Bills Trade for Veteran WR with #10?

Since its baseless speculation day, here's an idea: Buffalo trades #10 to KC for Dwayne Bowe, who is refusing to sign his franchise tender. Buffalo works out a contract, KC drafts Floyd.

Buddy DID say we might surprise people with our pick and that we need an impact player.

Ya. We'd have to get something else with Bowe for it to be worth it. I'm also not really for it. If rather take Floyd, Hill, Jeffrey than Bowe and his very heavy contract. You get younger and more potential at least out of Floyd and Hill.

Too funny. This is the same board that wanted Nix to grab Bowe as a free agent. Now a proven commodity...and scorer...isn't preferred over unproven Floyd?

Yes Bowe is a proven commodity however that doesn't mean we can't want someone over another player. Sure, I would have loved Bowe and if we got him we wouldn't have to draft a WR at all this draft but I'd still rather have Blackmon, Floyd, or Hill. Again, I point out to the very large pricetag of Bowe being resigned.

Too funny. This is the same board that wanted Nix to grab Bowe as a free agent. Now a proven commodity...and scorer...isn't preferred over unproven Floyd?

I'd agree Bowe is proven - he's caught 70+ passes 4 out of 5 years. But besides his monster 15 TD season, he's never scored more than 7. So i wouldn't call him a prototypical "scorer" like A. Johnson or Megatron.

But you're right, the smart play would be to take the proven commodity over the unknown every time.

So instead of drafting a top rookie who will easily sign the standard rookie contract, we trade for another WR who is a head case and wants a huge contract??

Are people coming up with these horrible ideas just to protect against a letdown in case they screw up tonight?

I like the idea of Bowe plus a pick (3rd? 4th?) for our #10. I guess it depends how serious Bowe is about holding out, how worried KC is, and what deal Bowe wants.

We still have vets left to cut (Edwards? Spencer Johnson?), so we'll save cap room. Speaking which, think KC wants either of those guys?

The money is the real issue. If it wasn't, I would trade the #10 pick, for Bowe, and, say, a 3rd rounder. You have to consider, few WR's are productive their first two years in the league. Bowe has already played, and succeeded in Chan Gailey's offense, so I would think that would give him an edge, for a team that seems to feel they are ready to make a move in the standings...but, if Bowe seems to want to get paid, large. In retrospect, the Bills got a steal in the deal they made with Steve Johnson...Bowe doesn't appear ready to "settle" for something more in line with what Johnson agreed to...that would be too much money tied into the WR position, IMO.

So instead of drafting a top rookie who will easily sign the standard rookie contract, we trade for another WR who is a head case and wants a huge contract??

Are people coming up with these horrible ideas just to protect against a letdown in case they screw up tonight?

IMO, the only way the Bills could screw-up tonight, keeping realistic scenarios in mind, would be drafting Tannehill with the #10 pick.

How about our 1st for Bowe and KC's 1st this year, and their 1st and 2nd next year. I would go for that, what do you think? LOL

I swear to god this was the only reasonable idea in the entire post. I am not a floyd fan, but if we have to choose a receiver, than how about only using 1 pick to do so. IMO the Bills are not so desperate for another receiver. This wouldn't just be using multiple picks on 1 guy (who is already making a crapload of money and holding out for more), but this takes away picks the Bills need to use to address other needs. Do the Bills need another #1 receiver instead of a receiver and a linebacker?? Hell, receiver seems to be the only deep position in the draft, and in recent years, I believe they have done well choosing receiving options in later rounds.

I swear to god this was the only reasonable idea in the entire post. I am not a floyd fan, but if we have to choose a receiver, than how about only using 1 pick to do so. IMO the Bills are not so desperate for another receiver. This wouldn't just be using multiple picks on 1 guy (who is already making a crapload of money and holding out for more), but this takes away picks the Bills need to use to address other needs. Do the Bills need another #1 receiver instead of a receiver and a linebacker?? Hell, receiver seems to be the only deep position in the draft, and in recent years, I believe they have done well choosing receiving options in later rounds.

===============================================================

Yep, I don't want Bowe. I was willing to KC our 1st for their 1st this year. (KC would move up). But in return they would give us their 1st, 2nd, and 3rd next year. That would be a great deal for Buffalo. Let them move up this year and we would have two picks in the first three rounds next year. Man would that be sweet?

We need another draft to be a true contender anyway. Let's face the facts, New England will still be the class of the AFC east in 2012. We aren't going to overtake them in one off season. They went to the superbowl and were one dropped pass away from winning it. Mario's signing has Bills fans pumped up and dreaming a bit. A non playoff team over taking a super bowl team in one off season is asking a bit too much. Yes, the Bills we be improved and more exciting, but I can't put them ahead of the Pats just yet.