Superstitions about the winning streak

John Adams

After week 4, I decided to downgrade the season from TV to radio. I mean, I'm a diehard Bills fan, but I was spending 4 hours away from my family and spending 20$ to eat and drink in a bar watching those pathetic games (too many trees for DirecTV). So I decided to stay home with the family, do some home projects every week, and listen to all the games on Sirius.

That worked OK, but then I cracked for the NE Sunday night game, and we know what happened.

So, even though I am desperate to see the Bills play this weekend, I will be faithfully huddled around my radio.

I can't promise I'll keep this up if they make the playoffs, but I can do it for one more week.

BTW, I am not even a little superstitious about anything but the Bills. Another in-game superstition I have is to not pee when things are going well (holding the good water inside), and always pee when things are going poorly (get rid of the bad water). I can't explain any of this, but it works.

What are your superstitions?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After week 4, I decided to downgrade the season from TV to radio. I mean, I'm a diehard Bills fan, but I was spending 4 hours away from my family and spending 20$ to eat and drink in a bar watching those pathetic games (too many trees for DirecTV). So I decided to stay home with the family, do some home projects every week, and listen to all the games on Sirius.

That worked OK, but then I cracked for the NE Sunday night game, and we know what happened.

So, even though I am desperate to see the Bills play this weekend, I will be faithfully huddled around my radio.

I can't promise I'll keep this up if they make the playoffs, but I can do it for one more week.

BTW, I am not even a little superstitious about anything but the Bills. Another in-game superstition I have is to not pee when things are going well (holding the good water inside), and always pee when things are going poorly (get rid of the bad water). I can't explain any of this, but it works.

181771[/snapback]

I'm in trouble with my superstition.

Every week for the past 3 months or so, I eat french onion soup and 20 wings at the start of each game. This week I'll be in the lot, neurotically obsessing about my pregame ritual :o

At the start of the winning streak, I wore my Pete Metzelaars jersey as a goof just because I had worn all of my other jerseys on Sundays and the Bills got crushed.  Since ol' Pete's name has been on the back of my jersey, the Bills keep winning.

181789[/snapback]

AHA! That's it! I've been wearing my old Paup jersey....

I'm in trouble with my superstition.

Every week for the past 3 months or so, I eat french onion soup and 20 wings at the start of each game. This week I'll be in the lot, neurotically obsessing about my pregame ritual :o

181783[/snapback]

Be strong. Bring a Thermos. You cannot lapse now.

181771[/snapback]

Don't you dare watch this game, we need all superstitions in tact. Mine is that my wife, kids and myself be decked out in Bills gear all day on Sunday. We lost when I decided not to make the kids wear their Bills shirts, etc... I bought everyone lots of Bills gear to make it through this week and maybe even beyond...

At the start of each game, I crack open a nice cold Sam Adams (and keep them coming if the defense is doing well). So far, so good....

Somehow though, if I find myself on a TiVo delay (buffered), I feel like I have been taken out of the mojo-pool and am no longer influencing the game.

At the start of each game, I crack open a nice cold Sam Adams (and keep them coming if the defense is doing well).  So far, so good....

Somehow though, if I find myself on a TiVo delay (buffered), I feel like I have been taken out of the mojo-pool and am no longer influencing the game.

181882[/snapback]

lol, I think the same way.

At the start of each game, I crack open a nice cold Sam Adams (and keep them coming if the defense is doing well).  So far, so good....

181882[/snapback]

True. You have no mojo over things in the buffer. Hop to triple speed and catchup in a hurry if that happens. Better yet, don't let it happen.

181771[/snapback]

Bills started their winning streak when it got cold enough that I started wearing a sweater to watch the game. I'm still wearing the same sweater every Sunday...and no, I haven't yet washed it.

Bills started their winning streak when it got cold enough that I started wearing a sweater to watch the game.  I'm still wearing the same sweater every Sunday...and no, I haven't yet washed it.

182588[/snapback]

I thought it was my lucky underwear - I've been wearing them for the past 6 weeks...and no, I haven't yet washed them.

;)

It's all about Double-Shot Powah! I bought an authentic Moulds jersey at the start of the streak and at the same time started dressing my (now) 6th month old son in two different Bills outfits...a white one when the Bills are away and the blue one when they’re at home. Between the two of us the Bills have skated to victories!

Of course, for Christmas I bought the boy an replica Moulds Jersey onesy (it looks just like the replica jerseys only, you know, smaller)...and now I'm debating whether I should put him in the replica jersey or keep with the proven formula (it is a home jersey)...my wife thinks we should go with the new jersey to help propel the Bills into the playoffs, but I have my doubts....

In the interest of keeping ICE from melting down, I've worn every jersey combination I have as well as a variety of BILLS gear every Friday. Over the last two years each was enough on their own to ensure a loss. Combined they were ABSOLUTELY certain to cause an unreal ass whipping. Nothing.

The witch is dead. ;)

181771[/snapback]

Sorry I wore my new bills hat to Cardinals game and only havent worn it for one other game ( you guessed it the NE game ). Since than its the hat!!!

181882[/snapback]

It seemed to me the worse I was behind in watching the game, the worse the Bills did, so I at least try to get home in time for the game.

Also, I don't wear Bills gear. I did when we had the party at our house for the Miami game. The TD pass to Evans came as I was changing out of it...