Kirk Cousins says Bills among teams showing

Beerball

Apologies if already posted.

link

Thanks for the Link!

It's important that The Bills get a young QB in this Draft somewhere...I would like to see them use one of their 4th Round Picks on a QB...Maybe even the 3rd Rounder, though admittedly I'm not thrilled about that idea...I just think they have too many other needs elsewhere(LT, WR, CB, OLB)to take a QB too high...It's just my opinion, but I don't think these 2nd tier QB's (Cousins and Weeden) are worthy of a 1st-3rd Round Pick...And I think it's a bit of wishful thinking that Cousins will be around in the 4th...But you never know...If so I would not mind grabbing him at all! Personally I'd rather take a flyer on Osweiler...I guess we'll see...B-)

Thanks for the Link!

It's important that The Bills get a young QB in this Draft somewhere...I would like to see them use one of their 4th Round Picks on a QB...Maybe even the 3rd Rounder, though admittedly I'm not thrilled about that idea...I just think they have too many other needs elsewhere(LT, WR, CB, OLB)to take a QB too high...It's just my opinion, but I don't think these 2nd tier QB's (Cousins and Weeden) are worthy of a 1st-3rd Round Pick...And I think it's a bit of wishful thinking that Cousins will be around in the 4th...But you never know...If so I would not mind grabbing him at all! Personally I'd rather take a flyer on Osweiler...I guess we'll see...B-)

I'm pretty sure this kid won't make it past the second round. If we use our 2nd pick on a need and trade back up into the second to grab this kid, I wouldn't be mad. He's good. (I know, Buddy wouldn't do it).

I'm pretty sure this kid won't make it past the second round. If we use our 2nd pick on a need and trade back up into the second to grab this kid, I wouldn't be mad. He's good. (I know, Buddy wouldn't do it).

Unless Cousins somehow convinced Buddy, that Michigan State played in the SEC. The all bets are off. lol :ph34r:

Unless Cousins somehow convinced Buddy, that Michigan State played in the SEC. The all bets are off. lol :ph34r:

Well, he did beat an SEC team in their bowl game, so there's that.... but he threw 3 picks, shhhh, don't tell.

As a current student at MSU, I would hate it if the Bills picked him! That says a lot, because he is known for being one of the most likeable and level headed athletes on campus. Everyone loves Kirk, but those that know football are happy to see him graduate. He definitely has the physical attributes to be a pro quarterback, but I think his numbers are a bit inflated because of his supporting cast. B.J. Cunningham can catch anything within 10 yards of him (I would be thrilled if Buddy picked Cunningham), and Keyshawn Martin and Keith Nichols are both excellent college wide outs. Offensive line wasn't too shabby either.

The thing that really worried me throughout the season is that Cousins would stare down a receiver far too often. There were plenty of times that I (along with others) would scream out for him to not throw the ball that he was clearly about to throw, just for him to throw an INT. He is a very poor decision maker IMO, and would throw into coverage many times a game. Again, I think Cunningham disguised that by making many catches while double covered, and even becoming a defender quite often to prevent the pick. Its not Cousins' arm strength or accuracy that worries me, its his decision making.

Also, he NEVER ran. a few times on 3rd and 10 there wouldn't be a defender within 15 yards of the marker, and Cousins would make a poor throw. I think that is more of problem at the college level than in the pros, but it is definitely a question I would love to ask him.

Just my thoughts as average observer, not professional analysis. But I have seen every one of his snaps this year, and I hope I won't have to watch him on Sunday. Go Green!

if not Tannehill this year then Casey Pachall 6-5 216 QB next year.

2011: Second-team All-Mountain West selection ... appeared on the Manning Award Watch List ... started all 13 games ... set TCU single-season records for completions (228), completion percentage (66.5), passing yards (2,921) ... ranked 12th nationally in passing efficiency with a 157.98 rating ... completed 66.5 percent of his passes with 25 touchdowns and just seven interceptions ... Walter Camp National Player of the Week after career-high totals of 473 yards passing (24-of-37) and five touchdowns in a 36-35 win at No. 5 Boise State ... the 473 yards passing at Boise State were the most by a TCU quarterback in the 11-season tenure of head coach Gary Patterson and the second-best single-game total in school history ... the five touchdown passes tied a TCU single-game record shared by three others ... rallied TCU three times this season from fourth-quarter deficits, including two of at least 17 points ... his fourth-quarter TD toss to Skye Dawson put TCU ahead for good in the Poinsettia Bowl ... threw for at least one touchdown in 10 of 13 games, including multiple scores in eight contests ... responsible for 34 points at both Boise State and Baylor, tying for the fourth-best single-game total in TCU history ... threw for four touchdowns at Baylor, one shy of the TCU single-game record, in his first collegiate start ... a completion percentage of 80.0 (20-of-25) at Air Force tied for the eighth-best single-game mark in TCU history ... his 11 straight completions to start the Air Force game tied Andy Dalton (vs. Baylor, 2010) for second all-time in most consecutive completions at TCU ... received Mountain West Offensive Player of the Week honors for his efforts in the Air Force game.

http://gofrogs.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/pachall_casey00.html

When these college kids come in for a pre-draft visit, are they allowed to work out? More specifically, do they go through any throwing drills? It would seem easy to find a decent QB or one with potential if Nix could watch them throw.

As for getting a QB in the draft - I say it is a must. There are only a few complaints I have about Nix thus far; for the most part I think he's done excellent (especially considering it's his first go round as a GM). One complaint, however, is WASTINT MILLIONS of dollars on players - namely backup QB's - who are so BAD they aren't good enough to go into a game and relieve Fitzpatrick while he's on a 5 game losing streak, looking like the worst QB in football. What is the sense of having those players if they aren't good enough to play?

You have to have a second QB that has some promise, that can come in and win a game or two; and, in our case, you have to have a kid developing that can become, or who has the potential to be really good. Fitz is not our long term answer.

Whether they draft a kid in the first, or sixth - I don't care (I'd hope it was high enough to get some real talent, i.e., before the 4th round ends...) so long as Nix/Gailey sees what he needs to see in him. By the way, I think the reason we didn't have better backup QB play last year was that they didn't want to create a controversy. Well, the time is now to stop protecting Fitzpatrick. He needs to earn his money.

if not Tannehill this year then Casey Pachall 6-5 216 QB next year.

2011: Second-team All-Mountain West selection ... appeared on the Manning Award Watch List ... started all 13 games ... set TCU single-season records for completions (228), completion percentage (66.5), passing yards (2,921) ... ranked 12th nationally in passing efficiency with a 157.98 rating ... completed 66.5 percent of his passes with 25 touchdowns and just seven interceptions ... Walter Camp National Player of the Week after career-high totals of 473 yards passing (24-of-37) and five touchdowns in a 36-35 win at No. 5 Boise State ... the 473 yards passing at Boise State were the most by a TCU quarterback in the 11-season tenure of head coach Gary Patterson and the second-best single-game total in school history ... the five touchdown passes tied a TCU single-game record shared by three others ... rallied TCU three times this season from fourth-quarter deficits, including two of at least 17 points ... his fourth-quarter TD toss to Skye Dawson put TCU ahead for good in the Poinsettia Bowl ... threw for at least one touchdown in 10 of 13 games, including multiple scores in eight contests ... responsible for 34 points at both Boise State and Baylor, tying for the fourth-best single-game total in TCU history ... threw for four touchdowns at Baylor, one shy of the TCU single-game record, in his first collegiate start ... a completion percentage of 80.0 (20-of-25) at Air Force tied for the eighth-best single-game mark in TCU history ... his 11 straight completions to start the Air Force game tied Andy Dalton (vs. Baylor, 2010) for second all-time in most consecutive completions at TCU ... received Mountain West Offensive Player of the Week honors for his efforts in the Air Force game.

http://gofrogs.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/pachall_casey00.html

+1

That kid is going to be one hell of a QB

Maybe if we Traded Down in the 1st and grabbed extra Picks...But I'm not for giving up any Picks at all, especially to Trade back into the 2nd for a QB I don't think is worthy of a 2nd round Pick...Not saying he wont go there, because he probably will...But QB's are being so overvalued at this time I just cant get on board with it...I think there is a great chance that even at 5'10" Russell Wilson will be as good an NFL QB as Cousins...Just My opinion though... B-)

Edited by KOKBILLS

Maybe if we Traded Down in the 1st and grabbed extra Picks...But I'm not for giving up any Picks at all, especially to Trade back into the 2nd for a QB I don't think is worthy of a 2nd round Pick...Not saying he wont go there, because he probably will...But QB's are being so overvalued at this time I just cant get on board with it...I think there is a great chance that even at 5'10" Russell Martin will be as good an NFL QB as Cousins...Just My opinion though... B-)

I like Martin as well, and ultimately agree with your opinion on QB value in the NFL.

I'd prefer they wait until the latter rounds to draft a QB, just wouldn't be too angry if they felt there was a guy worth it earlier.

I like Martin as well, and ultimately agree with your opinion on QB value in the NFL.

I'd prefer they wait until the latter rounds to draft a QB, just wouldn't be too angry if they felt there was a guy worth it earlier.

I don't know why I wrote "Martin" the 1st time around...Must have had Stanford LT on the mind... :lol:

I meant Russell Wilson of course... B-)