Cousins in the 4th?

eball

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think I would bother. There are still prospects out there at other positions who could potentially come in and contribute something this season to the team, and I'd rather have that than a fairly ordinary QB prospect.

I don't get the Cousins hype. He reminds me of Drew Stanton (not just because they went to the same school) - a mediocre, caretaker-type career backup. If you're going to pick a QB, pick someone who can develop into a high-quality starter. You can find guys like Cousins in free agency (Josh Johnson, Travaris Jackson, etc.).

I don't get the Cousins hype. He reminds me of Drew Stanton (not just because they went to the same school) - a mediocre, caretaker-type career backup. If you're going to pick a QB, pick someone who can develop into a high-quality starter. You can find guys like Cousins in free agency (Josh Johnson, Travaris Jackson, etc.).

Some would disagree with you and say Cousins is a qb in this draft who could develop into a high quality starter.

Some would disagree with you and say Cousins is a qb in this draft who could develop into a high quality starter.

Nothing on his resume would suggest that. Mediocre numbers against pretty good competition, flopped in big games. Average arm strength and mobility. Questionable leadership traits. I'm lost here.

I agree with Kenny. Right now Fitz does not have a serviceable backup. Thigpen was brought in because he knows the offense and if you remember him from the preseason last year, calling his play terrible is being generous.

Chan does not need the guy with the rocket arm and all of the other measurables to be successful in his offense - he needs someone that is smart and able to get rid of the ball quickly. Is it likely that Cousins becomes an elite QB, probably not, since you can say the same thing for just about any QB (other than Luck or RG3), but does he provide us a better option than Thigpen and a possible starter in a few years? I would say yes.

a mediocre, caretaker-type career backup.

Yeap and we already have one at starter. Still we need someone to compete with him somehow. One of my disappointments was eagles taking Foles at 88. I wanted a guy with an undeniable cannon for an arm, something we don't have on the current roster. Still in the 4th round cousins could be worth taking a flyer on,

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

I agree with Kenny. Right now Fitz does not have a serviceable backup. Thigpen was brought in because he knows the offense and if you remember him from the preseason last year, calling his play terrible is being generous.

Chan does not need the guy with the rocket arm and all of the other measurables to be successful in his offense - he needs someone that is smart and able to get rid of the ball quickly. Is it likely that Cousins becomes an elite QB, probably not, since you can say the same thing for just about any QB (other than Luck or RG3), but does he provide us a better option than Thigpen and a possible starter in a few years? I would say yes.

You don't need to blow a 4th round pick on a "serviceable backup." You can find one on the street.

Nothing on his resume would suggest that. Mediocre numbers against pretty good competition, flopped in big games. Average arm strength and mobility. Questionable leadership traits. I'm lost here.

What??? He was a three year Captain, graduated with a 3.68 GPA, holds almost every major statistical QB record at MSU, and is beloved by his teammates ( they all took to twitter last night after Russell Wilson was selected before him. I would be honored to "suggest" that on my resume.

The only thing he has in common with Drew Stanton is that they went to the same school.

You don't need to blow a 4th round pick on a "serviceable backup." You can find one on the street.

+1

There are other more pressing needs that we must addres with this draft. The Bills can pick up a FA QB to back up Fitz. And if that is their intention, they should grab someone right after the draft so he can be there for all team activities between now and start of the season..

Questionable leadership traits. I'm lost here.

It's possible his issues with accuracy and deep throws are with his mechanics and can be corrected. That can be said about a lot of QBs that never make it, though. Questionable leadership traits is probably the polar opposite of anything I've ever read about the guy. "Takes command of every room he enters" is common analysis plus he's exceptionally smart. He sounds like the kind of player Nix/Gailey covet, but that's not to say he's anything more than a poor man's Fitz.

What??? He was a three year Captain, graduated with a 3.68 GPA, holds almost every major statistical QB record at MSU, and is beloved by his teammates ( they all took to twitter last night after Russell Wilson was selected before him. I would be honored to "suggest" that on my resume.

The only thing he has in common with Drew Stanton is that they went to the same school.

:thumbsup: