looks like we have to cut kelsey

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Got a link the the Dareus comment so we can see the context? Calling a football player borderline cocky seem like a complement to me.

It was on TV the week after the Broncos game. Chris Brown was interviewing him. Sorry no link. It was meant as a complement. No more Kelsay-bashing from me. :bag:

Look..its all a power thing. I'm better than you so give me your number. Kelsay was right to say no and right to say "hell no..go F yourself." Then come out to camp/preseason/and regular season and back up not only that you should keep your number but also keep your place on the team and in the starting rotation. Good for him. I always figured that guys who give up their number give up on themselves.

Kelsay is not much of a pass-rusher (as many RDE's are not), but he is a solid player and the best run defender of our 4 DE's.. probably by far. doubt he goes anywhere. i think the Bills coaches and players all respect him. he played well last year in the 4-3, has made some nice plays and won us a few games. he's not great, but if he wants his number, no reason he should give it up. he's done far more for the Bills that Mario has obviously.

Kelsay is not much of a pass-rusher (as many RDE's are not), but he is a solid player and the best run defender of our 4 DE's.. probably by far. doubt he goes anywhere. i think the Bills coaches and players all respect him. he played well last year in the 4-3, has made some nice plays and won us a few games. he's not great, but if he wants his number, no reason he should give it up. he's done far more for the Bills that Mario has obviously.

This seems like common sense to most people, some people just don't have it.

78 is bruce's number, no one should every have it. i could see 77 or 79 if none of the 90's are available. while i don't like kelsey's response it is his number. some players place a higher value on their numbers than others. kelsey is a serviceable backup who makes too much. i guess we will see. the bills FO has got to be happy with all the preorders they are getting.

Just a couple of things here. First, I don't think that Bruce's #78 is retired. Matter of fact I don't Buffalo has hardly any numbers retired ( Kelly's #12?). secondly, I looked and looked but I can't find it, an interview with Kelsay (2006/2007?) where he basicly was saying how Schobel schooled him on getting more money on a new contract. Anywho, it just rubbed me the wrong way, the whole thing and because of it I was never a big player for either one of them after that, especially Schobel with the way that he had his head up his ass and jerked us around at the end of his career. And last but not least, I would love to see the Bills work out a trade for Osi Umenyiora with Kelsay and whatever compensation (5th rder?) we'd have to throw in. Just an idea.

Just a couple of things here. First, I don't think that Bruce's #78 is retired. Matter of fact I don't Buffalo has hardly any numbers retired ( Kelly's #12?). secondly, I looked and looked but I can't find it, an interview with Kelsay (2006/2007?) where he basicly was saying how Schobel schooled him on getting more money on a new contract. Anywho, it just rubbed me the wrong way, the whole thing and because of it I was never a big player for either one of them after that, especially Schobel with the way that he had his head up his ass and jerked us around at the end of his career. And last but not least, I would love to see the Bills work out a trade for Osi Umenyiora with Kelsay and whatever compensation (5th rder?) we'd have to throw in. Just an idea.

On the numbers: I believe 12, 32, 34, and 78 haven't been worn by a Bill since their previous owners stopped playing.

where did i say i don't think he'll make the team? i wouldn't have him on my team, but that's not the discussion here, is it.

No, you said he stinks. And if he stinks, he shouldn't make the team. And if he stinks, yet makes the team, then you are insinuating that Gailey, Nix and Wannstedt are incompetent. So which is it?

On the numbers: I believe 12, 32, 34, and 78 haven't been worn by a Bill since their previous owners stopped playing.

While that may be true I still think that the Bills haven't officially retired too many numbers and that would include Bruce's #78.

I think you are correct that #12 is the only number which is "officially" retired. However, the team no longer issues 32, 34, or 78, and they try to avoid issuing 83 if possible, but that one is a little trickier because of the number of receivers and tight ends on the team and the restrictions on which numbers they can wear. I remember reading an article about this sometime last year that said that Andre Reed personally ok'ed Lee Evans wearing 83 when he joined the team. I'm not sure how he feels about a backup TE having it now though.

edit: here's the article

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-2/The-untouchable-numbers/d99eac04-f960-4a5d-b9e8-f67b1b1c971f

Edited by Chandemonium

jesus christ. talk about overdoing it. chris kelsay is a mediocre football player. he's a symbol of a decade of football in buffalo that brings new meaning to the term epic fail. that's awesome that his dad is cool, but i'm sure other players who have sucked have cool dads too.

+1 :thumbsup:

Why should he give it up? Kelsay has played well for the Bills. Why should Carrington give 92 up? If you move teams and your numbers taken, suck it up and pick something else.

I don't know what yall have been been watching for the last 10 years. At DE Chris has been solid. Not great, but solid.

Good for you Chris in not giving it up.

I hope the Bills assign Williams #78. That would be sweet.

When?

When did he play well?

I must have been in a coma.

It's a !@#$ing number. Who gives a ****.

Apparently Kelsay.

give mario #78!

What is with all these awful suggestions for #78? Is everyone who suggests this 12 years old? Must be. No way an old timer would give up Bruuuuce's number.