If Floyd is the pick at 10...

The reason I've had trouble fully getting behind the idea to take Floyd at 10, despite the fact that he's supposed to be as good as Blackmon on tape, is the depth at the WR class this year. What happens if WRs are the BPAs in the second or third round? Do you stock up on WRs? Reach for a player with lower value? ::shrug::

I agree. I say trade down IF we can. If not - I'm not opposed to Floyd but there is alot of depth like you said. I honestly think Hairston will progress alot this season and Riley Reiff won't be an instant starter. I can see Floyd being the pick, though... because he will start right away on the outside most likely and thats what Nix/Gailey wants. On top of that - Reiff is from Iowa. Almost EVERY player Nix drafts is from the south.

Edited by Frostbelt City

Floyd is the bestWR option we can go. Honestly him Blackmon wright and hill will be gone in the first, and I'm sure Jeffery and sanu will be gone in the third. So can we really afford to wait for one? I don't like that idea. What if we get stuck with someone else not in the 2nd tier league? We need a true no.2 not a development receiver. If Floyds there I say take him so we don't end up sorry with some no name WR

Floyd is the bestWR option we can go. Honestly him Blackmon wright and hill will be gone in the first, and I'm sure Jeffery and sanu will be gone in the third. So can we really afford to wait for one? I don't like that idea. What if we get stuck with someone else not in the 2nd tier league? We need a true no.2 not a development receiver. If Floyds there I say take him so we don't end up sorry with some no name WR

Agreed. Floyd is supposed to be alot like Kenny Britt which would be incredible. Britt is very good when healthy.

I still think we go with Floyd at #10. Reiff, talented as he his, will not start right away at LT and we need our 1st-rounder to contribute immediately, if not sooner.

Edited by jjmac

Didn't people think receiver was deep the year we drafted Hardy? That class was filled with busts. What drives me crazy about the people who kill Fitz is they don't take onto account who he is throwing to. Our highest drafted receiver is a 7th rounder!!! What the hell do people expect?

Floyd played with crappy qbs. He is a big reeason why awful jimmy Clausen was a 2nd round pick. He is very similar to Vincent Jackson but much cheaper. Fitz needs more legit weapons. Floyd would be huge for this offense.

Didn't people think receiver was deep the year we drafted Hardy? That class was filled with busts. What drives me crazy about the people who kill Fitz is they don't take onto account who he is throwing to. Our highest drafted receiver is a 7th rounder!!! What the hell do people expect?

Floyd played with crappy qbs. He is a big reeason why awful jimmy Clausen was a 2nd round pick. He is very similar to Vincent Jackson but much cheaper. Fitz needs more legit weapons. Floyd would be huge for this offense.

Though a late round pick, Stevie has turned into one of the better WR's in the NFL. Nelson is decent for what it's worth. Would love to get Blackmon, but Floyd would be great as well.

P.S. - Golden Tate had a hand in making Clausen look good also, not to mention Kyle Rudolph. :thumbsup:

Edited by H2o

I hear you, but don't let Fitz off that easy. He can be very inaccurate. Those 7th rd WR's and UDFA's are open some times too and he doesn't hit them. I like Fitz a lot, but it's a two way street.

Agreed. Floyd is supposed to be alot like Kenny Britt which would be incredible. Britt is very good when healthy.

I just hope he doesn't "keep it real" like Kenny Britt does. That being said, all the reports are that he had quite the personal transformation in his last year at ND. Am I the only one who doesn't like his 10 YPC last year? I know that's nitpicking, especially since I only saw about 2-3 ND games last year. I know he ran a lot better than expected at the combine, but a 10 YPC seems to suggest he's not the big play receiver that everyone is making him out to. I'm not saying he's not, I'm just asking the question since I didn't see that much of him in college.

I just hope he doesn't "keep it real" like Kenny Britt does. That being said, all the reports are that he had quite the personal transformation in his last year at ND. Am I the only one who doesn't like his 10 YPC last year? I know that's nitpicking, especially since I only saw about 2-3 ND games last year. I know he ran a lot better than expected at the combine, but a 10 YPC seems to suggest he's not the big play receiver that everyone is making him out to. I'm not saying he's not, I'm just asking the question since I didn't see that much of him in college.

I've watched every ND game for God knows how long. Floyd's YPC were because of the offense that Kelly runs, the QB options they had in Rees, Crist, and Hendrix, and because of the blanket coverages he received being the only viable threat on the ND offense besides Tyler Eiffert. He is SURELY a playmaker @ the WR position and better than that average, trust me. Watch some videos and look at the entire body of work @ ND.

I hear you, but don't let Fitz off that easy. He can be very inaccurate. Those 7th rd WR's and UDFA's are open some times too and he doesn't hit them. I like Fitz a lot, but it's a two way street.

No doubt. But there were some deep balls he threw to Donald Jones that I have no doubt Floyd comes down with. Obviously, NFL teams miss with picks all the time. But there is a big difference in talent level between Floyd and an UDFA from Youngstown State.

Yep and sometimes Fitz hits those wr's right in the hands and they pop the ball up for interceptions......

Just sayin

I have been trying to talk myself out of liking Floyd at 10.....but the fact is......he WOULD be a very good selection at 10.

Yep and sometimes Fitz hits those wr's right in the hands and they pop the ball up for interceptions......

Just sayin

I have been trying to talk myself out of liking Floyd at 10.....but the fact is......he WOULD be a very good selection at 10.

Welcome to the dark side John.

I agree. The BPA could always be a WR in this draft. I'd take a day one starter in as many rounds as possible. That gives me a LB in round 1 (none of the OT's will start) or Ingram, who is now listed as the top OLB available.

I agree. The BPA could always be a WR in this draft. I'd take a day one starter in as many rounds as possible. That gives me a LB in round 1 (none of the OT's will start) or Ingram, who is now listed as the top OLB available. Then take Randell in round 2 or Streeter later in the draft. I also would not rule out taking the safety from Alabama with our top pick. He is an Ed Reed type player, who, with Byrd, would form an amazing combo.

I still think we go with Floyd at #10. Reiff, talented as he his, will not start right away at LT and we need our 1st-rounder to contribute immediately, if not sooner.

If he plays in buffalo he will start, Reiff is a better player than hairston...I still don't think he's worth 10th overall.

Ok, I'm likeing Floyd more and more. Would I like to see an elite CB or LT get drafted? Sure. But apart from Rieff, who wouldn't be a starter from the go I don't see many better players by pick ten.

Considering that our line did decent even without Bell I can wait until round 2 to take a LT.

The reason I've had trouble fully getting behind the idea to take Floyd at 10, despite the fact that he's supposed to be as good as Blackmon on tape, is the depth at the WR class this year. What happens if WRs are the BPAs in the second or third round? Do you stock up on WRs? Reach for a player with lower value? ::shrug::

O have to say that's a tough one. I cannot really make up my mind between WR and OT for #1 pick, much less which WR to take.

Best WR then OT #2

or

best OT then WR #2

???

If he plays in buffalo he will start, Reiff is a better player than hairston...I still don't think he's worth 10th overall.

Whether or not he is a better player than Hairston remains to be seen. Hairston has actual exprerience at the NFL level that Reiff does not as of yet. To say he has more upside or potential I can live with.