Who not to draft at 10??

JPS

Mark Barron, S, or Trent Richardson, HB.

These would piss me off. BPA is fine. BPA who also happens to fill a need is great. BPA at a position you dont need is kinda stupid.

Any running back in the first round, ever, is very stupid, unless you are 1 player away from a super bowl.

I wouldnt hate barron. I think he is going to be a great player but It would surprise me

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If there's 8 players of similar appeal, maybe a trade down could happen if someone gets the itch to move up. I even forgot about Ingram, who I would be happy with. Seems like 2nd tier QBs, CBs and OTs irk people.

I don't want any LT not named Kalil. After him there are no sure fire starters at LT in this draft!

Chris Hairston was drafted in the 4th round last year. He was called upon to start against the Giants, Patriots, Eagles, Titans, Chargers, Dolphins, & Jets. In that period he only gave up 4 sacks and 3 penalties. I'd say thats not bad for year 1 and he gained some valuable experience. If a guy can't be trusted as a starter after a pretty good year because he was drafted in round 4 then what is the point of drafting anything after round 3.

Cordy Glenn is a guard in the NFL. His lateral movement is not that great. He is an absolute beast against the run. I've watched some of his tape on Youtube and he is bruiser in the run game. Georgia is a run first offense though. When they got behind in games this past season and were forced to throw it in the 4th quarter i believe that Glenn got exposed. He gave up some huge sacks against Boise State late. He also gave up the game winning sack/fumble against South Carolina. He is not a 10th overall draft pick!

Riley Reiff is a RT. The proof is in Brian Bulaga.

We need depth at Left Tackle. We don't need a starter.

I don't want any LT not named Kalil. After him there are no sure fire starters at LT in this draft!

Chris Hairston was drafted in the 4th round last year. He was called upon to start against the Giants, Patriots, Eagles, Titans, Chargers, Dolphins, & Jets. In that period he only gave up 4 sacks and 3 penalties. I'd say thats not bad for year 1 and he gained some valuable experience. If a guy can't be trusted as a starter after a pretty good year because he was drafted in round 4 then what is the point of drafting anything after round 3.

Cordy Glenn is a guard in the NFL. His lateral movement is not that great. He is an absolute beast against the run. I've watched some of his tape on Youtube and he is bruiser in the run game. Georgia is a run first offense though. When they got behind in games this past season and were forced to throw it in the 4th quarter i believe that Glenn got exposed. He gave up some huge sacks against Boise State late. He also gave up the game winning sack/fumble against South Carolina. He is not a 10th overall draft pick!

Riley Reiff is a RT. The proof is in Brian Bulaga.

We need depth at Left Tackle. We don't need a starter.

Or Chad Clifton :oops:

KOK, I've got the rosary out! :D

:lol:

I can always put in a call to my Mom Bro...She has a direct line to the big-guy upstairs...She's one with the beads...Couldn't hurt right? ;)

Seriously though...I think Kuechly is a definite possibility...I think Mayock may have him going to The Bills at #10 in his final Mock...He hinted to that point last night on "Path To The Draft." Mayock said Kuechly is a nice fit for Wanny's Defensive scheme...Now, I know Kuechly is not a lights-out type player...But I think he's 100 times the player Poz was coming out, especially in coverage...Mayock says Kuechly is literally the best, and most instinctive, zone coverage LB he's EVER Scouted coming out...He said EVER! His tackle numbers are amazing...I know the concern is, like Poz, most of those tackles come 7 yards deep...But no matter how you look at it, he had 160 more tackles than Poz in College...That's like a whole Season of tackles more!

Not only would Kuechly start at OLB ahead of Morrison, but he would stay on the field in Nickle...So that's a 3-down LB...I'm not saying I would not prefer another player at #10...I do worry that Kuechly is not physical enough, and that he's going to swallowed up...But I would not mind the pick either...It's just one of those picks that may not excite, but may fill a BIG need...I don't know...I don't think he's going to be the pick anyway...But I'm not against it if he is either...And I do think he's way better than Poz... B-)

Any corner at all in round 1, including Claiborne, would be stupid, and set back the franchise yet again. How long must we throw away draft picks like this? Want to know what is wrong with the Jets? They pay their corners SO much that they had to extend Sanchez for cap relief. How is that working?

Or, should we bring in a corner for 1 contract and let him walk? How has this worked for us?

We just used an early #2 on a corner last year. Enough is enough.

1334849437[/url]' post='2440780']

Any corner at all in round 1, including Claiborne, would be stupid, and set back the franchise yet again. How long must we throw away draft picks like this? Want to know what is wrong with the Jets? They pay their corners SO much that they had to extend Sanchez for cap relief. How is that working?

Or, should we bring in a corner for 1 contract and let him walk? How has this worked for us?

If a CB is the BPA on chixs list, take him. Last year our CB play was atrocious. Sure, our pass rush was a major reason it played so poorly, but even with a pass rush, our CBs lacked the instincts to make plays on the ball. Countless times, they were in position to make a play on the ball, but we're absolutely clueless as to where the ball was. They didn't even know the ball was in the air 90% of the time (so it seemed). Planning for the future, I see us having 2 CB. Williams as a potential #1, but more likely a good #2. Rogers looks like a nickel back IMO. I'd bet this is mckelvins last year as is McGees. Florence's play regressed last year. I see us having a hole at cb after this season and if they think Gilmore or Kirkpatrick can be #1s, by all means, select one.

:lol:

I can always put in a call to my Mom Bro...She has a direct line to the big-guy upstairs...She's one with the beads...Couldn't hurt right? ;)

Seriously though...I think Kuechly is a definite possibility...I think Mayock may have him going to The Bills at #10 in his final Mock...He hinted to that point last night on "Path To The Draft." Mayock said Kuechly is a nice fit for Wanny's Defensive scheme...Now, I know Kuechly is not a lights-out type player...But I think he's 100 times the player Poz was coming out, especially in coverage...Mayock says Kuechly is literally the best, and most instinctive, zone coverage LB he's EVER Scouted coming out...He said EVER! His tackle numbers are amazing...I know the concern is, like Poz, most of those tackles come 7 yards deep...But no matter how you look at it, he had 160 more tackles than Poz in College...That's like a whole Season of tackles more!

Not only would Kuechly start at OLB ahead of Morrison, but he would stay on the field in Nickle...So that's a 3-down LB...I'm not saying I would not prefer another player at #10...I do worry that Kuechly is not physical enough, and that he's going to swallowed up...But I would not mind the pick either...It's just one of those picks that may not excite, but may fill a BIG need...I don't know...I don't think he's going to be the pick anyway...But I'm not against it if he is either...And I do think he's way better than Poz... B-)

That is a very depressing post., KOK... I shall have to pray harder lol.

We have 10 picks in the draft. 5 in the top-125. Last year, that was enough for Nix/Whaley to find a handful of starters.

There is more to the draft than the 1st round. I know you know this.

We need 2 corners this year! I don't see how people don't see that.. The picks id be pissed about are basically like everyone elses, no oline inless kahlil falls which wont happen.. I guess I wouldnt be pissed about decastro as I think hes the safest pick in the draft. But I always don't wanna see a corner FIRST pick. I think it's came down to floyd/blackmon/ueckly/cox/ingram I don't see anybody else being worth the 10th pick

Yeah, what he said...

That is a very depressing post., KOK... I shall have to pray harder lol.

Sorry Bro!!! :oops:

If it makes you feel any better I'd rather have Floyd, Gilmore, or Glenn...But I would not be surprised at all, or terribly bummed, if it was Kuechly...We'll see though...I'll throw in a prayer for ya...just because you're you Bro... ;)

Sorry Bro!!! :oops:

If it makes you feel any better I'd rather have Floyd, Gilmore, or Glenn...But I would not be surprised at all, or terribly bummed, if it was Kuechly...We'll see though...I'll throw in a prayer for ya...just because you're you Bro... ;)

Bless you KOK... as always, I will give any new Bill not named Drew a fighting chance. But if I see him chasing behind the Pats TEs like Pos & Lil Donte, I will be none-too-pleased. :thumbdown:

So with Mcgee and Flo over the hill or close and Leodis McKelvin a free agent next year who do we play at corner in 13, 3 rookies?

Jim, Leodis was a first round pick. Williams was an early second. So was Byrd. Devoting the bulk of a teams early draft choices to the secondary is a recipe for losing. The Bills have proven this beyond any reasonable dispute.

The job of a DB on the Buffalo Bills has become MUCH easier. Dareus might be great. Mario is great. Kyle might be back and we signed Anderson. The pressure they will provide will take time away from opposing quarterbacks, providing they stay healthy. I see no reason to waste yet more first round resouces in this direction.

This draft is a strange one for the Bills, this I admit. I read on this board (no link) that even old fashioned Buddy said that he would be willing to trade down. We could do this and pick up another pick, AND Donta Hightower, who could make it virtually impossible for teams to run against us. This would help in our winter home games, no? Or, we could draft a blocker who could help our offense in the elements. As much as I HATE the idea of drafting running backs at #10, I would rather grab Trent Richardson than any corner. He will enter the NFL as a better player than FJ, or especially Spiller.

I don't want the Bills to keep making the same stupid mistakes. I see them as having a real chance to improve. A corner at #10 would derail the progress we have made in free agency. I have seen this before, and so have you.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jim, Leodis was a first round pick. Williams was an early second. So was Byrd. Devoting the bulk of a teams early draft choices to the secondary is a recipe for losing. The Bills have proven this beyond any reasonable dispute.

The job of a DB on the Buffalo Bills has become MUCH easier. Dareus might be great. Mario is great. Kyle might be back and we signed Anderson. The pressure they will provide will take time away from opposing quarterbacks, providing they stay healthy. I see no reason to waste yet more first round resouces in this direction.

This draft is a strange one for the Bills, this I admit. I read on this board (no link) that even old fashioned Buddy said that he would be willing to trade down. We could do this and pick up another pick, AND Donta Hightower, who could make it virtually impossible for teams to run against us. This would help in our winter home games, no? Or, we could draft a blocker who could help our offense in the elements. As much as I HATE the idea of drafting running backs at #10, I would rather grab Trent Richardson than any corner. He will enter the NFL as a better player than FJ, or especially Spiller.

I don't want the Bills to keep making the same stupid mistakes. I see them as having a real chance to improve. A corner at #10 would derail the progress we have made in free agency. I have seen this before, and so have you.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Giants arguably had the best DL in the league last year, yet were mired in a mid season slump when their DBs started falling like flies. In fact, if their CB doesn't come up with a huge INT against Fitzpatrick, they don't even make the playoffs.

Like it or not, CB is a major need for the Bills this year, and a CB will be one of the top picks again.

Giants arguably had the best DL in the league last year, yet were mired in a mid season slump when their DBs started falling like flies. In fact, if their CB doesn't come up with a huge INT against Fitzpatrick, they don't even make the playoffs.

Like it or not, CB is a major need for the Bills this year, and a CB will be one of the top picks again.

I have no issue with a corner in round 3 or so. Again, the position will be easier to play. This would seem to be a given. But, devoting a teams best resources to the secondary is a proven (by the Bills) recipe for losing football games year after year. This too is a given.

And btw, Barron is a better football player than Kirkpatrick imo. He, as a rookie, will be better than Byrd in pass defense, and 10x better against the run. Jmo.