Eric Wood and Stevie on Jim Rome today

Dan III

Not at all. It's sarcasm. You're not getting it obviously.

Rome is my favorite by far. He's the only national voice to constantly stick up for, and perpetuate the "good" about Buffalo and it's sports teams. As he always says, the NFL is a better place when the Bills do well. Keep hating.

Rome is probably the worst on air personality in all of the world. He repeats everything 30 times and is definetly douchy if that is a word. I hear he is beyond rich which makes no sense to me. Rome and Cowherd can both go away IMO.

There are many ex players with personality and insight who could do his job 30 times better.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not for everyone, but Rome is by far my favorite radio personality. He doesn't cater to big markets and is a great interviewer who the athletes seem to really like. He also states that the NFL is better when the Bills are good and gives Buffalo a lot of love.

It's not for everyone, but Rome is by far my favorite radio personality. He doesn't cater to big markets and is a great interviewer who the athletes seem to really like. He also states that the NFL is better when the Bills are good and gives Buffalo a lot of love.

I will agree 100% that he does a great interview. The rest of the time when he isn't interviewing is what bothers me. Another poster alluded to it with his 11:30 tease 11:40 tease... I prefer John Ditulio(sp?) and also enjoy the loose cannons and dan patrick.

Whether or not you appreciate Rome's style, there's no question he is extremely knowledgeable about major pro and college sports, and does present teams and players fairly. You can't say the same about probably 90% of other TV and radio sports personalities out there.

Yes, he caters to a young male audience. So what.

Yeah I really can't stand him either. He is pretentious and a douche. Also the show is horrible as it is filled with repetitive topics as well as a snails pace talking to elongate the section ever more. His interviews usually are good though but his filler is horrible.

It's funny.. Someone posts information on two Bill's players being on the radio and people have to chime in with their opinion on the show host. If you don't like the show why comment? Does everyone now feel better because section122 has given us all his opinion of a radio show host?

I swear.. more people should keep their opinions to themselves.. Does anyone care what you think..?? I doubt it. :blink:

Yeah, probably took him 45 mins to confirm it . . . something like . . .

11:30 Coming up in the next segment - Eric Wood

11:35 #70 of the Bills in the next hour

11:40 Bills' guard Eric Wood coming up

11:45 One of AFC East's best guards in the next segment - Eric Wood

11:50 Eric Wood-man, stud AFC East guard of Buffalo Bills up soon

11:55 Man's-man Eric Wood #70 in the next segment

Noon Studly rock of a man, Bills' guard Eric Wood in the next hour

12:05 Send me your tweets to describe Bills Guard Eric Wood, coming up soon

12:10 How much defense would an Eric Wood chuk? Bills' guard in the next segment

12:15 Bills guard #70, Eric Wood after the next segment

aaaarrrrgggghhhh ! I can't stand Rome - say it once, repeat 1000 times, kill an hour, get paid a small fortune . . . great work we'd all take if we could get it!!!

Was Rome even on today? Werent the Sklar Brothers filling in? That is very nice of Rome to give those two has beens/never will be's the microphone. I guess VH1 stopped producing I love the 80's shows and by shear luck they were available!

Rome is probably the worst on air personality in all of the world. He repeats everything 30 times and is definetly douchy if that is a word. I hear he is beyond rich which makes no sense to me. Rome and Cowherd can both go away IMO.

There are many ex players with personality and insight who could do his job 30 times better.

Like who? Just curious. As evidenced by ESPN, most ex-athletes make for horrible analysts. Now this isn't always the case, it just happens to be quite a common theme in today's programming.

Edited by stony

12:10 How much defense would an Eric Wood chuk? Bills' guard in the next segment

aaaarrrrgggghhhh ! I can't stand Rome - say it once, repeat 1000 times, kill an hour, get paid a small fortune . . . great work we'd all take if we could get it!!!

I'm with you on that one. You can tune in for the first 10 minutes and the last 10 minutes and hear the same thing. I can't believe people wait for hrs. to talk to him on the radio only to be cut off. Getting "racked" is their lifetime achievement.

Not sure if you realize this, but ALL talk radio shows repeat things multiple times. A huge part of their audience only jumps in and out of the show and can't actually listen to the whole three hours. Hosts have to keep repeating things to fill in new listeners.

I think the guy is generally hilarious and does not take himself or the role or sports talk radio host too seriously.

Like who? Just curious. As evidenced by ESPN, most ex-athletes make for horrible analysts. Now this isn't always the case, it just happens to be quite a common theme in today's programming.

Well some newcomers i enjoy are Jalen Rose for NBA (very entertaining). For NFL Steve young, Michael Irvin, all the ex coaches including Herm Edwards are pretty solid. Diff strokes for diff folks i guess IMO Rome is the worst.

Not sure if you realize this, but ALL talk radio shows repeat things multiple times. A huge part of their audience only jumps in and out of the show and can't actually listen to the whole three hours. Hosts have to keep repeating things to fill in new listeners.

I think the guy is generally hilarious and does not take himself or the role or sports talk radio host too seriously.

He repeats things 30x in 10 mins.....IMO he's terrible. Diff strokes for diff folks they say

Just nice to see pros from B-lo getting national air time, regardless of the outlet.

jim rome ALWAYS shows buffalo love. always has, always will.

crazy to see there are people that dont like him.

honest question for those that dont like him: do you listen to ALOT of sports radio, or do you just tune in every now and then and catch it in passing.

because jim rome is truly head and shoulders above the competition on the radio. dan patricks show looks like amateur hour compared to him.

caller to dp: "hey dan, rob from louisville, 5'8 240 *ding* just wanted to say i think louisville is going to win."

dp: "thanks rob"

caller to jim rome: "hey rome, rob from louisville, 5' *EHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH*"

rome: ive said it before, if i leave this show up to you callers, ill be off the air in a month - no more callers for the rest of the month. get me to break alvie.

EXACTLY

i think a lot of the people that have problems with rome are expecting more of a television show style.

day time talk radio is completely different.

most listeners are catching it on their lunch break, a commute to a meeting, while filing paper work for 20 minutes, etc.

its not meant to be viewed, its meant to be background discussion (unless youre a clone, in which case, its your life.)

if you listen to it for a half hour a day, youll get all his inside jokes (that he does repeat ad nauseum if you listen for 3 hours,) within a week and then the show gets so much better and takes on a life of its own.

when that college player texted his girlfriend last year "time to die," and they started dropping that guns n roses clip for every team that lost the night before for like a week straight, man i would be cracking up an hour later trying to explain it to people.

hey brady - TIME TO DIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

good stuff man. everyone should give him a chance.

truly the only personality in sports that can make you genuinely laugh.

I like Rome because he's a huge contrast from Cowherd who I can't stand. He doesn't pander to the big markets, gives Buffalo a lot of love, and is the only national sports show host I can think of that likes and talks hockey. He has Niklas Lidstrom on a few times a season and during the playoffs gives hockey a decent amount of air time.

Way to do any research Rome....guard?!? Honestly, I've hated Rome since the moment I first heard him. Thank god for sirius, NFL radio isn't much better, but they talk football only and they would know he's one of the best centers in the NFL.

Well some newcomers i enjoy are Jalen Rose for NBA (very entertaining). For NFL Steve young, Michael Irvin, all the ex coaches including Herm Edwards are pretty solid. Diff strokes for diff folks i guess IMO Rome is the worst.

He repeats things 30x in 10 mins.....IMO he's terrible. Diff strokes for diff folks they say

I would agree that most ex-coaches are solid. Steve Young is good, Irvin not so much. Rose lost a lot of credibility w me over the whole Michigan Duke documentary thing. I've never seen someone act so hood but look so Madison Ave.

Way to do any research Rome....guard?!? Honestly, I've hated Rome since the moment I first heard him. Thank god for sirius, NFL radio isn't much better, but they talk football only and they would know he's one of the best centers in the NFL.

Well he was a center in college, came to the pros and played guard for a few years, and now back to center last year. Not really that bad of a mix-up if you ask me.