Kirk Cousins says Bills among teams showing

Beerball

As a current student at MSU, I would hate it if the Bills picked him! That says a lot, because he is known for being one of the most likeable and level headed athletes on campus. Everyone loves Kirk, but those that know football are happy to see him graduate. He definitely has the physical attributes to be a pro quarterback, but I think his numbers are a bit inflated because of his supporting cast. B.J. Cunningham can catch anything within 10 yards of him (I would be thrilled if Buddy picked Cunningham), and Keyshawn Martin and Keith Nichols are both excellent college wide outs. Offensive line wasn't too shabby either.

The thing that really worried me throughout the season is that Cousins would stare down a receiver far too often. There were plenty of times that I (along with others) would scream out for him to not throw the ball that he was clearly about to throw, just for him to throw an INT. He is a very poor decision maker IMO, and would throw into coverage many times a game. Again, I think Cunningham disguised that by making many catches while double covered, and even becoming a defender quite often to prevent the pick. Its not Cousins' arm strength or accuracy that worries me, its his decision making.

Also, he NEVER ran. a few times on 3rd and 10 there wouldn't be a defender within 15 yards of the marker, and Cousins would make a poor throw. I think that is more of problem at the college level than in the pros, but it is definitely a question I would love to ask him.

Just my thoughts as average observer, not professional analysis. But I have seen every one of his snaps this year, and I hope I won't have to watch him on Sunday. Go Green!

My thoughts exactly.

I'd like to see what Gailey can do with a talented QB. Cousins sounds like his upside is Fitzpatrick. That Osweiler kid is more intriguing as he has a big arm and moves well for a big guy. Assuming Cleveland or Miami take Tannehill, there's really only the team who doesn't take Tannehill, maybe Seattle and the Bills who would even consider taking a QB before the 4th round. I'd think Cousins or hopefully Osweiler would be there in the 3rd round.

There are so many reasons why the Bills should draft Cousins it's actually a little insane. First of, while Fitz is a good QB (At least in my opinion) he's sorta getting old. Cousins can provide the Buffalonian Bills with that great young spark he brought to Michigan State at his time there (Believe me, MSUs my fav team. I'd know what kind of impact he has) He's smart, he has a fair amaount of arm strength and good accuracy....Buddy DO NOT PASS THIS ONE UP!

1333076694[/url]' post='2425773']

Thanks for the Link!

It's important that The Bills get a young QB in this Draft somewhere...I would like to see them use one of their 4th Round Picks on a QB...Maybe even the 3rd Rounder, though admittedly I'm not thrilled about that idea...I just think they have too many other needs elsewhere(LT, WR, CB, OLB)to take a QB too high...It's just my opinion, but I don't think these 2nd tier QB's (Cousins and Weeden) are worthy of a 1st-3rd Round Pick...And I think it's a bit of wishful thinking that Cousins will be around in the 4th...But you never know...If so I would not mind grabbing him at all! Personally I'd rather take a flyer on Osweiler...I guess we'll see...B-)

I actually like cousins.....but I don't think ever be much better than fitz. Get a guy that contribute this season and hold out for a qb that has a chance to be great. I think cousins could out to be a dalton type player, at his best. I like what dalton is doing in Cinci, but IMO, the bengals will only be a playoff team during his career. Even with a great defense, I see him coming up short of a SB. That being said, say no to cousins (unless it's after rd 3, which is unlikely). I think cousins could be am upgrade over thigpen, at this stage of our rebuilding process, I wouldn't want to use a 2nd or 3rd rd pick on a backup qb.

1333162980[/url]' post='2426736']

There are so many reasons why the Bills should draft Cousins it's actually a little insane. First of, while Fitz is a good QB (At least in my opinion) he's sorta getting old. Cousins can provide the Buffalonian Bills with that great young spark he brought to Michigan State at his time there (Believe me, MSUs my fav team. I'd know what kind of impact he has) He's smart, he has a fair amaount of arm strength and good accuracy....Buddy DO NOT PASS THIS ONE UP!

Why weren't you clamoring for Stanton when he was on the block? I woulda gave up a 4th or later for him. I think he's a better prospect than cousins from what I saw in college.