Burfict Watch

Amazing....a one-time mid-late first round lock

Has there ever been a bigger fall from grace?

The QB Snead who left early thinking he was a 1st rounder (thanks to Todd McShay) and didn't get drafted.

And I agree. I won't spend a draft pick on VB. I guess I'd sign him as an UDFA but I'm not 100% sure on that. He is bad news.

He was never a first round talent to begin with...If he didn't have all that baggage he was a mid-round pick. I watched a ton of Pac-12 games and he was a big highlight reel hitter and that's about it. Just because his highlights make it onto sports center doesn't mean he's worth a damn.

Throw his personality issues into the mix and i think a late round pick is just about right.

Udfa bengals. What a fitting end. Let's See the mentoring begin.

Either he had zero options, or he just doesn't get that he needs to find somewhere boring to be and hone his craft with strong mentors and hard workers. That front 7 is about the worst group I could see him running with. Not to mention some of the drug issues that locker room has seen coupled with his own.

Edited by NoSaint

You guys know he failed his drug test at the combine, righf?

I didn't actually. I made my "undrafted" prediction based entirely on his behavior on and off the field.

That being the case, it's really too bad for him that he went to the Bengals. Not exactly a clean nurturing environment.

Edited by Hopeful

Udfa bengals. What a fitting end. Let's See the mentoring begin.

Either he had zero options, or he just doesn't get that he needs to find somewhere boring to be and hone his craft with strong mentors and hard workers. That front 7 is about the worst group I could see him running with. Not to mention some of the drug issues that locker room has seen coupled with his own.

Yeah, they'll be a great calming influence on the kid... :lol:

I didn't actually. I made my "undrafted" prediction based entirely on his behavior on and off the field.

That being the case, it's really too bad for him that he went to the Bengals. Not exactly a clean nurturing environment.

JayRon Hosley flunked the drug test as well. He got drafted in the 3rd.

Burfict had an extraordinary flame out. On field problems, off field problems, terrible combine, carcinogenic interviews... the Bengals might've been the only team that called.

He was never a first round talent to begin with...If he didn't have all that baggage he was a mid-round pick. I watched a ton of Pac-12 games and he was a big highlight reel hitter and that's about it. Just because his highlights make it onto sports center doesn't mean he's worth a damn.

Throw his personality issues into the mix and i think a late round pick is just about right.

The worst thing to happen to Burfict was Erickson. Erickson is one of the worst coaches I've ever seen that keeps getting HC gigs. I'm an ASU grad and these few seasons under Erickson were painful with some of the stupidest, most undisciplined football I've seen at any level. While Erickson was Burfict's biggest proponent I think he was also his biggest enabler. I don't see much more than a group of enablers in Cincinattica so he will probably be out of the league in a year.

Edited by SACTOBILLSFAN

The worst thing to happen to Burfict was Erickson. Erickson is one of the worst coaches I've ever seen that keeps getting HC gigs. I'm an ASU grad and these few seasons under Erickson were painful with some of the stupidest, most undisciplined football I've seen at any level. While Erickson was Burfict's biggest proponent I think he was also his biggest enabler. I don't see much more than a group of enablers in Cincinattica so he will probably be out of the league in a year.

Must agree here. Erickson seems to care way more about himself than his players. This is going way back to the hurricane days.

There were high hopes for Skooby when he first registered to our board but he flamed out rather spectacularly.

I disagree. Skooby was a real dog. I never liked his pedigree...

Edited by ExWNYer

Think he might have meant one-time top draft prospects who went undrafted

Leaf and Russell would fall into the related, but different category of "one-time top first round draft picks who flamed out"

Yes, correct....

Leaf is probably the biggest draft BUST of all time.

Burfict could be the biggest pre-draft swoon of all time.