For What It's Worth.....

My comments wrt Buddy falling asleep after making the pick were out of line. Buddy Nix is trying to build a winning team. I know this, so my mean comments were not called for.

Now, even though he is a professional football man and I am obviously not, I do reserve the right to disagree with his method of building a team. I do so because I have been a Bills fans for decades. I've seen the results of the first round defensive back merry go-round, and as we all know, they haven't been pretty.

That said, perhaps, given the strong DL, things will be different now. I love this team, it's fans, and the state of New York. I want the Buffalo Bills to win as much as anybody, anywhere.

So again, I'm sorry for the mean comments. They were undeserved. And btw, I was very restrained. Compared to Whitner and McKelvin, this was good behavior. :)

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My comments wrt Buddy falling asleep after making the pick were out of line. Buddy Nix is trying to build a winning team. I know this, so my mean comments were not called for.

Now, even though he is a professional football man and I am obviously not, I do reserve the right to disagree with his method of building a team. I do so because I have been a Bills fans for decades. I've seen the results of the first round defensive back merry go-round, and as we all know, they haven't been pretty.

That said, perhaps, given the strong DL, things will be different now. I love this team, it's fans, and the state of New York. I want the Buffalo Bills to win as much as anybody, anywhere.

So again, I'm sorry for the mean comments. They were undeserved. And btw, I was very restrained. Compared to Whitner and McKelvin, this was good behavior. :)

Peace be to you. From what I figure you saw a player that possibly you thought the Bills should have traded up for that they didn't. You want better things from the Bills as we all do. Thank you for being a great hardcore BILLS fan!

I forgive you, Bill.

:)

I understand your concern with this pick given McKelvin's failure and Whitner's mediocrity. But this is a new regime. I believe Buddy has a plan for building this team into a winner and I really respect his player evaluations. I don't always agree with the picks at the time(see Spiller, CJ). But as the plan comes together, I am starting the see the wisdom of it and giving Buddy more leeway. For the first time in a long time, I feel really good about the team and it's direction and I respect the players. We have a team that is very easy to like and to root for. I'm just going to sit back, watch the show and enjoy it.

What position did you want the bills to pick? I think DB and especially Gilmore was a good choice but am wondering if you had a player/position in mind.

Peace be to you. From what I figure you saw a player that possibly you thought the Bills should have traded up for that they didn't. You want better things from the Bills as we all do. Thank you for being a great hardcore BILLS fan!

I was on the phone with my daughter during the draft, and I told her that things were not shaping up well. The Vikes GM played his hand perfectly. He was touting Claiborne all week, and my guess is that he knew perfectly well that he was going to draft Kalil. In essence, he got 3 picks for NOTHING!!!!! I tip my hat to this man.

Then, Dallas paid (given RG# and Julio Jones) practically nothing to move down. This sucked if we had any intentions of doing do. And Tannehill didn't drop (again, a hit on trade down value) and Barron, who was coveted flew off the board (another hit on trade down value). Look, it's over. All we can do is hope that it works.

Btw, Gilmore looked as if he wanted to slit his wrists after being picked by us. He looked more upset than I was! :)

This can pretty much be said with every player that is drafted. I'm sure ever other board had people, with the exception of the top 3-5 picks, doing this :wallbash:

Everyone has their opinion and everyone wants something different. If I don't like a pick I just don't like it. They (the bills FO) know a lot more than I do so if that's what they want, then I'll just bite my tongue and see how it turns out.

I wasn't a fan of the pick but like I said in the 1st round pick thread, they are building for the future with the pick and not for the now. Does that mean he won't start, no. But I do think he will be a good player for us for years to come.

Bill, just want to warn you that Buddy did say he'd like to get a couple CBs in the draft. So I want you to mentally prepare yourself for the possibility of the Bills taking Janoris Jenkins in the second round.

GO BILLS!!!

Bill, just want to warn you that Buddy did say he'd like to get a couple CBs in the draft. So I want you to mentally prepare yourself for the possibility of the Bills taking Janoris Jenkins in the second round.

GO BILLS!!!

Now Bill my friend, I do hope you see the humor in this and it has made you smile.

GO BILLS!!!

and a good thing that would be. set at CB for a decade. or, at least, 3 seasons till goddell gets angry :D

and a good thing that would be. set at CB for a decade. or, at least, 3 seasons till goddell gets angry :D

3 seasons? You are optimistic. I would give Jenkins until the end of camp before he's making it rain like PacMan Jones up at the Canadian Ballet.

GO BILLS!!!

That's exactly it, brother Bill...I've been right there with you as it pertains to all these DBs we've drafted early on. And the only reason I'm not pissed about it this year is because of the D line. I believe strongly in the philosophy of building the defense from the lines backward, and DBs with a crap front 7 is a waste of a draft pick. But now that our Dline is one of the best in the NFL, I'm fine with strengthening the DBs.

For what it's worth.....

I don't like taking lineman early. I think we all know that. And I was wrong about Whitner. I think we know that. However,

we just got a 1st round O lineman....in the 2nd :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

I don't care if he's too fat, blah, f'ing blah....3/4 of the mocks I saw had him in the first, and now we have him. :D

In fact a lot of people had us taking this guy at 10.

Now, instead of having to choose...we get to have our cake....and.....our truck load of cake, too. :D

Everyone has to stop and ask how much input did Dave W.Have on who we drafted for the D he wants to put in place. Seems like everyone thinks they know more than the people doing the the grunt work on gathering all the info on who fits what the Bills are looking for.

Don't go off the deep end people, it is only a f .. En game.

GO BILLS let' s cheer for the playoffs and good things to come.

Everyone has to stop and ask how much input did Dave W.Have on who we drafted for the D he wants to put in place. Seems like everyone thinks they know more than the people doing the the grunt work on gathering all the info on who fits what the Bills are looking for.

Don't go off the deep end people, it is only a f .. En game.

GO BILLS let' s cheer for the playoffs and good things to come.

Yeah, that's one thing about this free agency and now the top of the draft... Wannstache is getting a lot of toys to play with!

You're ruining my draft. Get back in to meltdown mode.

"Buddy falling asleep" is out of line? When did we all become six year old girls?