Texting woman walks off end of pier into Lake Michigan

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<br />Lol she is lucky her body didn't go into shock from the 35* degree water and sink like a rock<br />

Normally, "torso reflex" would be a problem. Some H2O temps are already in the 50's! We normally are just getting rid of the ice by now!

If this was a normal year, she would not have been out there this early. I have had boaters come through in bikinis already... MID-MARCH?!!?

I blame the city for not having railing all the way around the pier.

Me to and I've just missed running a couple over. I'll try harder next time.

Chef, your head would have exploded...over the weekend, I saw some chick on a bike, texting, while running a red light, at a very busy city intersection...riding on the wrong side of the street...a driver slammed on his breaks, another car almost ran into the back of him... funniest thing was, she gets to the sidewalk, finishes texting her last few characters, and then screams "!@#$" at the driver, who was well on his way by then...a "lib-tard" no doubt! :lol:

Why not a railing? Probably because during high water events and winter surge, they would get destroyed. MAYBE they do have them, just not installed yet this early in the season. I know at locks and dams that flood and utilize navigable passes... That is during high water events, they lower the dam and the boats go over the top... Railings are lowered before the flood, sows not to get damaged from all the debris... The railings are usually pivoted and held up by pins. This pier/jetty in St. Joe, MI... I am not so sure of??

Anybody notice that Bird Island is closed past the Peace Bridge now? Why?

Why not a railing? Probably because during high water events and winter surge, they would get destroyed. MAYBE they do have them, just not installed yet this early in the season. I know at locks and dams that flood and utilize navigable passes... That is during high water events, they lower the dam and the boats go over the top... Railings are lowered before the flood, sows not to get damaged from all the debris... The railings are usually pivoted and held up by pins. This pier/jetty in St. Joe, MI... I am not so sure of??

Anybody notice that Bird Island is closed past the Peace Bridge now? Why?

I have been on that pier in the peak of summer last year. There is no railing and really no need for one if people are doing what they are supposed to over there - enjoy being near the water and gawk at bikini clad girls on the beach (behind that pier). The sad part may be that idiots will start a petition to have a railing to protect idiots like this woman who think it is their right to text and walk/drive/ride a bike. Society should not have to cover for idiots.

Chef, your head would have exploded...over the weekend, I saw some chick on a bike, texting, while running a red light, at a very busy city intersection...riding on the wrong side of the street...a driver slammed on his breaks, another car almost ran into the back of him... funniest thing was, she gets to the sidewalk, finishes texting her last few characters, and then screams "!@#$" at the driver, who was well on his way by then...a "lib-tard" no doubt! :lol:

I see that **** all the time. Well not that extreme but bicyclist feel they rule the road.

Why do people immediately jump in... Good way to have two deaths...

1 REACH

2 THROW

3 ROW...

4 THEN GO!

1 - Looks to be about 8' from the deck to the water surface - maybe their arms aren't like those of an orangutang.

2 - Throw what? They're not on a boat. Throw a purse, a wallet, a cell phone?

3 - Row row row your boat - none in sight from what I could tell.

4 - Then go. Go post the video on Yousetoube.

1 - Looks to be about 8' from the deck to the water surface - maybe their arms aren't like those of an orangutang.

2 - Throw what? They're not on a boat. Throw a purse, a wallet, a cell phone?

3 - Row row row your boat - none in sight from what I could tell.

4 - Then go. Go post the video on Yousetoube.

Not saying that they should have them... Most public piers have ring bouys spaced out every 100 feet or so. Maybe railing is overkill and maybe people will rip off the ring bouys... Yet, most public pier do have them.

I once had a drowning and the guy vanished (eventually dead on the bottom when the divers pulled him out after hours of sweeping)... And a one of the party wanted to jump in the water and try to search for them. I had to talk her out of this "death sentence" and stop short of saying: "If you go in the water, the divers will be pulling two dead bodies out."

Did you notice that in this case... They had to rescue BOTH ladies. Yet, the media keeps plugging that this is some kinda heroic behavior... Well maybe if the first responder can swim and approach the victim properly... I say go for it at last resort.:wallbash:

'Cause DC Tom had thrown them all after the previous idiots who walked off the pier while texting, of course! :pirate::lol:

Tom only resorts to rocks once he runs out of monkey crap

It boggles my mind how many people don't know how to swim. :rolleyes:

Same here! And then they are attracted to the water like bees to a flower! Amazing... Everybody has the ability to learn to swim... How can anybody be a non-swimmer.

Maybe we should mandate swimming lessons with back-up cams... :P;) ;)

I jest... I jest! :D