New ESPN AFC East blogger James Walker has his nuts handed to him

LOL, I have grown to hate ESPN. They're totally in it for ratings NOT reporting!!

Wow a sports networtk that is in it for ratings. What a novel concept. Seriously guys, the Bills have not been relevant for the last 12 years & it is noone's fault except their own. If you don't like what the guy writes don't read it.

ESPN is not for us you guys.

the whole "blogger" section on each respective division, is in response to internet forums.

OF COURSE we are going to know more about the bills than a local blogger.

we have up to the second info on the team.

we knew which freaking restaurant mario williams would be eating at when his plane touched down here.

i know ripping ESPN is fun, but honest to god, its more fun to follow the team strictly on here and *gulp* billszone.com, and watch the games yourself, come on here for analysis than it is to read an espn.com RAPID REACTION.

remember. remember, remember, remember:

ESPN is selling a product - and that product is ESPN. ESPN makes money when you watch the commercials that are on ESPN. ESPN does NOT make money when you learn something pertinent about your football team, and then switch over to CBS to watch the bills.

I know i am beating a dead horse/talking to myself/preaching to the choir... hell, if i open up a new tab in google chrome, my most visited site is, according to its detailed record keeping - espn.com.

but try to keep some sanity for yourself and use it for what it is. "general sports knowledge for dummies." it is not "the 2012-2013 buffalo bills almanac"

Edited by JohnnyGold

Martin & Reiff are possibilities, and the Bills could be still draft Upshaw, OMG.

Really? This is why ESPN is so terrible?

They are both tackles, and the Bills could still draft Upshaw. Honestly, I like Upshaw, even though he would play end for the Bills.

The problem is that there are warts for all the players at 10. The Bills could go in almost any direction. Any player that someone suggests the Bills will select, there will be and have been on this board people and arguments on why either the Bills will not select them or why the Bills shouldn't select them.

The real problem I have is that I really liked the fact that Tim Graham used to respond to to our questions on this board until some jerk insulted him badly enough so that he stopped.

I would read what James Walker wrote before the person who started this thread, and I'm sorry I even clicked on this thread. Can we please make our points without the hyperbole insults?

Martin & Reiff are possibilities, and the Bills could be still draft Upshaw, OMG.

They are both tackles, and the Bills could still draft Upshaw. Honestly, I like Upshaw, even though he would play end for the Bills.

The problem is that there are warts for all the players at 10. The Bills could go in almost any direction. Any player that someone suggests the Bills will select, there will be and have been on this board people and arguments on why either the Bills will not select them or why the Bills shouldn't select them.

The real problem I have is that I really liked the fact that Tim Graham used to respond to to our questions on this board until some jerk insulted him badly enough so that he stopped.

I would read what James Walker wrote before the person who started this thread, and I'm sorry I even clicked on this thread. Can we please make our points without the hyperbole insults?

wtf??

how about we

ban whoever insulted him

and invite him back?

if what you say is true, 3 things im sure of:

1) im sure whoever it is that insulted him can't contribute much to this board and wouldn't be missed

2) you never leave a forum, you just turn into a lurker

3) it would be nice to have an informed opinion on this board - maybe he just has a new pseudonym?

either way, thats awful. knowledgeable bills fans should have a place to congregate - and this seems by far and away to be the best on the web. with the season we're about to embark on, i cant imagine not having a place to come and type out my thoughts, and share them with like-minded individuals.

isnt that the freaking point of internet message boards?

come back tim.

If we're trying to actually accomplish something (educating Walker, for instance), here is the specific objection to his fluff piece and what he should have been specifically called out on. Walker wrote:

"Nick Barnett is stable in the middle, but two outside spots remain a work in progress. Maybe Shawne Merriman has potential here (linebacker, my edit). But he's coming off his second season-ending Achilles injury. No one knows at this point how well he can bounce back."

In a very short blog post he misidentified the positions of two Bills players and if he thinks he can mail it in when his work will be scrutinized by Buffalo Bills fans, he's sadly mistaken.

If he's gonna regurgitate common knowledge in short blurbs, he should at least try to get his facts straight.

If we're trying to actually accomplish something (educating Walker, for instance), here is the specific objection to his fluff piece and what he should have been specifically called out on. Walker wrote:

"Nick Barnett is stable in the middle, but two outside spots remain a work in progress. Maybe Shawne Merriman has potential here (linebacker, my edit). But he's coming off his second season-ending Achilles injury. No one knows at this point how well he can bounce back."

In a very short blog post he misidentified the positions of two Bills players and if he thinks he can mail it in when his work will be scrutinized by Buffalo Bills fans, he's sadly mistaken.

If he's gonna regurgitate common knowledge in short blurbs, he should at least try to get his facts straight.

He's a hack and even admitted he is not knowledgeable on the AFCE, when he first moved over here. His writing has no personality at all. Which tuned me out. If your getting paid to blog you should know the teams. It's not a doctoral thesis.

wtf??

how about we

ban whoever insulted him

and invite him back?

if what you say is true, 3 things im sure of:

1) im sure whoever it is that insulted him can't contribute much to this board and wouldn't be missed

2) you never leave a forum, you just turn into a lurker

3) it would be nice to have an informed opinion on this board - maybe he just has a new pseudonym?

either way, thats awful. knowledgeable bills fans should have a place to congregate - and this seems by far and away to be the best on the web. with the season we're about to embark on, i cant imagine not having a place to come and type out my thoughts, and share them with like-minded individuals.

isnt that the freaking point of internet message boards?

come back tim.

Idiots here have managed to run off a few connected posters including Tim. Some guys get off on hammering the pro writer and there were several who did it. Tim cannot win in that situation, if he responds with how he feels he risks his job, if he takes it they call him weak. Lose/lose for him and others since TBD doesn't pay their bills.

He's a hack and even admitted he is not knowledgeable on the AFCE, when he first moved over here. His writing has no personality at all. Which tuned me out. If your getting paid to blog you should know the teams. It's not a doctoral thesis.

Yeah I've been very underwhelmed with Walker.

The one thing you like to see regardless of profession is the desire to work hard.

Clearly he hasn't bothered to do his homework.

If you're a professional writing material for zealots, then you'd better match their passion with some due diligence… if you don't actually share their passion.

worthy.gif

I've been trying to keep an open mind about Walker. Yes, the Bills have been historically bad, and yes, a SB team in your division should get plenty of attention, but I think his Bills coverage is a friggin joke.

Lots of the old, good posters here have stopped posting. Lori, RR, etc. Probably for many reasons, but maybe they'll come back as the team gets better and some of the miserable folks have less to complain about. We can hope.

Lots of the old, good posters here have stopped posting. Lori, RR, etc. Probably for many reasons, but maybe they'll come back as the team gets better and some of the miserable folks have less to complain about. We can hope.

There might not have been anyone more connected with more thorough knowledge of this team then Lori. I do not mean to insult anyone but just based on the passion alone that she writes with - amazing.

I have tried to remember all of the ones that are gone. It is hard and makes ya wonder how many might not even be around anymore.

with all the warts on college guys at #10, why not give it up for Wallace

with all the warts on college guys at #10, why not give it up for Wallace

For the 10th pick overall and a $120 million contract?

Yeah why not?

http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2012/03/the-49ers-inquired-about-mike-wallace-but.html

"A league source said that Wallace, 25, wants a contract that surpasses the eight-year, $120 million deal that Larry Fitzgerald signed last year with the Cardinals.Combine that with the first-round pick any team that signs Wallace to an offer sheet would lose if the Steelers didn't match the offer, and you start to understand why we've heard so little about Wallace in the last week and a half."

James Walker is fast becoming the ESPN equivalent of Chris Chase.