Why not DeCastro?

I'll tell you why they won't draft the best offensive lineman which is Decastro. Buddy Nix is a liar and a fool. He blows smoke out of his a__.

Nix tells you, "we draft the best player on the board regardless of position. Well if that was true, wouldn't they draft DeCastro instead of reaching for a tackle. There is only one tackle that warrants being selected at 10, and he will be long gone. The Vikings are going to select Kalil.

Buddy Nix is a hillbilly that dropped out of school in the third grade. But he is a good liar.

Man, that's harsh... what were you saying about him last week and the week before when he signed Mario Williams and Marc Anderson??

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Your argument is non-compelling, SJBF.

If you are so bothered by the man's surname, the problem is very easily ameliorated.

Draft Decastro with the #10 pick in round one and, on day 3, simply...

Adcock

Fine rebuttal, Senator.

I guess if they also drafted Adcock I'd be fine with DeCastrate… DeCastro.

I concede to you only on this one point.

Man, that's harsh... what were you saying about him last week and the week before when he signed Mario Williams and Marc Anderson??

Who the hell cares what a troll punk says?

I urge you to put the snot-nosed punk on your ignore list like I did within hours after he showed up around here.

Look.

Our community here last year dubbed the Bills' offensive line "The rooster Blockers" because of Wood, Levitre, and partly due to the departed Ed Wang.

As such, you can't draft a player whose name (DeCastro) sounds like castrate.

You just can't do it.

Ironically the argument that Spiller was not a good pick gets weaker with each passing month. Between the glimpses of brilliance we saw from him in the last 8 games and the fact that Freddie went down injured, the Spiller pick keeps looking better… and is an argument for taking the best player available, regardless of position.

I've come out against the drafting of DeCastro on several occasions for several reasons:

1) They have the least value of any player on the offensive line. Tackles and centers are typically the only O-linemen drafted highly… guards seldom so.

2) As Buddy Nix and others have stated, it's better to draft a tackle and if he can't cut it on the outside, move him to guard. This is what happened to Robert Gallery and he's a very good guard. Carl Nicks and Jahri Evans are examples of former tackles turned Pro Bowl guards. They also happen to be the two highest paid guards in the NFL. BTW, this is an argument for drafting a guy like Reilly Reiff.

3) The Bills have quality AND depth on the interior O-line: Urbik, Wood, Levitre, Rinehart, Brown… that's 5 good players for 3 spots.

I'm sure that Buddy will not draft DeCastro but seeing as the DeCastrophiles on our board can't seem to make a cogent argument for taking him, I'll do the work for you:

DeCastro has said that he'd play center if the team which drafts him wants him to. He also said that he could envision himself as a center and there are rumors that some NFL teams have him projected as such.

So you DeCastrophiles have some fresh fuel… the Bills have a chance to draft the next Nick Mangold… and a great insurance policy if Wood's rehab goes slowly.

But just remember that we're talking about "The rooster Blockers" and a guy whose name sounds like castrate.

I totally agree about DeCastro...

But the Spiller Pick was wrong because we already had Freddie and Lynch...Now that Lynch is gone sure it looks better...But Lynch was here at the time and the Bills had no reason to Trade him until they Drafted Spiller...That being said CJ is looking better and better and he's an absolute rocket in the open field...He's literally the fastest thing I think I've ever seen on the Football field...He's crazy fast...And he's getting better...So... B-)

But the Spiller Pick was wrong because we already had Freddie and Lynch...Now that Lynch is gone sure it looks better...But Lynch was here at the time and the Bills had no reason to Trade him until they Drafted Spiller...That being said CJ is looking better and better and he's an absolute rocket in the open field...He's literally the fastest thing I think I've ever seen on the Football field...He's crazy fast...And he's getting better...So... B-)

I guess it depends on how you viewed Lynch at the time of the Spiller pick.

Certainly Gailey wanted Lynch to succeed and said good things about him when hired and anointed him as the starter.

I personally was very down on Lynch by that time. He had gained a lot of weight and was trying to plod downfield and outmuscle people. It's like he bought into the Beast Mode thing and thought that being big and strong was more important than being quick and fast.

In addition Lynch ran without vision or instincts, or both and he was agonizingly slow to the hole. I was like "this guy ran a sub 4.5 40?"

I wondered what happened to the player who many scouts had rated just a bit behind Adrian Peterson, the guy who flashed so much promise in his first two years.

Well he finally got his head screwed on straight and he lost 15 pounds in Seattle so good for him. But by the time of Spiller's pick I had written off Lynch for these and other reasons.

I guess it depends on how you viewed Lynch at the time of the Spiller pick.

Certainly Gailey wanted Lynch to succeed and said good things about him when hired and anointed him as the starter.

I personally was very down on Lynch by that time. He had gained a lot of weight and was trying to plod downfield and outmuscle people. It's like he bought into the Beast Mode thing and thought that being big and strong was more important than being quick and fast.

In addition Lynch ran without vision or instincts, or both and he was agonizingly slow to the hole. I was like "this guy ran a sub 4.5 40?"

I wondered what happened to the player who many scouts had rated just a bit behind Adrian Peterson, the guy who flashed so much promise in his first two years.

Well he finally got his head screwed on straight and he lost 15 pounds in Seattle so good for him. But by the time of Spiller's pick I had written off Lynch for these and other reasons.

I hear you...My take was basically we already have Freddie who is very good and Lynch who could be good AND we used #12 overall on him...so...Just felt it was not a need...But granted neither was anything like Thriller style-wise... B-)

Edited by KOKBILLS