What's Next for Sabres Fans

ajzepp

...is to come on aboard the FLYERS BANDWAGON!!! WOOOHOOO!!!

Why hang out with Sidney on the golf course when you can continue to enjoy the 2011-12 NHL season by getting behind those Philadelphia Flyers! After all, Danny Briere bled the slug with you guys for a while, so if we're good enough for Briere, we're good enough for you :thumbsup:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When the 1st Round is over, there will be 7 other teams that I would root for before the Flyers.

Awwww, c'mon...that's what everyone on here says lol...be more original! :D

I hate the Flyers but I'm rooting for them to win it all because I love Danny Briere that much. He was this generation's Gilbert Perreault and we let him get away because of front office mismanagement which looks like it continues under Pegula's reign.

This thread is just begging to revisit this playoff classic:

youtube.com/watch?v=XD03ut-iUzg

Shanny is retroactively giving Campbell a 10-game suspension for that hit.

Why hang out with Sidney on the golf course when you can continue to enjoy the 2011-12 NHL season by getting behind those Philadelphia Flyers! After all, Danny Briere bled the slug with you guys for a while, so if we're good enough for Briere, we're good enough for you :thumbsup:

Yeah, way to endear yourself to Sabres fans...bring up the slug.

Idiot. :lol:

I hate the Flyers but I'm rooting for them to win it all because I love Danny Briere that much. He was this generation's Gilbert Perreault and we let him get away because of front office mismanagement which looks like it continues under Pegula's reign.

This generation's Gilbert Perreault? Seriously?

Absolutely right! Briere should have been a Sabre for life! As for rooting for PHL.....Um HELL NO! :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

I have always hated the Flyers and Bruins more than any other NHL teams. But, last year, while watching the finals, while intending to root for the Canucks, I found myself hating them, and kind of admiring the Bruins style, ignoring the fact that it was Bruins. Then I realized, that is the kind of team I want the Sabres to be...

As for the Flyers, I hate them for the 1975 finals, but, like you PTS, I like Briere that much...hard for me to root against him. Even that fateful summer when the Sabres had to make that "either, or" choice between keeping Briere or Drury, I was fully behind keeping Briere. To me, Briere was under-appreciated or underrated as Drury was overrated. And, Briere really wanted to stay in Buffalo...he was pretty emotional about it. Sabres treated him like ****, IMO, because they were putting all their eggs in the Drury basket...in the end, as we all know, the Sabres were left for nothing, and have never really recovered from that disasterous off-season. Everytime Briere does one of those goal celebrations, even in a Philly sweater, to me it is a big "FU" to Sabres ownership (Golisano), Darcy and Lindy...not Buffalo.

Another reason I have gained some begrudging repspect for the Flyers, in the time that the Sabres have struggled to recover from losing Briere/Drury, the Flyers have built, and re-built themselves into one of the top teams in the league every years...if you recall, the Flyers, with icon Bobby Clarke at the helm, trying to invoke images of the "Broadstreet Bullies" were the laughing stock of the "new NHL" while the Sabres were taking bows for being forward thinking and collecting small, speedy players....Flyers adapted fast, and still managed to keep their back-bone...Sabres still trying to get it right.

Edited by Buftex

I should hat the Flyers but I always kinda respected them. My brother lives in Philly and I just like the way they play hockey. Briere is money and I love that they traded to slacker but highly skilled players and made their team better. Simmonds is the exact type of player the Sabres have missing for years. I also recently saw a HBO special on the Broad Street Bullies and absolutely loved them.

I've probably go to Sabres hell but I'd rather see a team like the Flyers win than Nashville, Florida, Phoenix, etc.

So in a moment of stupidity, you dump your hot girlfriend only to watch her immediatley hook up with your worst enemy, and now you root for your worst enemy because he's tapping her?

NFW. I'd rather root for the Pats* than the Flyers.

This generation's Gilbert Perreault? Seriously?

Seriously. He was already the most popular player on the team. If he stayed and remained a Sabre for the rest of his career, I have no doubt he would have been this generation's Perreault. He loved Buffalo, did so much in the community and he was a superstar on the ice. I also have no doubt that the Sabres wouldn't have missed the playoffs as much as they did since he left. #48 would have been in the rafters the day he retired. So again, yes I'm serious.

So in a moment of stupidity, you dump your hot girlfriend only to watch her immediatley hook up with your worst enemy, and now you root for your worst enemy because he's tapping her?

NFW. I'd rather root for the Pats* than the Flyers.

It's not like that at all. After the Flyers got smoked by the Sabres in the playoffs back in 2006, they hired Don Luce as director of player development from Buffalo and proceeded to model their team after those great Sabres post-lockout teams. The Flyers added skilled guys that were tough while the Sabres subtracted both skill and toughness. They'll lite you up on the scoreboard and they'll light you up physically.

The Flyers have the team I wish we did.

Edited by PTS

Shanny is retroactively giving Campbell a 10-game suspension for that hit.

Yeah, way to endear yourself to Sabres fans...bring up the slug.

Idiot. :lol:

:lol: In my nearly 40 years, honest to God, that was the ONLY time in my life I was truly thankful that I wasn't a fan of a Buffalo sports team 0:)

I don't mind the Flyers. The Sabres sucked this year and the Flyers have a playoff appearance. Good luck!

Thank you, brother! :thumbsup:

I should hat the Flyers but I always kinda respected them. My brother lives in Philly and I just like the way they play hockey. Briere is money and I love that they traded to slacker but highly skilled players and made their team better. Simmonds is the exact type of player the Sabres have missing for years. I also recently saw a HBO special on the Broad Street Bullies and absolutely loved them.

I've probably go to Sabres hell but I'd rather see a team like the Flyers win than Nashville, Florida, Phoenix, etc.

Okay, you're officially forgiven for the Kelly/McNabb thing B-)

Yes!!! Feel that Briere love...let it flow! Now say it with me...Giirrrrrrrouuuuuuuxxxxxxxx :devil:

:thumbsup:

I can't wait til rd 2!!!!

Seriously. He was already the most popular player on the team. If he stayed and remained a Sabre for the rest of his career, I have no doubt he would have been this generation's Perreault. He loved Buffalo, did so much in the community and he was a superstar on the ice. I also have no doubt that the Sabres wouldn't have missed the playoffs as much as they did since he left. #48 would have been in the rafters the day he retired. So again, yes I'm serious.

Fair enough. Maybe there's just not another player who really fits in the comparison, but everything with how Perreault was the first draft pick and the building block that the entire franchise was based on, that just can't be matched. I don't think anyone in this modern era of sports can ever be that kind of guy.

Fair enough. Maybe there's just not another player who really fits in the comparison, but everything with how Perreault was the first draft pick and the building block that the entire franchise was based on, that just can't be matched. I don't think anyone in this modern era of sports can ever be that kind of guy.

I completely agree with what you said. There is and will only be one #11 in Sabres history. I believe that Danny would have surpassed all others including LaFontaine. He was a generational player that was beloved and I still harbor ill feelings toward the organization because of it. I -- like many others -- want to move on but every time Danny lights it up in the playoffs, it's like a dagger to the back.

Though my wife is rooting for Briere (she's not from Buffalo, so she just doesn't understand), I'd rather poke my eye out with a #2 Ticonderoga than cheer for the Phlyers. :P