Top three realistic choices

Wow. I really can't believe there are so many people that think Barron is viable at 10!!!! Considering our current safeties and Barron's lack of coverage ability, I just don't get it. He hits hard and is a sure tackler but he's not very fast. While I think he'll be a pretty good safety, he's not Ed Reed or Troy Polamalu. Considering we have Wilson, Byrd, search and Scott, I can't understand the need for taking a SS #10. Especially when we have donald jones and Kirk Morrison in the starting lineup. If we take Barron, it'll sting

Wow. I really can't believe there are so many people that think Barron is viable at 10!!!! Considering our current safeties and Barron's lack of coverage ability, I just don't get it. He hits hard and is a sure tackler but he's not very fast. While I think he'll be a pretty good safety, he's not Ed Reed or Troy Polamalu. Considering we have Wilson, Byrd, search and Scott, I can't understand the need for taking a SS #10. Especially when we have donald jones and Kirk Morrison in the starting lineup. If we take Barron, it'll sting

+1, exactly, well said. Jones and Morrison need to be backups for top draft picks this year.

My 3 would be:

Kuechly, Floyd, and ..hmmm...

What's with all the Gilmore and Barron picks? Where did this come from? I will pretty much write this season off if Nix doesn't fill a more pressing need like LB or WR.

I'm sorry but the corners I watched at teh stadium last year sucked! First time in a long time I would be more than ok taking a corner like Gilmore or Kirkpatrick.

I'm also a bit mystified by the amount of support for Barron. Not that i think he's a bad player. He would be a safe choice, but at a position which is already pretty secure.

Now, the the chatter about Kalil dropping to six (which isnt nearly a big of a trade up situation), I would expand my original 3 with a disclaimer: getting him is feasible, but not realistic. It would take the Vikings passing on the conventional wisdom, the browns and bucs going with their expected picks and the rams being willing to trade. Feasible, but I wouldnt say realistic.

I'm also a bit mystified by the amount of support for Barron. Not that i think he's a bad player. He would be a safe choice, but at a position which is already pretty secure.

Now, the the chatter about Kalil dropping to six (which isnt nearly a big of a trade up situation), I would expand my original 3 with a disclaimer: getting him is feasible, but not realistic. It would take the Vikings passing on the conventional wisdom, the browns and bucs going with their expected picks and the rams being willing to trade. Feasible, but I wouldnt say realistic.

I believe this thread was asking who we thing the Bills WILL pick not who we WANT the Bills to pick. I would pass on Barron, but the team has showed a lot of interested, reportedly.

I'm sorry but the corners I watched at teh stadium last year sucked! First time in a long time I would be more than ok taking a corner like Gilmore or Kirkpatrick.

Corners usually appear to suck when there is zero pass rush. Maybe these guys are better than we know? I think Justin Rodgers and Aaron Williams look legit. Da'Norris Searcy is a great back-up for Wilson. The safeties and corners look pretty solid to me. What about linebackers? Where were they? I'm not sure our LBs have been this weak since we had Marcus Buggs starting at MLB. Barnett is the only bright spot.

I believe this thread was asking who we thing the Bills WILL pick not who we WANT the Bills to pick. I would pass on Barron, but the team has showed a lot of interested, reportedly.

Well, considering I'm the one who started the thread...

Yeah, I was kind of vague so I'm not going to be a dick about it, and I think there is room enough for both :)

Well, considering I'm the one who started the thread...

Yeah, I was kind of vague so I'm not going to be a dick about it, and I think there is room enough for both :)

Who I predict: Gilmore, Reiff, Kirkpatrick

Who I'd pick if available: Kalil, Blackmon, Gilmore, Koochie, Floyd, DeCastro, Reiff. I don't really think the first couple are realistic except for in the pre-draft nonsense we're hearing. Sorry if that and the extra names means I broke the rules.

Chris Brown was on WGR550 today and stated the Bills feel Barron is a once in a generation safety, if they feel this way I am happy with the pick. George Wilson is a very good Strong Safety, if the Bills feel they can upgrade the position to an elite level I trust Nix to do so. Darren Moody the Bills SEC Scout said Barron can also play linebacker in the dime position thereby allowing Wilson and Barron to be on the field at the same time.

Thank God the wait is almost over!!

I agree. Would be extremely surprised if he is taken before 14, cause his style fits what dalas and phily as SS to do, so would be great for them.

Im not sure who is going to be there at 10, is small chance Kalil would be there and would love that, of ones that will likely be available i would love Keuchly or Floyd, but think they will wait on wr.

Chris Brown was on WGR550 today and stated the Bills feel Barron is a once in a generation safety, if they feel this way I am happy with the pick. George Wilson is a very good Strong Safety, if the Bills feel they can upgrade the position to an elite level I trust Nix to do so. Darren Moody the Bills SEC Scout said Barron can also play linebacker in the dime position thereby allowing Wilson and Barron to be on the field at the same time.

Thank God the wait is almost over!!

So we are basically using top 10 draft choice to get a replacement for Scott then?