The Bills are relevant again my friends

Let's start with last year:

Extended Williams

Extended Fitzgerald (yes I know it's Fitzpatrick you humorless monkeys)

Re-signed Stevie

Re-signed Chandler

Signed Mario Williams

Signed Mark Anderson

Tendered Urbik & Rhinehardt

Committed to extending Fred Jackson

I'm sure there's a couple more I've forgotten!

Now on the eve of the draft the Bills are CONSTANTLY being discussed by all media sources with multiple options and are now rumored to be after the BEST LT in the draft.

Folks, this is a team that 3 years ago wouldn't re-sign their best players and didn't want to sign anyone expensive. Holy **** what an offseason!

Buddy Nix is THE MAN!

Edited by Mike in Syracuse

We've always been relevant to some degree. I think I get you're meaning, but I wouldn't agree with your context. I'd like to say Buddy has given us a chance to be competitive. We haven't done much yet. But optimism should exist, Buddy does deserve that.

Extended Williams

Extended Fitzgerald

Re-signed Stevie

Re-signed Chandler

Signed Mario Williams

Signed Mark Anderson

Now on the eve of the draft the Bills are CONSTANTLY being discussed by all media sources with multiple options and are now rumored to be after the BEST LT in the draft.

Folks, this is a team that 3 years ago wouldn't re-sign their best players and didn't want to sign anyone expensive. Holy **** what an offseason!

Buddy Nix is THE MAN!

So mostly we resigned/extended a bunch of players who produced six wins last year? That's usually not a strategy for building future success, though I hope you are right and this time it is. I think the signings of Williams and Anderson were great. Otherwise, this is the same team, minus Bell.

I'm not knocking Nix. I'm just hoping our S&C coaches do a good job this year and keep all our good players healthy and then maybe the results will be different this year. I'm also hoping that Hairston will be at least as good as Bell.

So mostly we resigned/extended a bunch of players who produced six wins last year? That's usually not a strategy for building future success, though I hope you are right and this time it is. I think the signings of Williams and Anderson were great. Otherwise, this is the same team, minus Bell.

I'm not knocking Nix. I'm just hoping our S&C coaches do a good job this year and keep all our good players healthy and then maybe the results will be different this year. I'm also hoping that Hairston will be at least as good as Bell.

I don't think that's the right way to look at it. Last year we had a great group of CORE players such as the ones posted in the OP. Resigning these core players allows us to focus on areas of need, rather than letting them go and having to replace AGAIN with new players. Coaching, system, and player continuity is important to success. One more year experience under a coach and system is quite important, as well as becoming familiar with teammates whether it be running routes or knowing how the other one plays. I feel like these are all underrated aspects when it comes to putting together a successful team....it doesn't happen overnight.

:lol:

that is not just an emoticon; that is truly what I am doing right now.

Thanks SJ.

Glad to make you laugh d2d.

I think everyone's a bit punchy now that the big day has finally arrived.

After 11 straight days of work, I'm taking today off.

Happy Draft Day, everyone!!!

Go Bills!!!!!

Extended Williams

Extended Fitzgerald

Re-signed Stevie

Re-signed Chandler

Signed Mario Williams

Signed Mark Anderson

Buddy Nix is THE MAN!

Urbik and Rinehart both signed their tenders

You can add:

Extended McGee

Did NOT retain Parrish