Rd 7, Pick #25: K John Potter - Western Michigan

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He gets cut at the end of the preseason and put on the practice squad is my guess. They love Lindell and just resigned him. So he's not here to take his job. They probably want to be on the safe side in case of injury and avoid another Rayner situation.

Edited by biglukes

From what I read excellent on PA attempts. Field goals about an 80% guy or so. His leg isn't the strongest but not the weakest. Could be a practice guy squad. Ryan is starting to age and injuries may more frequently start to occur. Good pick to finish a good draft.

Well that's where a kicker is usually drafted....lindell is getting pretty long in the tooth....and hasn't been able to kick the ball super deep or out of bounds like everyone else does now to get the return game out of the equation...anyone got any info on this kid

Whoever we picked there probably would've been cut anyway, and they almost always bring in a UDFA kicker and punter for camp. They probably liked him just enough that they didn't want to compete with other teams to get him to camp, but I'd be shocked if he's on the opening day roster instead of Lindell.