placement of reading materials in the bathroom.

Rep. Paul also unsuccessfully ran for President in 2004, and 2008.

The belief that this time Gov. Romney will have to "give" him something for his (and his supporters) backing is just the wishing of the left for some continued division in the GOP, as the primary season ends.

I don't have to imagine, I've been to India, and they seem to handle it just fine. Most of the world has little to no observable traffic rules, and they still get from point A to point B while avoiding some type of Mad Max: Road Warrior scenario. I'm sorry, what was your point?

no, i was just trying to illustrate that the market left to its own devices will create massive structures of power. everybody in a market does not have fair competition, nor should we want perfect competition, but what we dont want is something on the opposite spectrum where might makes right. some are smarter than others, some have more private property, some states have different rules, i think this goes without saying. i think we should have a decent level of some protection. anybody thats talked to a lawyer knows this on a very basic level. markets are not the same, and if there are no laws outside of market incentive, people can get away with tons of crazy ****, or even get in bed with the govt. keep in mind, im not simply for " regulation" but rather regulation that actually keeps markets semi-efficient and have a minimal standard of decent ethics... this is why i used the traffic analogy. forget utopia, that doesnt exist. even with traffic regs, we still have accidents, but if there was no law, well,like i said, things would get crazy or at the very least not be as good or as efficient as our system...

fascism starts because corporations have taken over govt. this does not mean we dont want govt, rather regulations preventing cronyism at some base level.

Edited by MARCELL DAREUS POWER

I don't have to imagine, I've been to India, and they seem to handle it just fine.

True, unless you hit someone. If that happens a mob of people will come after you and if they get to you, you're dead.

True, unless you hit someone. If that happens a mob of people will come after you and if they get to you, you're dead.

Well you don't stop if you hit someone. That's like day 1 stuff. The right of way belongs to whoever honks and flashes their brights the most. If someone still gets hit, then they're clearly at fault.

Well you don't stop if you hit someone. That's like day 1 stuff. The right of way belongs to whoever honks and flashes their brights the most. If someone still gets hit, then they're clearly at fault.

It doesn't matter who is truly at fault. The hitter is automatically considered to be at fault and punished if caught. Which is why, as you said, you don't stop.

Edited by Doc

no, i was just trying to illustrate that the market left to its own devices will create massive structures of power. everybody in a market does not have fair competition, nor should we want perfect competition, but what we dont want is something on the opposite spectrum where might makes right. some are smarter than others, some have more private property, some states have different rules, i think this goes without saying. i think we should have a decent level of some protection. anybody thats talked to a lawyer knows this on a very basic level. markets are the same, and if there are no laws outside of market incentive, people can get away with tons of crazy ****, or even get in bed with the govt. keep in mind, im not simply for " regulation" but rather regulation that actually keeps markets semi-efficient and have a minimal standard of decent ethics... this is why i used the traffic analogy. forget utopia, that doesnt exist. even with traffic regs, we still have accidents, but if there was no law, well,like i said, things would get crazy or at the very least not be as good or as efficient as our system...

fascism is because corporations have taken over govt. this does not mean we dont want govt, rather regulations preventing cronyism at some base level.

Crony Capitalism happens when a government gets to big. To centralized. When it can control and manipulate by regulations. They become the mob boss godfather and the one to pay off to get your way. This is why we are a republic.

Edited by Dante

The more I read of Ron Paul, the more I hear his thoughts and positions, the more I like his solutions. Do I like them all, no. It would be really nice to see him in the General Election... it would be nice to see him debate with Obama and Romney, really present ideas that are different and have been consistent over the years. It would be interesting to see Myth and Barry squirm over a guy who seems to just lay it out there good or bad....a guy not bought by party or person.

no, i was just trying to illustrate that the market left to its own devices will create massive structures of power. everybody in a market does not have fair competition, nor should we want perfect competition, but what we dont want is something on the opposite spectrum where might makes right. some are smarter than others, some have more private property, some states have different rules, i think this goes without saying. i think we should have a decent level of some protection. anybody thats talked to a lawyer knows this on a very basic level. markets are the same, and if there are no laws outside of market incentive, people can get away with tons of crazy ****, or even get in bed with the govt. keep in mind, im not simply for " regulation" but rather regulation that actually keeps markets semi-efficient and have a minimal standard of decent ethics... this is why i used the traffic analogy. forget utopia, that doesnt exist. even with traffic regs, we still have accidents, but if there was no law, well,like i said, things would get crazy or at the very least not be as good or as efficient as our system...

fascism is because corporations have taken over govt. this does not mean we dont want govt, rather regulations preventing cronyism at some base level.

You're officially an idiot.