Carolina in my craw

Simon

That Panthers outfit has been dicking with our drafts for over a decade now and they're really starting to piss me off.

Remember when they snagged Deon Grant right in front of us and Butler pissed down his leg and immediately grabbed Travares Tillman because he "needed" a safety?

Or the year after that when they came up to Buffalo late in the season and were kicking our ass until they completely tanked the 2nd half, scoring zero points while allowing us to come back from a 2 TD deficit and win. As a result they drafted Julius Peppers at #2 and we ended up with Mike Williams

2 years ago they shut it down for the last month of the season and ended up taking Cam Newton 2 spots in front of us.

Now this year they forgo all those DT's sitting there that they desperately need and grab the best LB on the board who would have been a perfect fit at a position of desperate need for the Bills, forcing us into a situation where we had little choice but to spend a Top10 pick on a 6' 190lb perimeter defender.

I like Carolina BBQ and bluegrass but those guys are really getting under my skin. :censored:

That Panthers outfit has been dicking with our drafts for over a decade now and they're really starting to piss me off.

Remember when they snagged Deon Grant right in front of us and Butler pissed down his leg and immediately grabbed Travares Tillman because he "needed" a safety?

Or the year after that when they came up to Buffalo late in the season and were kicking our ass until they completely tanked the 2nd half, scoring zero points while allowing us to come back from a 2 TD deficit and win. As a result they drafted Julius Peppers at #2 and we ended up with Mike Williams

2 years ago they shut it down for the last month of the season and ended up taking Cam Newton 2 spots in front of us.

Now this year they forgo all those DT's sitting there that they desperately need and grab the best LB on the board who would have been a perfect fit at a position of desperate need for the Bills, forcing us into a situation where we had little choice but to spend a Top10 pick on a 6' 190lb perimeter defender.

I like Carolina BBQ and bluegrass but those guys are really getting under my skin. :censored:

In today's NFL, those "perimeter defenders" can easily comprise 45-55% of your starters on D on most plays(5-6/11). Which also means on most downs you'll be playing only 1 or 2 LBs. Gilmore was a great pick at a position of equal or greater need. I still think we need help at LB, but good LB help can be found in the middle to late rounds much easier than good CB help. Especially given Wanny's history of how he likes to run his defense and how he utilizes his LBs. CB provides the greater chance for impact, which is what you want with a top 10 pick.

If they pick a offensive tackle in the second round, I really will be pissed.

Besides if Kuechly and Gilmore where both on the board, I still think the pick would have been Gilmore.

Edited by BRAWNDO

IMO they did us a huge favor and saved us from Poz v2.0.

I think that the comparison to Poz is a little unwarranted for one major reason, Luke Kuechly can cover really well. Poz was a run stuffing LB his coverage skills were suspect at best. Poz was above average against the run when he was healthy but the guy couldn't cover anyone. Kuechly to me could be a Brian Urlacher type good against the run but is special against the pass.

I yelled a not so nice expletive when the assclowns drafted Keachly. Man I wanted that guy....

gilmore will see the field a hell of a lot more then kuechly ever would have.....this league is now all about nickel and dime, and that sits the 3rd backer on the sidelines....OLB is not the need that many on this board are making it out to be - morrison is just fine for what this defence needs

I think that the comparison to Poz is a little unwarranted for one major reason, Luke Kuechly can cover really well. Poz was a run stuffing LB his coverage skills were suspect at best. Poz was above average against the run when he was healthy but the guy couldn't cover anyone. Kuechly to me could be a Brian Urlacher type good against the run but is special against the pass.

Amazing how the pendelum swings wildly.

Both are inaccurate comparisons.

Keuckly is neither that bad nor is he that impactful.

We made the right choice with Gilmore.

Even if Keuckly were there for the taking, I don't think he was the pick.

gilmore will see the field a hell of a lot more then kuechly ever would have.....this league is now all about nickel and dime, and that sits the 3rd backer on the sidelines....OLB is not the need that many on this board are making it out to be - morrison is just fine for what this defence needs

Agreed. He's the probable weakest link on D as it stands right now, but a dominant DL will hide a lot of deficiencies in the LB corps. He may even wind up making a play or 2 (see: Chase friggin' Blackburn). If he is indeed that bad, just plug another FA OLB in and address the position next year when the Bills are drafting in the 20's. :D

AND if they do draft a 4-3 OLB tonight, that's cool too.... just anywhere but at the top of the draft please (unless you are taking a MLB beast like a Patrick Willis).

Edited by Rico

I feel you Im starting to dislike Carolina too, I said the same thing yesterday they dicked us hard no vaseline 2 years in a row.. First with Cam now Luke they raping us I would hate them but my favorite color is sky blue so I can't LOL....

Everything about this is gold.

Everything.

Is it really wise to be so concerned with what other teams do. You make sure you have an alternate plan and press on.