53 man roster

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Donald Jones probably makes the roster over Clowney,

I know its not a sexy pick but I think Moorman will be able to hold onto his job.

Jones could make it over Clowny, I was just thinking that the Bills may want to use Clowny as their outside speed guy until TJ Graham becomes more polished.

Moorman is a great guy and still a very good punter, but Powell sounds like he is an even better punter than Moorman.

Alex Carrington had only 16 total tackles and 1 sack last season

Dwan Edwards had 52 tackles and 2.5 sacks

Spencer Johnson had 47 tackles and 2 sacks

It came down to production for me to think Carrington would not make it.

Dwan Edwards is a 3-4 DE and will not make the team. Carrington will. Spencer Johnson can play DT or DE in the 4-3. I still don't think he makes it either and they keep an additional DB.

Totally agree Powell will be the punter and in the edn they just won't keep two kickers. With this team's injury problems on the o-line and with Mcgee and Merriman coming off injury I can't see them wasting a roster spot on a second kicker no matter what Nix has said.

Dwan Edwards is a 3-4 DE and will not make the team. Carrington will. Spencer Johnson can play DT or DE in the 4-3. I still don't think he makes it either and they keep an additional DB.

Totally agree Powell will be the punter and in the edn they just won't keep two kickers. With this team's injury problems on the o-line and with Mcgee and Merriman coming off injury I can't see them wasting a roster spot on a second kicker no matter what Nix has said.

Alex Carrington's production just hasn't been good enough. He has to take a giant leap forward to make it.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/13266/alex-carrington

It would surprise me if Ruvel Martin failed to make the team. He is an absolute demon on special teams. It would take an outstanding special teams showing for someone to unseat him. Most likely casualty from your list would be Hagen or Clowney, although it would not surprise me if either of them beat out Jones. Choice makes the team. Carrington and Troup need to have very good camps, but they will get the benefit of the doubt.

So people make the team based on their stats? Dwan Edwards started at 3-4 DE. We now play a 4-3. Last years stats mean nothing. How they play in training camp and preseason will come into play....and Edwards' big contract may too.

White had a better ypc than choice, so he makes the team. Lol. 3.2 vs 2.8. Doesn't say much for either. White had 8 carries in garbage time in week 1, than had 4 carries the rest of the way. Gailey coached choice in college and went to him over white as the 2nd RB option after Fred went out. I like white and would personally prefer to keep him over Choice, but to think they would keep white over choice because he had a better ypc last year is crazy IMO. The guy had 4 carries after week 1. The only thing last year showed is gailey prefers choice over white.

I don't see clowny making the team and I'd be surprised to see us keep 3 TEs on the 53 man. A third on the practice squad is likely IMO.

His name is Marcel Dareus. How and why people still call him Darius is unreal.

Edited by NewEra

So people make the team based on their stats? Dwan Edwards started at 3-4 DE. We now play a 4-3. Last years stats mean nothing. How they play in training camp and preseason will come into play....and Edwards' big contract may too.

White had a better ypc than choice, so he makes the team. Lol. 3.2 vs 2.8. Doesn't say much for either. White had 8 carries in garbage time in week 1, than had 4 carries the rest of the way. Gailey coached choice in college and went to him over white as the 2nd RB option after Fred went out. I like white and would personally prefer to keep him over Choice, but to think they would keep white over choice because he had a better ypc last year is crazy IMO. The guy had 4 carries after week 1. The only thing last year showed is gailey prefers choice over white.

I don't see clowny making the team and I'd be surprised to see us keep 3 TEs on the 53 man. A third on the practice squad is likely IMO.

His name is Marcel Dareus. How and why people still call him Darius is unreal.

It's a production business unless upside of a player shows he can become more productive.

It will either be Clowny or Donald Jones at WR

My 53 and practice squad

Offense (24)

QB...(2) Fitz , Young,

RB...(3) Jackson, Spiller , Douglas

TE...(3) Chandler, Onobun, Dickerson TE/FB

OT...(4) Glenn, Pears, Hairston, Sanders

OG...(4) Levitre, Urbik & Rinehart, Jasper

C...(2) Woods, Asper

WR...(6) Johnson, Jones, Graham, Nelson, Easley, Martin

Defense (26)

DL...(9) M. Williams, Dareus, K.Williams, Anderson, Merriman, Moore, Carrington, Heard, Gilbert DT/ blocking TE

LB...(7) Barnett,Shepard, Morrison, Moats, Bradham, Carder, Scott

CB...(6) Gilmore, Williams, Brooks, Rogers, Cris Hill, Prince Miller

SS...(2) Searcy, Wilson

FS...(2) Byrd, Nesbitt emergency RB/QB

Special Teams (3)

Punter... Powell

Kicker.. Potter

Long Snapper... Sanborn

Practice Squad- DBs Nick Saenz, Delano Howell OL James Carmon, Paul Madsen, QBs Alex Tanney, Aaron Corp LB Scott Mckillop WR Kamar Aiken

My 53 and practice squad

Offense (24)

QB...(2) Fitz , Young,

C...(2) Woods, Asper

Defense (26)

DL...(9) M. Williams, Dareus, K.Williams, Anderson, Merriman, Moore, Carrington, Heard, Gilbert DT/ blocking TE

SS...(2) Searcy, Wilson

Special Teams (3)

Punter... Powell

Kicker.. Potter

Long Snapper... Sanborn

Practice Squad- DBs Nick Saenz, Delano Howell OL James Carmon, Paul Madsen, QBs Alex Tanney, Aaron Corp LB Scott Mckillop WR Kamar Aiken

The theme of your roster is youth, change for change sake and we might try to win in 2014. Wow that is an awfully young secondary... Don't see that happening. Potter can't hit a FG over 40 yards with no wind let alone the swirls of RW.

This team needs to win now and they will err on the side of experience especially in the seondary.

My 53 and practice squad

Offense (24)

QB...(2) Fitz , Young,

C...(2) Woods, Asper

Defense (26)

SS...(2) Searcy, Wilson

Special Teams (3)

Punter... Powell

Kicker.. Potter

Long Snapper... Sanborn

Is this serious? You are to caught up with the young undrafted unproven kids. You really think they cut mcgee and leodis for 2 practice squad guys? You really think jasper makes this team? You honestly think all of Carrington, heard,, moore and GILBERT!!!! Are making this team?? Wooowwww terrible.

• 2 weeks later...

QB (3): Fitz, Young, Smith

RB (4): Jackson, Spiller, Choice, McIntyre

WR (6): Stevie, Nelson, Jones, Graham, Easley, Hagan

TE (4): Chandler, Smith, Caussin, Dickerson

OL (8): Hairston, Levitre, Wood, Urbik, Pears, Glenn, Rinehart, Sanders

Offense: 25

DE (5): Mario, Kelsay, Anderson, Merriman, S.Johnson

DT (4): Williams, Dareus, Edwards, Troup

LB (6): Barnett, Sheppard, Morrison, Scott, Bradham, Carder

S (3): Wilson, Byrd, Searcy

CB (6): Williams, Gilmore, McKelvin, McGee, Rogers, Brooks

Defense: 24

K: Lindell, Potter

P: Moorman

LS: Sanborn

Total: 53

I don't buy 4 TEs but offhand, the "missing" player on the list isn't coming to mind

Edit: Scott.

No way we go 4 TE and 3 safeties

He's got Scott listed as an LB which is where the Bills had him last time I looked but it's been a while. I gotta think they'll keep Carrington instead of Edwards. But who knows.

GO BILLS!!!

He's got Scott listed as an LB which is where the Bills had him last time I looked but it's been a while. I gotta think they'll keep Carrington instead of Edwards. But who knows.

GO BILLS!!!

My mistake. I just scanned quick for numbers and the 3 shot out. Still not buying 4 tightends

This would be the one I would most agree with. After seeing the latest news coming from OBD this makes me think we keep Dickerson. However, I think Carder might be PS'd. Being that we can match or out offer PS players - I think it is very likely, especially early, to retain some veteran presence on the team should injury occur where we are light and especially young. I'm not sure they pull the plug on Carrington, in this situation, either.