Umenyora anyone?

Kevin

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing against Umenyora but I like Anderson and Merriman just fine at RDE and Williams and either Kelsay or Moore just fine at LDE if anything I'd like to add 1 stud DT and I'm not even sure we need that.

first DLine M Williams, Dareus, K Williams, Anderson

second Dline Kelsay/Moore, 2DTs out Carrington/Heard/Troup/Gilbert/Ross, Merriman

4-3 Teams usually go 8-10 Dlinemen not sure what DW wants from his DTs if it's stoutness maybe Heard and Troup are good bets if it's inside pass rush then Carrington and Gilbert have the edge - Jay Ross is very similar to Troup in size and athletically- If the Bills are going young and cheap then Moore may get the nod over Kelsay. Edwards, Spencer Johnson and Kelsay all make very good money and none of them will be on the first Line so it will be interesting who makes it.

Nope. He's looking for a big time contract and isn't interested in going anywhere that won't provide one. The Bills have enough $ tied up on the DL right now.

He's willing to play one year at 3m first though. He wants to get out of NY and audition for a year. Honestly short of going to play for spags in new Orleans, this would be one of the best spots I could picture for him.

We're trying to get younger here.

How young do you want to get? I think we're past the "getting younger" stage. We are now in the "we're trying to get better" stage. If we turn it around this season, our window will be 3-4 yrs. Osi can play another 3 seasons and be effective. More effective than Kelsay, Dwan, or Spencer. Those 3 are no spring chickens either.

He's willing to play one year at 3m first though. He wants to get out of NY and audition for a year. Honestly short of going to play for spags in new Orleans, this would be one of the best spots I could picture for him.

So then we're trading a 3d round pick for a one year rental on a guy who doesn't even play every down? I've always liked Osi but don't see this working for the Bills.

So then we're trading a 3d round pick for a one year rental on a guy who doesn't even play every down? I've always liked Osi but don't see this working for the Bills.

well, you could always extend him down the line if it works well. thats the perk of him not demanding a big deal out of the gate.

even if he doesnt play every down he is a turnover machine.

Agreed. Don't see us giving up a 3 unless we plan on signing him long term....and I don't think Ralph is dishing out anouther $10M/year for the DLine to make that happen. The alternative is $3M for one year and he's gone. Not worth a 3rd round pick. Maybe if they hadn't already gotten Anderson for $25M.

Wow We get Umenyora, and give up a 3rd. Mario and Kyle Williams, Dareus, and Umenyora as the starting line! How epic would that be?

Poor Brady :devil:

I dont know...before FA I would say all day...but we have a lot invested in two FA DE's already and then who do you bench? Of course the logical choice is Anderson as he is better than him, but still that is a lot of money committed to part time duty. I would rather use that 3rd on a young QB with monster upside to groom...Mallet...only because DE is not longer a need, especially if Merriman is healthy.

Not that I would complain if we pulled this off, it would amazing to have him in the fold, just don't see it as a need anymore and we could use that 3rd on a needed wideout in a deep WR draft or for a trade for someone like Mallet who could sit another year or so behind Fitz giving him 2 years in the league learning from 2 upstanding professionals (Brady and Fitz).

Isn't one of the reasons Osi is getting traded because his playing time is going down with Pierre-Paul lighting it up and giving him a bif contract in that role isn't going to happen? So I'm sure he'd be thrilled to get traded into another situation with limited playing time to a team who also has two big money ends in front of him. Like him as a player but I'll pass.

How would Osi Umenyiora look on the new Bills defensive line? WOW! Do you think maybe he can bring some of the Giants pass rushing philosophy to Buffalo?

Is there anyway the Bills could fit him under the cap if they dump either Kelsay or Merriman, or BOTH! Umenyiora would be a lot more productive than either Kelsay or Merriman. Merriman is done. He'll never return to what he was in San Diego. That Achilles injury robbed him of his career.

Kelsay flat out stinks and is over paid.

How does the cap work if you release a player or trade him? Does that player's salary come off the cap amount for your team?

I don't know about the cap space, but I did hear the Osi for a third round pick yesterday. That would be a no-brainer, especially because we have two fours.

====================================================================================

Yeah but I don't know if we dump Keslay or Merriman if that frees up the cap space to fit Osi in. I would take him over those two useless slugs any day of the week.

Merriman hasn't played in forever and I doubt he will ever be a force again. Kelsay is a below average player who is way over paid.

Osi's conyract is up after next year. He will most likely command a salary close to what Robert Mathis just got. No way we're able to resign him, plus he's on the wrong side of 30.

Just another "name" player that some Bills fans think we MUST get.

yeah I was thinking that he was getting old too but if they want to trade us JPP for our third, I'm all for it :thumbsup: :thumbsup: