Mort on chat right now. Already 2 Bills questions

nick (elk grove,ca): with the emergence of willis mcgahee what do you see the bills doing with travis henry?

SportsNation Chris Mortensen: (11:20 AM ET ) Henry's ankle injury and slow rehab may be diminishing his chances to get traded. The Bills aren't going to deal him unless they can get value. I think if they can get value (not a 1st rounder), then Henry will be traded.

Matt (Frederick, MD): Whether or not Buffalo makes the playoffs, they have put together a winning streak. Does JP Losman go in as the starter next year and the future, or do you see a competition?

SportsNation Chris Mortensen: (11:17 AM ET ) There's no way Losman goes in as the starter next year. Bledsoe is the leader of that team and they're on a roll - in fact, they've scored more points in a six-game stretch than any team in Buffalo history. I think they will accelerate Losman's learning process this off-season and get him ready to play if and when Bledsoe slips next year. It's very possible Losman won't be on the field until 2006, but there's a lot of games ahead next year that can change things,

And another one already

Jared ((Buffalo)): How long do you think that Tony Dungy will leave in his starters for this weekend's matchup againest Denver? Do you think the Jets will win agaianest the Rams?

SportsNation Chris Mortensen: (11:25 AM ET ) I do think the Jets will win. I think the Colts will play their starters a good stretch but I may be leaning toward Denver on a pick. That would not be good for the Bills, if that's where you're coming from. However, both games are "pick-ems."

haha its cool.

Interesting opinion here

Josh (Boston): Lots of talk about teams resting starters out there. A) Are there some coaches more likely to play all out this week, regrdless of what's on the line and B) What is your opinion on coaches resting starters?

SportsNation Chris Mortensen: (11:29 AM ET ) I think it's dangerous to rest starters too much. I do think that if a guy is banged up then it's wise to let him heal up by sitting him. I think the Colts and Falcons are the two teams most likely to "play to win." I do have a feeling the Steelers will play hard, even with Roethlisberger and Bettis likely out. My personal opinion: You can't play scared but if something happens in the course of a game where somebody vital is exposed to injury because the guys around him have lost their edge, then it's OK to put that somebody on the sidelines.

So Mort....rather than get a 2nd or 3rd rounder for Henry during this upcoming off-season, keep him around as a bench warmer to WM in 2005 and then get nothing for him as he becomes a UFA in 2006?  Brilliant!

183778[/snapback]

Is that a Guiness reference? ;)

So Mort....rather than get a 2nd or 3rd rounder for Henry during this upcoming off-season, keep him around as a bench warmer to WM in 2005 and then get nothing for him as he becomes a UFA in 2006?  Brilliant!

183778[/snapback]

He's a punk and I would cut him just to make an example out of him to the rest of the team. His attitude sucks, and with the Bills playing team ball right now, they need to just dump his ass on the street.

I know.... Brilliant move jackass!

haha its cool.

Interesting opinion here

Josh (Boston): Lots of talk about teams resting starters out there. A) Are there some coaches more likely to play all out this week, regrdless of what's on the line and B) What is your opinion on coaches resting starters?

SportsNation Chris Mortensen: (11:29 AM ET ) I think it's dangerous to rest starters too much. I do think that if a guy is banged up then it's wise to let him heal up by sitting him. I think the Colts and Falcons are the two teams most likely to "play to win." I do have a feeling the Steelers will play hard, even with Roethlisberger and Bettis likely out. My personal opinion: You can't play scared but if something happens in the course of a game where somebody vital is exposed to injury because the guys around him have lost their edge, then it's OK to put that somebody on the sidelines.

183784[/snapback]

I agree that someone not playing at 100 percent is much more likely to get hurt. Basically, if the Bills come out swinging, really hitting hard, some players might be like, hey, there is no need to put my body through this today. Cowher would be stupid not to pull them then. That means the same thing from the Colts though.

183778[/snapback]

Read it again, I don't think that's what he's saying. Course I could be wrong, it's happened before. My take was that the Bills wanted value for TH but didn't expect a 1st rounder.

He's a punk and I would cut him just to make an example out of him to the rest of the team.  His attitude sucks, and with the Bills playing team ball right now, they need to just dump his ass on the street.

183788[/snapback]

I disagree. If Henry was a cancer you'd have heard something about the "Bickering Bills" at least once. He's hurt, Willis has the starting job now, and that's that. Although not an elite back, he can step in and give your team 100 yards in a given game when called upon. He can be a cog in a winning football team, but maybe you don't win the Super Bowl with him. I respect Henry as a super tough runner who's taken some frightening shots in his career. Being Willis' backup might be the only way he's still in the league at age 30.

I disagree. If Henry was a cancer you'd have heard something about the "Bickering Bills" at least once. He's hurt, Willis has the starting job now, and that's that. Although not an elite back, he can step in and give your team 100 yards in a given game when called upon. He can be a cog in a winning football team, but maybe you don't win the Super Bowl with him. I respect Henry as a super tough runner who's taken some frightening shots in his career. Being Willis' backup might be the only way he's still in the league at age 30.

183889[/snapback]

Of course it's possible that BJH may have other knowledge that doesn't make the press. TH maybe playing it low publicly and the Bills wouldn't want to air it so it maybe staying just between TH, his mom, his agent and Bills management. Who knows maybe BJH is friends with a scout for an NFL team, and got the info there.

I am sure knowing BJH that the info probably comes from a fairly reliable source.

Of course it's possible that BJH may have other knowledge that doesn't make the press.  TH maybe playing it low publicly and the Bills wouldn't want to air it so it maybe staying just between TH, his mom, his agent and Bills management.  Who knows maybe BJH is friends with a scout for an NFL team, and got the info there. 

I am sure knowing BJH that the info probably comes from a fairly reliable source.

183910[/snapback]

Yes.....You, me, AD and SDS. ;)

Just kidding!!!!! :blink:

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He's a punk and I would cut him just to make an example out of him to the rest of the team.  His attitude sucks, and with the Bills playing team ball right now, they need to just dump his ass on the street.

I know.... Brilliant move jackass!

183788[/snapback]

Are you being sarcastic? TH is the consummate team player--he played his heart out last year on a broken leg for a 6-10 team. He's never made a stink about getting demoted--and he looks to be fully supportive of WM. How does his attitude stink?

Of course it's possible that BJH may have other knowledge that doesn't make the press.  TH maybe playing it low publicly and the Bills wouldn't want to air it so it maybe staying just between TH, his mom, his agent and Bills management.  Who knows maybe BJH is friends with a scout for an NFL team, and got the info there. 

183910[/snapback]

I have this friend of a friend who told me as much in an couple of emails. If it wasn't for the constant discrediting of "marginal fans" like myself, I might have posted what he's been telling me since October. Instead I just chime in in threads like this to give people somethig else to think about. One time I had a few beers after work and logged on, but even after a few I knew the peanut gallery would totally trash my friend's freind because I'm a "marginal fan" and they know more than I ever could.

Are you being sarcastic? TH is the consummate team player--he played his heart out last year on a broken leg for a 6-10 team. He's never made a stink about getting demoted--and he looks to be fully supportive of WM. How does his attitude stink?

183946[/snapback]

Case point.

Jared ((Buffalo)): How long do you think that Tony Dungy will leave in his starters for this weekend's matchup againest Denver? Do you think the Jets will win agaianest the Rams?

Johnny: Jared as you walk away from mile high on your quest for a subway sandwhich, by the time you get back the Colt starters will still be playing