PFT: Fred Jackson says 'contract not a concern'

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/23/fred-jackson-says-contract-not-a-concern-at-bills-workouts/

“It’s not a concern at all for me,” Jackson said, via Paul Hamilton of WGR 550 Radio. “I’m going to continue to show up and be with my teammates and that’s what I’m doing, showing up and trying to get ready for the 2012 season. I want something done, but I’m under contract so I’ll continue to work. It’s what I do, I come to work and it’s part of what’s being voted as a captain last year, you have to show up and do things like this, you want everybody to follow the lead that you do so that’s what I’m here doing now.”

I love that guy.

Didn't he say similar things when he was searching his previous contract when he was fighting for time with Lynch? Also didn't he have the exact oppositte tune either last year or the year before when CJ was named the starter? I recall Fred being extremely offended and not so polite.

I love the guy. Probably one of my favorite Bills of all time but seriously, I don't know if this is any more believable than Any GM talkig about who they think they are going to draft.

Didn't he say similar things when he was searching his previous contract when he was fighting for time with Lynch? Also didn't he have the exact oppositte tune either last year or the year before when CJ was named the starter? I recall Fred being extremely offended and not so polite.

I love the guy. Probably one of my favorite Bills of all time but seriously, I don't know if this is any more believable than Any GM talkig about who they think they are going to draft.

The MEDIA sang that tune. Freddy barely mentioned it. Did he hold out? Did he fake injury? Did he come in out of shape? Did he not practice/play hard?

Not sure what exactly he did that you are referencing...

The MEDIA sang that tune. Freddy barely mentioned it. Did he hold out? Did he fake injury? Did he come in out of shape? Did he not practice/play hard?

Not sure what exactly he did that you are referencing...

I can't prove it, find a link, ask a player, ask a reporter or anything else to show that this happened. But you already stated the MEDIA sang that tune. Where on earth would you rhino they got it from? Fred was an UDFA, Lynch and Spiller were both 1st round picks. It's extremely easy for anyone in the Bills FO to justify Either Lynch or Spuller being the starting RB and yet there was an issue when CJ got the start when he was drafted. When you take somebody in the top 10 in the draft you expect them to start immediately, no questions asked. The media got it's info from somewhere. This isn't exactly ESPN, it's wgr and local reporters that have/had ties I side the locker room.

I can't prove it, find a link, ask a player, ask a reporter or anything else to show that this happened. But you already stated the MEDIA sang that tune. Where on earth would you rhino they got it from? Fred was an UDFA, Lynch and Spiller were both 1st round picks. It's extremely easy for anyone in the Bills FO to justify Either Lynch or Spuller being the starting RB and yet there was an issue when CJ got the start when he was drafted. When you take somebody in the top 10 in the draft you expect them to start immediately, no questions asked. The media got it's info from somewhere. This isn't exactly ESPN, it's wgr and local reporters that have/had ties I side the locker room.

I believe this was the same week that they "benched" Levitre and had a backup start. I'm sure all they were doing was giving some promising young players a day or two with the "ones" but it got blown up to be that these guys were out of favor or something.

Here, I did your research for you. Here is the ONE quote, ONE, that the media ran with:

“I feel like a No. 1 back, and I should be treated like one,” Jackson said via the Buffalo News. “As far as what’s going on, you would have to ask them. I’m going to come out here and compete. I feel like I have been competing. I feel like I have done everything I can. It’s been like that for two or three years, and nothing has changed.”

Of course he would be frustrated about not starting (which he did end up doing), but he NEVER said anything impolite and certainly never held out or threatened the team.

You said he sang a different tune last year, but it looks like the same tune to me.

I’m going to come out here and compete. I feel like I have been competing. I feel like I have done everything I can.

I’m going to continue to show up and be with my teammates and that’s what I’m doing, showing up and trying to get ready for the 2012 season. I want something done, but I’m under contract so I’ll continue to work.

PFT? The same people that said Mario Williams left Buffalo are saying Freddie's not concerned with his contract?

:ph34r:

They're simply broadcasting something he said to Paul Hamilton to a wider audience.

PFT? The same people that said Mario Williams left Buffalo are saying Freddie's not concerned with his contract?

:ph34r:

They could very well be posting the story from last year's training camp regarding the starting RB...

Wouldnt put it past them.

Here, I did your research for you. Here is the ONE quote, ONE, that the media ran with:

Of course he would be frustrated about not starting (which he did end up doing), but he NEVER said anything impolite and certainly never held out or threatened the team.

You said he sang a different tune last year, but it looks like the same tune to me.

Um, in my initial post I stated how much I loved Freddy. I've been on record since most people here thought I was crazy for wanting Fred as the starter over ML. I've been a very big supporter of "one of my favorite Bills of all time". All I said was that I would trust these reports about as much as I believe NFL GMs telling us who they plan on drafting. I then pointed to factual evidence (thank you for providing), regardless of how serious you think or not, it is evidence that he was not pleased about the move. He clearly believed he was worthy of the number 1 and felt he should have been given the chance. I never said he would hold out btw. Or take a Jason Peters type approach to the situation. I believe FJ is a true professional and holds himself that way. I wouldn't expect anything less of him. He is a team captain for a reason. He is where he is because he holds himself this way. But don't think for one minute he didn't get offended or upset when CJ was drafted let alone given the starter position after just a few pre-season games. He's human.

Not for nothing, but why are Chad Rinehart and Kraig Urbik not signed yet? I know the RFA period is up. So, when do they sign?

The other Buffalo UFAs that remained unsigned are Reggie Corner, Andra Davis, Reggie Torbor. I won't mention the kicker Dave Rayner. :ph34r:

Not for nothing, but why are Chad Rinehart and Kraig Urbik not signed yet? I know the RFA period is up. So, when do they sign?

The other Buffalo UFAs that remained unsigned are Reggie Corner, Andra Davis, Reggie Torbor. I won't mention the kicker Dave Rayner. :ph34r:

Literally, 1 hour ago. Theyre both done.

THAT is a professional. Jason Peters, take notes.

Thank you!

Peters take notes, and McGahee too!

Gotta love the guy. Wears his heart on his sleeve and bleeds his passion on the field.

Go Freddy J!