John Harbaugh says Pats* titles are tainted

This is a two-parter.

1) The Harbaugh brothers have an opinion on everything(though I much prefer John to Jim, a major self-righteous d-bag who is just getting worse as the 49ers get better and he proves himself as a top coach)

2) he`s completely correct. Anyone stating a differing opinion on the Pats titles is blinded by Marsha and Bill`s continued strong play since the titles. They haven`t won the big game since they got caught and they`ve had similar, if not the same, talent level. If they win another one (and i expect they only have 2 or maybe 3 years to do so because of Brady`s age) then we can go back and re-evaluate. Based on the evidence though, we have to assume that Spygate played a role.

This is a two-parter.

1) The Harbaugh brothers have an opinion on everything(though I much prefer John to Jim, a major self-righteous d-bag who is just getting worse as the 49ers get better and he proves himself as a top coach)

2) he`s completely correct. Anyone stating a differing opinion on the Pats titles is blinded by Marsha and Bill`s continued strong play since the titles. They haven`t won the big game since they got caught and they`ve had similar, if not the same, talent level. If they win another one (and i expect they only have 2 or maybe 3 years to do so because of Brady`s age) then we can go back and re-evaluate. Based on the evidence though, we have to assume that Spygate played a role.

You could pick 3 plays from 3 games and the Patriots might even have 3 MORE SB titles

1) Welker Drop

2) Tyree Catch

3) Can't remember but there was one play against the Colts in the AFC Championship that doomed them

On the flip side, I am sure there are a few plays that went for them that gave them the titles they have now. Bottom line, I would not say spygate had much to do with some pretty crazy plays over the last few years.....

You could pick 3 plays from 3 games and the Patriots might even have 3 MORE SB titles

1) Welker Drop

2) Tyree Catch

3) Can't remember but there was one play against the Colts in the AFC Championship that doomed them

On the flip side, I am sure there are a few plays that went for them that gave them the titles they have now. Bottom line, I would not say spygate had much to do with some pretty crazy plays over the last few years.....

1) If Norwood's kick was a couple feet to the elft

2) If Troy Aikmen broke his arm the day before SB 27

...etc

The Bills would have 4 Super Bowl trophies. And if aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle.

If IF's and BUT's were candy and nuts...

1) Welker Drop

2) Tyree Catch

Valid points. I am blinded by my hate for the Pats sometimes. And my hate is blinded by my jealousy sometimes too.

1) If Norwood's kick was a couple feet to the elft

2) If Troy Aikmen broke his arm the day before SB 27

...etc

The Bills would have 4 Super Bowl trophies. And if aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle.

If IF's and BUT's were candy and nuts...

No crap, you are repeating exactly what I said - it goes both ways....re-read

sort of odd how this played he out, he was asked a question if he would ever bend the rules to gain a championship. He said (paraphrasing)"no cause in the end everything comes out and regardless if you gained any advantage, it gets stained (presumably by other peoples implications", I don't think Harbough was implying that he considered those championships to be stained or those championships to have asterisks.... I think he was talking about general perceptions.

My bet is he'll issue a clarification saying he doesn't believe those championships were stained.

Me personally, they cheated and they gained an advantage... there is uncertainty to the degree it impacted their ability to win games but I view all their championships as stained. I still remember the 2004 superbowl against the eagles -- every time Jim Johnson dialed up a blitz the patriots had a nice slip screen play called. At the time I attributed it to good game planning, but now I think its more likely they broke the rules to gain a unfair advantage.

1) Welker Drop

2) Tyree Catch

It doesn't change the fact that they cheated. More importantly, who says that have have stopped cheating. While they may have stopped video taping, there are many other ways. Cheaters don't stop cheating bedcause they were caught - they just find new ways to cheat.

There's no question the Pats* and Brady are still great, but the Pats* don't get the jump on teams like they used to. I always suspected the Pats* played like they knew what play was coming, and it turns out they did. They cheated. End of story. Like John Harbaugh says, maybe it helped, maybe it didn't, either way you still have the stain.

PTR

1) Welker Drop

2) Tyree Catch

Tuck rule

1) Welker Drop

2) Tyree Catch

ha yes the FG's they won by

Why would they do it if it didn't help them? Those who are willing to look the other way and say it didn't help them need to answer that question. Belichick is not known for wasting energy or time on inconsequential stuff.

kj

There's no question the Pats* and Brady are still great, but the Pats* don't get the jump on teams like they used to. I always suspected the Pats* played like they knew what play was coming, and it turns out they did. They cheated. End of story. Like John Harbaugh says, maybe it helped, maybe it didn't, either way you still have the stain.

PTR

Lol, I see what you did there. Funny how people who think spygate was no big deal sound alot like people who thought Barry Bonds home run record was legit.

I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE this line of thinking.

why?

because people can say "oh, its not that big of a deal, i doubt it did much, everyone does it, yadda yadda"

which is all well and good.

but someone disagrees with you.

THE FREAKING COMMISSIONER OF THE NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE.

he. punished. the. patriots. for. cheating.

this isnt arena football. this isnt college football. hes not going to vacate their wins.

remember one thing: im sure it was in everyones best interest to downplay it, especially with baseball going through the whole steroid scandal, the nba going through the donaghy scandal, and people questioning whether any of their records were legit. goodell didnt want that scrutiny, didnt want that questioning, didnt want the fans and (more importantly) advertisers having that seed planted.

but he fined a coach the most a coach had ever been fined in the history of the league, and took away picks.

spygate was is and will forever be a big deal.

the patriots havent won a title since.

people think of them as some sort of "dynasty" based on what happened a decade ago when they were cheating. THE PITTSBURGH STEELERS HAVE WON 2 SUPER BOWLS SINCE THEN.

cant FREAKING wait to finish better than the pats this year.

Let's help him "clarify" his statement. This is what he said:

“In the end, everything is brought before the light of day,” Harbaugh said. “Even the thing in New England, no matter whether those things had any impact on whether they won their championships or not, they got asterisks now, it’s been stained. So to me, it’s never worth it. You’ve got to figure out ways to use the rules to your advantage.”

Sounds like his opinion to me.

Here's mine. The words "cheating scandal" will appear with "Super Bowl" in the first sentence of Bill Belichick's obituary.