Who not to draft at 10??

JPS

Jim, Leodis was a first round pick. Williams was an early second. So was Byrd. Devoting the bulk of a teams early draft choices to the secondary is a recipe for losing. The Bills have proven this beyond any reasonable dispute.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are early picks all over the field now.

Marcel Dareus was #3 overall. Mario Williams was #1 overall. Kelsay was going to be a 1st Rounder, we grabbed him in the early 2nd. Nick Barnett was a 1st Rounder. Merriman was a 1st Rounder. And I guess we wont count Kyle Williams since he was a 5th Round pick, but the talent is there.

Wood was a 1st round pick. Levitre was a 2nd. Urbik a 3rd. Hairston a 4th. The rest of the O prides itself on being talent that was passed over (SJ, Freddie, Fitz, Nelson, etc).

The string of DBs drafted by past regimes, and the failure of those regimes, have nothing to do with the team that Nix and Whaley is currently building. They have NOT devoted the bulk of any picks on DBs. If they decide to pick a CB in the 1st, so be it. The good news is, these guys can also find talent AFTER the 1st round too.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There are early picks all over the field now.

Marcel Dareus was #3 overall. Mario Williams was #1 overall. Kelsay was going to be a 1st Rounder, we grabbed him in the early 2nd. Nick Barnett was a 1st Rounder. Merriman was a 1st Rounder. And I guess we wont count Kyle Williams since he was a 5th Round pick, but the talent is there.

Wood was a 1st round pick. Levitre was a 2nd. Urbik a 3rd. Hairston a 4th. The rest of the O prides itself on being talent that was passed over (SJ, Freddie, Fitz, Nelson, etc).

The string of DBs drafted by past regimes, and the failure of those regimes, have nothing to do with the team that Nix and Whaley is currently building. They have NOT devoted the bulk of any picks on DBs. If they decide to pick a CB in the 1st, so be it. The good news is, these guys can also find talent AFTER the 1st round too.

Kelsay is a less than average DE. Merriman is a low percentage abstraction. If they cut both of them, I would be fine. Barnett is our only legit LB imo. I will stick with my premise that a corner at #10 is would be an ongoing picture of stupidity ala Levy/Jauron. And if the new regime can find talent after round 1 as you say, perhaps this would be a good time to look for a corner, no?

Bill what LT projected to be there at 10 do you think is worthy being drafted that high? Seems like a lot of people myself included don't have a problem with LT but don't want to reach with the pick. Biggest mistake bills have made on draft say is reaching for need/scheme more than anything else.

1334880589[/url]' post='2441325']

Kelsay is a less than average DE. Merriman is a low percentage abstraction. If they cut both of them, I would be fine. Barnett is our only legit LB imo. I will stick with my premise that a corner at #10 is would be an ongoing picture of stupidity ala Levy/Jauron. And if the new regime can find talent after round 1 as you say, perhaps this would be a good time to look for a corner, no?

If a cb is the best player on their board, they should select him.

1334885930[/url]' post='2441374']

Bill what LT projected to be there at 10 do you think is worthy being drafted that high? Seems like a lot of people myself included don't have a problem with LT but don't want to reach with the pick. Biggest mistake bills have made on draft say is reaching for need/scheme more than anything else.

What joe said

So with Mcgee and Flo over the hill or close and Leodis McKelvin a free agent next year who do we play at corner in 13, 3 rookies?

1 rookie, 2 second year players drafted after 2nd round, Wms and McKelvin. Yeah...I said it. Leodis f'n McKelvin.