Why not DeCastro?

If we are going OL at number 10 why not get the best lineman in the draft? This guy will be a perennial all pro. Beats trying to pickup an LT that provides depth. I know we have a number of guards but DeCastro, Wood and Levitre in the middle would be solid. Hands down he is the BPA at number 10 and an immediate starter. Pears is solid at RT, Hairston should suffice at LT and we can get depth in rd 2, 3, 4 or 5.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you ask me (and yes I do believe decastro will be good) drafting a guard is akin to drafting Spiller a couple of years ago -- drafting into a position of strength. The Bills are not good enough to do that yet. This team has definitive needs -- Tackle, WR, CB and that is where we should be looking.

If we are going OL at number 10 why not get the best lineman in the draft? This guy will be a perennial all pro. Beats trying to pickup an LT that provides depth. I know we have a number of guards but DeCastro, Wood and Levitre in the middle would be solid. Hands down he is the BPA at number 10 and an immediate starter. Pears is solid at RT, Hairston should suffice at LT and we can get depth in rd 2, 3, 4 or 5.

I'll tell you why they won't draft the best offensive lineman which is Decastro. Buddy Nix is a liar and a fool. He blows smoke out of his a__.

Nix tells you, "we draft the best player on the board regardless of position. Well if that was true, wouldn't they draft DeCastro instead of reaching for a tackle. There is only one tackle that warrants being selected at 10, and he will be long gone. The Vikings are going to select Kalil.

Buddy Nix is a hillbilly that dropped out of school in the third grade. But he is a good liar.

The first pick in the draft for the Bills has to be a gem of a pick...

and yes DeCastro will be a all pro... Bills can move Urbik to back up center...

They can address the tackle position in round two and WR, CB in rounds 3 and 4 along with OLB...

But get the best player available with the first pick reguardless of position...

The first pick in the draft for the Bills has to be a gem of a pick...

and yes DeCastro will be a all pro... Bills can move Urbik to back up center...

They can address the tackle position in round two and WR, CB in rounds 3 and 4 along with OLB...

But get the best player available with the first pick reguardless of position...

So if the best player is a punter? How does that help? We trade the player from the position we don't need for...a 5th round pick next year? Productive

So if the best player is a punter? How does that help? We trade the player from the position we don't need for...a 5th round pick next year? Productive

If there's a punter out there that's "better" than every other player in the draft at every other position...

It's hard to pass up a guy that looks like a star in waiting; especially for a franchise that has been so wrong so often on first round picks.

Levitre, Wood, DeCastro would be a ridiculous core. Yes there are bigger needs, but I wouldn't be upset with that pick at all.

Wow. Great example. :lol:

It's hard to pass up a guy that looks like a star in waiting; especially for a franchise that has been so wrong so often on first round picks.

Levitre, Wood, DeCastro would be a ridiculous core. Yes there are bigger needs, but I wouldn't be upset with that pick at all.

If they stay at 10 and are willing to wait till later in the draft to grab a few tackles then why not. Absolutely nobody on this line has proven that they can't be upgraded yet. That includes Wood and Levitre.

Yeah right dude, put down the pipe. Find a punter that is on a draft board rated higher than all of the position players. Uh ha, sure.

He would have to be able to punt 100 yards and put the ball out on the 1 yard line 90% of the time. If there is a punter that good, yeah draft him number 1.

Incredible argument ...my compliments to your debate teacher. :worthy: If there was a punter ranked in the top 10 on the board then he would have to be a guy that averages 50+ yards and can place a beautiful pooch punt inside the 5/15 with regularity. Otherwise he wouldn't be rated in the top 10 !!!

And then if that clear huge field position is enough for Buddy to say we need this guy then I would imagine he would take him.

K. Simmons [steelers] (#30 overall), 2002

L. Mankins [Pats] (#32 overall), 2005

D. Joseph [bucs] (#23 overall), 2006

B. Grubbs [Ravens] (#29 overall), 2007

M. Iupati [49ers] (17th overall), 2010

D. Watkins [Eagles] (#23 overall), 2011

These are the only guards taken in the first round of the draft in the last 10 years. Do you see any from the top 10?

K. Simmons [steelers] (#30 overall), 2002

L. Mankins [Pats] (#32 overall), 2005

D. Joseph [bucs] (#23 overall), 2006

B. Grubbs [Ravens] (#29 overall), 2007

M. Iupati [49ers] (17th overall), 2010

D. Watkins [Eagles] (#23 overall), 2011

These are the only guards taken in the first round of the draft in the last 10 years. Do you see any from the top 10?

So by your logic, that means DeCastro will fall into the 20's, 30's or second round? It also means that a player who has been compared to someone like Steve Hutchison, has little value.