It is simple for Buffalo

Ask yourself a question. What do you as a informed fan think we need most with the 10th pick? Most of us would agree you either go WR or LT. Some would say OLB and CB. My take on those two positions is 1. The OLB from what I here is not one of the more important parts of Wannstedts d-fense. As for cornerback they got a very bad wrap due to the worst Dline in the league last year. And we all know that should not be a problem this year.

So for me it comes down to LT or WR. I lean towards WR. I remember last year at times just trying to figure out who exactly was left for Fitz to throw to towards the end of the year. When your best solution is a 50% Stevie and a healthy Brad Smith that sticks with you. We were also dire due to injuries at LT during times. However knowing you have a guy like Levitre who could swing out to LT with decent interior depth made me feel OK about it.

So I say Blackmon or Floyd at # 10.

Ask yourself a question. What do you as a informed fan think we need most with the 10th pick? Most of us would agree you either go WR or LT. Some would say OLB and CB. My take on those two positions is 1. The OLB from what I here is not one of the more important parts of Wannstedts d-fense. As for cornerback they got a very bad wrap due to the worst Dline in the league last year. And we all know that should not be a problem this year.

So for me it comes down to LT or WR. I lean towards WR. I remember last year at times just trying to figure out who exactly was left for Fitz to throw to towards the end of the year. When your best solution is a 50% Stevie and a healthy Brad Smith that sticks with you. We were also dire due to injuries at LT during times. However knowing you have a guy like Levitre who could swing out to LT with decent interior depth made me feel OK about it.

It doesn't matter whether the position is important or not. If there is a blue chip prospect available, you pick him. We definitely have a need at the LB position. Kucheley is right now the BPA at that point and you pick him. It is a deep draft for WR and we can get our 2nd WR in Rd 2 or 3 along with a LT (May be we get lucky and Martin is there when we pick or may be the Bills can wheel and deal their 4th rounders to get to the top of the 2nd where they can have a shot at Martin).

Levitre should be left at LG. He plays when he is lined up along with Wood.

Draft already. Screw you NFL! And the kid that made this song. But thanks to Richard (Dick) Cheese for doing this version.

Oh Kalil if he's there. Blackmon if he's there. Luck if he's there. Griffin 3 if he's there. Screw you NFL. I dont even care who the pick is because I'm positive he is going to contribute immediately and meke a difference. And after Thursday comes Friday.

Friday! FRIDAY! Gotta get down on Friday. Thanks to Jeremy White from GR for the name of the guy on this.

I want a ringtone from the 2:09 mark. Seriously. Gotta get down on FRIDAY!!!! Not Rebecca Black like but this guys version!!

Friday!

Friday!

FUN

FUN

Edited by beerme1

Draft already. Screw you NFL! And the kid that made this song. But thanks to Richard (Dick) Cheese for doing this version.

Oh Kalil if he's there. Blackmon if he's there. Luck if he's there. Griffin 3 if he's there. Screw you NFL. I dont even care who the pick is because I'm positive he is going to contribute immediately and meke a difference. And after Thursday comes Friday.

Friday! FRIDAY! Gotta get down on Friday. Thanks to Jeremy White from GR for the name of the guy on this.

I want a ringtone from the 2:09 mark. Seriously. Gotta get down on FRIDAY!!!! Not Rebecca Black like but this guys version!!

Friday!

Friday!

FUN

FUN

youtube.com/watch?v=xjpn5x8oDGc

Wtf? oh wait haha i get it... :beer:

It's simple if you love Floyd (Blackmon being available is very unlikely). Does chix love Floyd? Hard to say. The only thing that's simple is, selecting the best player on the board when we draft (unless it's a safety or interior OL IMO). I'd even take Richardson if he's there, although it would be painful to trade Fred or spiller (I wouldn't want to have all 3 when we could trade one and add a position of need).

If they don't like Floyd and Blackmon is gone, it's simple. Don't take Floyd. If they love him, draft him. What's not simple is reading buddy's mind.

There is nothing simple about taking a player with red flags at #10. Especially a WR who are prone to being nut jobs in the NFL. I see interviews of Floyd and I get a Andre "Bad Moon" Rison vibe.

Floyd didn't visit One Bills Drive which leads me to believe he's off their board.

1335348714[/url]' post='2445127']

There is nothing simple about taking a player with red flags at #10. Especially a WR who are prone to being nut jobs in the NFL. I see interviews of Floyd and I get a Andre "Bad Moon" Rison vibe.

Floyd didn't visit One Bills Drive which leads me to believe he's off their board.

If he turned out as good as Andre Rison was, it would be a fine pick. Bad attitude for sure, but one helluva player. Floyd doesn't seem to have a "bad attitude", he like booze. So did our 90s bills team.

If he turned out as good as Andre Rison was, it would be a fine pick. Bad attitude for sure, but one helluva player. Floyd doesn't seem to have a "bad attitude", he like booze. So did our 90s bills team.

True. But there was something off putting about Rison though. He had them crazy eyes...LOL

if OLB isn't that important in Wannstedt's defense why did Miami go out and sign Junior Seau?

regardless, ILB is important and one of the best, potentially, could be there for the taking. I agree that WR is important, but I don't think Floyd is going to be the pick, I could see Buffalo getting back in the 1st late and getting Wright or top of the 2nd getting Sanu. Personally, I'd rather get Josh Robinson at the top of the 2nd and see whats left in the 3rd, maybe combine the 4ths and 6th and get into the bottom of the 3rd too.

Simplicity is not going out and drafting a guy at a position that's already filled by two borderline pro bowlers (Byrd/Wilson). Simplicity would be OLB, WR, LT or CB. It's that simple (no pun intended).

Edited by bills1960

I can't see Blackmon making it to #10, so I vote for Floyd. Even if he did, I think I'd still rather have Floyd, strictly for size reasons.

WR isn't as much of a need as people here seem to think. We have Easley back who is a beast plus we signed a few others. We will get a tall speedy WR to stretch the field in the later rounds but our first couple of picks are going to be: OT, LB & QB not necessarily in that order.

WR isn't as much of a need as people here seem to think. We have Easley back who is a beast plus we signed a few others. We will get a tall speedy WR to stretch the field in the later rounds but our first couple of picks are going to be: OT, LB & QB not necessarily in that order.

:thumbdown:

Easley has not yet proven he can stay on the field. Suppose we do draft Floyd. Would a 3-WR set of Johnson, Floyd, and Easley be a bad thing?

Going into a season thinking that Easley is going to all the sudden turn into a beast (and stay healthy)

Vs.

Grabbing either Blackmon or Floyd and ensuring that you're addressing the postion

represents the difference between a winning mindset/attitute/mode of operation and what we have been doing for 12 years.

Levitre is NOT a fallback option at LT.....that much was proven last year.

Buddy & 2 scouts went to Notre Dame to interview hm and work him out. So a OBD visit wasn't necessary. At this point they know if they love him or not - the decision on Floyd has been made.

Now it's a question of whether he is available to us at #10, and who else is available to us (Kuchley, Tannehill, Kalil, CB's, Barron, Richardson etc) - they will all make the choice more difficult - and if 2-3 of these guys are available - a trade down scenario will present itself - THAT would be the best scenario!!

I pretty much agree with everything you just said. Well done. I am hearing Floyd is a very distinct possibility.

If nobody unexpectedly falls to 10 that we want I say find a dance partner and trade down. Then grab Cordy Glen in the late first / early 2nd. Then stock up and receivers, lbs, and tackles with the other 10 picks. Training camp should be a good battle this year. Survival of the fittest.

I come from the "take what's broke and fix it" school. That is left tackle and the best bet to fill it from this class (Kalil being gone, that is) is Riley Rieff...WR? Kendall Wright in the second looks like a good pick. Brian Quick from Appalachian in the third looks good as well.