Should we take anything into account that....

We haven't had Michael Floyd in for a pre-draft visit and weren't at the Notre Dame pro day. Does that mean we aren't interested in him?

I would be disappointed if the Bills aren't even considering Floyd since to me he seems like a perfect fit.

Is it true that the Bills weren't in attendance at Notre Dame's Pro Day? I haven't heard one way or the other, so I'm curious where you got that info.

Not saying you're wrong, but I'd find it hard to believe there weren't at least scouts there, if Buddy himself wasn't. OTOH, I remember Chan said something last year about thinking the pro days were a waste of time and he'd rather watch tape from the games or something like that. So maybe the org as a whole doesn't think they are that important if they really didn't send anyone at all.

I'm sure they talked to Floyd at the combine, so maybe they were satisfied with that.

Also, individual visits are still going on- he just may not have been here yet.

I guess all I'm trying to say is we probably can't or shouldn't read too much into the pre-draft activities. And I really hope the Bills get Floyd.

I'm sure that in the last few drafts a few of our picks said they were surprised that the Bills drafted them as they hadn't shown any interest. However I don't know if they would do that with a first round pick.

Edited by dailar

I'm sure that in the last few drafts a few of our picks said they were surprised that the Bills drafted them as they hadn't shown any interest. However I don't know if they would do that with a first round pick.

We will see on nix but pre-spiller we had a run where our first were only talked to at the combine and even that was brief.

We haven't had Michael Floyd in for a pre-draft visit and weren't at the Notre Dame pro day. Does that mean we aren't interested in him?

That is a very good point and I do not think the Spiller comparison applies. Spiller was squeeky clean. Floyd has a problematic history and would require a substantial vetting prior to his being drafted.

Considering that the Bills had Spiller in for a visit in 2010 and Dareus in for a visit in 2011, then odds are that Floyd is completely off their draft board if they don't bring him in.

It would be crazy stupid for the Bills not to bring in a potentially high draft prospect with known character issues for an extended visit, then draft him at #10 overall. That simply will not happen.

So the Floyd people had better start hoping that the Bills at least bring him in for a visit in the next couple of weeks.

Edited by 1billsfan

Considering that the Bills had Spiller in for a visit in 2010 and Dareus in for a visit in 2011, then odds are that Floyd is completely off their draft board if they don't bring him in.

It would be crazy stupid for the Bills not to bring in a potentially high draft prospect with known character issues for an extended visit, then draft him at #10 overall. That simply will not happen.

So the Floyd people had better start hoping that the Bills at least bring him in for a visit in the next couple of weeks.

Or they have a trusted friend on the ND staff, or they did their hw with the traveling scout the last two years or.... Yes maybe everything they've done came back horrible so they pulled him.

A short predraft visit only does so much. Most of this vetting is done in different ways I'm sure..

As 1bills fan noted, not only did we bring Dareus and Spiller in for a visit...we also brought in Troup, Shephard and Aaron Williams as well.

I would say its very likely that if Floyd doesnt visit, the Bills have him off their board. Probably because of the alcohol concerns.

FWIW,

And a host of teams picking early want one-on-one time with Floyd before the draft.

Appearing on Sirius NFL Radio with Alex Marvez and Gil Brandt on Sunday, Floyd revealed that he’s already visited the Browns and Panthers. He worked out for the Philadelphia Eagles this past week, and will visit the Titans, Rams, and Jets during the coming week. The Cardinals, Dolphins, 49ers, and Vikings will host Floyd during the following week.

That’s ten teams, eight of which draft in the top 16 picks. Five pick in the top ten.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/08/top-ten-buzz-builds-as-floyd-lines-up-several-pre-draft-visits/

Yeah and if we pass on him it will just be another player in a long line of players that we've past on before that just destroys us when we play them. It's time to put past character issues aside and focus on his on field productivity

I think it's telling. I don't think Nix is going to draft a guy he hasn't interviewed. Doesn't seem to be his style.

Does anyone have an up to date list of guys who have been to OBD? It seems like in the Nix drafts, the guys he picks usually roll into Buffalo this week.

Here ya go!

http://profootballta...orkout-tracker/

Buffalo Bills

Ohio State offensive tackle Mike Adams (4/4).

Oklahoma State receiver Justin Blackmon (4/?).

Clemson defensive end Andre Branch (3/29).

TCU linebacker Tank Carder (4/2).

Michigan State quarterback Kirk Cousins (3/31).

Georgia tackle/guard Cordy Glenn (3/?).

Syracuse defensive end Chandler Jones (4/4).

West Virginia linebacker Bruce Irvin (?/?).

USC offensive tackle Matt Kalil (4/5).

Alabama cornerback Dre Kirkpatrick (4/5).

Stanford offensive tackle Jonathan Martin (?/?).

Arizona State quarterback Brock Osweiler (4/?).

Alabama running back Trent Richardson (4/4).

Wisconsin quarterback Russell Wilson (4/4).

Edited by BillsGuyBackInMalta