Would Fletcher Cox be a good pick?

PIZ

I really like Kuechly.....I think he would be a great player for my son to watch and learn from, but what if Kyle Williams isn't healthy this year? Not having another good DT would offset having Mario Williams. Maybe someone like Fletcher Cox would be a better option? He is versatile too.....can play DT and DE....and play them well. It would be terrible for the defense if Kyle couldn't stay on the field, and they had to rely on someone like Heard or Troup to come in.

Fletcher Cox is a BEAST.

What if the Bills pick him and walking up to the stage he falls off and breaks his leg? What if Williams does come back as good as two years ago? Then you used the #10 pick on a backup.

Yes, anything could happen. I hope he is 100%, because I would love Kuechly. I'm sure the Bills know more about Kyle's injury/surgery than any of us know. But if they feel they need a starting DT, would Fletcher Cox "fill the Bill"?

Yes, anything could happen. I hope he is 100%, because I would love Kuechly. I'm sure the Bills know more about Kyle's injury/surgery than any of us know. But if they feel they need a starting DT, would Fletcher Cox "fill the Bill"?

:rolleyes:

I really like Kuechly.....I think he would be a great player for my son to watch and learn from, but what if Kyle Williams isn't healthy this year? Not having another good DT would offset having Mario Williams. Maybe someone like Fletcher Cox would be a better option? He is versatile too.....can play DT and DE....and play them well. It would be terrible for the defense if Kyle couldn't stay on the field, and they had to rely on someone like Heard or Troup to come in.

Fletcher Cox is a BEAST.

I've been thinking about this a lot lately. Not an obvious position of need. But a defense that dominates the middle of the line will control most games. And imagine having KW, Dareus and Cox in a rotation. They'd all be fresh in the 4th quarter. Plus, as you say, we would be insulated from injury at that position. Right now if KW or Dareus goes down the defense is dramatically worse (huge drop-off to Heard or Troup).

I would be be happy to draft Cox as BPA, though he's not my first choice.

Edited by Last Guy on the Bench

I've been thinking about this a lot lately. Not an obvious position of need. But a defense that dominate the middle of the line will control most games. And imagine having KW, Dareus and Cox in a rotation. They'd all be fresh in the 4th quarter. Plus, as you say, we would be insulated from injury at that position. Right now if KW or Dareus goes down the defense is dramatically worse (huge drop-off to Heard or Troup.

I would be be happy to draft Cox as BPA, though he's not my first choice.

......and Fletcher Cox can play anywhere on the D-LINE, keeping everyone fresh.

Fletcher Cox is a BEAST.

I'd be surprised if he dropped to 10... Seriously...

Fletcher Cox is a BEAST.

Obviously if there is any doubt at all about Williams, Cox, Poe or Brockers will be in play at 10. But even if K Williams is able to contribute from game one Cox is still a great idea. The Giants proved how a great D line can make you a title contender. The key to a great pass rush is having good pass rushers who you can bring in waves. You can have London Fletcher type backers and Drayton Florence type corners if you can get enough pressure from your front four.

I've looong been a fan of Fletcher Cox. Always seems weird when the Giants load up on the D-line or when the Steelers draft ANOTHER linebacker, but look at their success.

I'm all for bolstering a perceived strength and I'm all for Cox.

I've looong been a fan of Fletcher Cox. Always seems weird when the Giants load up on the D-line or when the Steelers draft ANOTHER linebacker, but look at their success.

I'm all for bolstering a perceived strength and I'm all for Cox.

Exactly. Next Man Up is the motto in the NFL in case of injuries or someone isn't cutting it.

Nothing wrong with bringing em in waves on the inside too.

While he's never been on my radar, I'd be happy with Cox as a bill. I think he's going to be a very good/great player. Sure, we have Williams and Dareus inside, but adding him would allow both of those guys to (hopefully) remain healthy and keep them fresh. Cox can play 4-3 DE end on running downs and possibly be the starter there for the future. Anderson, IMO, is a situational guy. He doesn't play the run well and would be best used as a pass rusher. I think keeping him fresh would Improve his productivity and maximize our pass rush. While cox wouldn't fill the void at Wr, Lt or LB, he is most likely going to be the Bpa (if he's even available).

Fletcher Cox is a great pick and may be BPA at 10. Problem is, teams have more than one position to stock every year and BPA is a luxury for teams with as many needs.

Well, unless you want another RB in a league predicated on passing the ball. ;)

Interesting. I was just thinking about posting a topic on "Will the Bills surprise and do something unexpected?" Given so many questions about the players of need who are expected to be there at 10, do they go with the BPA at any position?

Thank God it's almost here!

Would love if Bills took him but don't think he lasts to #10. He's the faster, stronger, blue-collar version of Fairley. Watched 3-4 games of all his plays on Youtube. The guy lives in the backfield and was lined up at both end and tackle. Start him at DE and move him inside on passing downs.

My two cents...I would be surprised that Kyle will not be ready to play when the season starts. The reason I think this that Mario spent a lot of time with him before he signed and I do not think Mario would have signed if he would not be healthy.