Alshon Jeffery = James Hardy???

Can someone enlighten me on how hardy became a bust? what went wrong? if i recall correctly, he barely played at all. I assumed it was injury related but did he gain weight or something?

It seems that James Hardy at Indiana U never really had to run routes. At 6 foot 6, he would just run down the field and catch the ball over shorter defenders. In the NFL, that lack of route-running experience held him back quite severely.

That's the nutshell impression I got from the James Hardy tenure with the Bills.

Can someone enlighten me on how hardy became a bust? what went wrong? if i recall correctly, he barely played at all. I assumed it was injury related but did he gain weight or something?

hardy was open a lot, trent and jp just sucked at qb and then he also developed chronic hamstring problems

hardy was open a lot, trent and jp just sucked at qb and then he also developed chronic hamstring problems

Yes, that was exactly the problem with Hardy. :wallbash:

PS - Bowen's writeup projects Jeffrey to maybe reach the potential of being the next David Nelson?

Edited by GG

When I heard about him pulling a gun on his own father (link), I knew the guy was going to have an uphill battle making it in the NFL.

In the NFL, I think it's important for the WR to understand defenses and be where he is supposed to be when he's supposed to be there. Hardy could do the jump ball, but not the rest. If that's all Jeffrey can do, he's useless. I'd rather have Juron Criner or Marvin McNutt. Again....IF he's actually like Hardy. That is just one guy's opinion.

When I heard about him pulling a gun on his own father (link), I knew the guy was going to have an uphill battle making it in the NFL.

He never pulled the gun on his dad. We don't need to re-hash all those threads.

Then why didn't Hardy do better elsewhere? I believe he went to the Ravens briefly before getting released.

PTR

If Hardy could get open a lot running routes, then he would have merited looks from other teams right? The only team that picked him up after the Bills dropped him was the Ravens and they didn't keep him long.

Hardy just didn't have what it takes to grasp the game at the NFL level.

Yes, that was exactly the problem with Hardy. :wallbash:

PS - Bowen's writeup projects Jeffrey to maybe reach the potential of being the next David Nelson?

what other receivers came close to any decent numbers other then lee evans when they were qb?

jeffery is more talented then hardy

Then why didn't Hardy do better elsewhere? I believe he went to the Ravens briefly before getting released.

PTR

he got injured and never recovered when he was in buffalo.

That's what this former player (who ironically had a brief stint with the Bills) turned draft blogger, Matt Bowen, claims an NFL scout told him. Check it out: http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/NFL-Draft-Is-Alshon-Jeffery-a-1st-round-talent.html

Jeffery has his issues...But comparing him to Hardy? I don't know...I saw an awful lot of Jeffery over these past 2 years and he strikes me as being a tougher Football player than Hardy ever imagined being...While he is angular, I don't think he's anywhere near as stiff as Hardy was...And Jeffery's hands, along with his ability to snatch the ball out of the air even when it's poorly thrown, are in the elite category...I don't think Hardy was close in that area...Just my opinion though... B-)