Trayvon Martin Case

fjl2nd

I haven't read every post in this thread, but I can't believe the overall sentiment that seems to be here. It seems that the general feeling in this thread is sympathy for Zimmerman, hatred for the media, and a lack of understanding of why this might be a big deal or why anyone cares. Is there not a single black person who post at TBD? Or at least has a friend who is black? The black community hears a story of an unarmed black kid walking through a neighborhood, eating skittles, talking to his girlfriend on his phone, then ends up shot and killed and nobody understands how this can stir up emotions within a community that has plenty of members who have behaved perfectly well throughout their lives but still have countless stories of harrassment that their white counterpart wouldn't have? For some there is a justifiable lack of trust of law enforcement and the justice system and this incident just rips open old wounds. I'm no legal expert, but there seems to me that there is enough evidence that this should have been brought to trial. And my sympathies are directed to the dead kid who didn't have a gun.

And besides all this, Zimmerman outweighed the kid by 100 pounds. If you claim that you were getting your ass kicked by a 16 year old that you outweigh by 100 pounds then you deserve to go to jail. Because you are a !@#$ing kitty.

I think the general consensus is to not judge the case by the rhetoric (displayed by both sides), the media's biased reporting, and a lack of facts available to the public. Seems logical to me.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This has been explained to them for about 30 pages now. Not to mention I've seen plenty of stories in the media making Zimmerman into some sort of folk hero.

This whole situation is tragic.

No we don't know do we?

And how do you know that the investigation was done correctly? You don't. But I don't know how he could have ended up shooting the kid in a side yard if he was walking back to his car.

Lets wait and see what the investigation turns out. But I have a feeling no matter how this turns out there are going to be some blurred lines on who was standing their ground.

Side yard or sidewalk? I get a kick out of you guys. I've never indicated that I thought Zimmerman was innocent. I've said all along that the evidence needs to come out. Obviously the "blurred lines" are your fallback position. It's funny you claim on the one hand that you have re-evaluated, but still spout the same reasons for your odd beliefs.

I think the general consensus is to not judge the case by the rhetoric (displayed by both sides), the media's biased reporting, and a lack of facts available to the public. Seems logical to me.

I agree with you that this would be a logical consensus; but based on what I have read I disagree with you that it is the consensus.

I agree with you that this would be a logical consensus; but based on what I have read I disagree with you that it is the consensus.

Go back and read the posts. It's right there in black and white (double entendre intended).

I haven't read every post in this thread, but I can't believe the overall sentiment that seems to be here. It seems that the general feeling in this thread is sympathy for Zimmerman, hatred for the media, and a lack of understanding of why this might be a big deal or why anyone cares. Is there not a single black person who post at TBD? Or at least has a friend who is black? The black community hears a story of an unarmed black kid walking through a neighborhood, eating skittles, talking to his girlfriend on his phone, then ends up shot and killed and nobody understands how this can stir up emotions within a community that has plenty of members who have behaved perfectly well throughout their lives but still have countless stories of harrassment that their white counterpart wouldn't have? For some there is a justifiable lack of trust of law enforcement and the justice system and this incident just rips open old wounds. I'm no legal expert, but there seems to me that there is enough evidence that this should have been brought to trial. And my sympathies are directed to the dead kid who didn't have a gun.

And besides all this, Zimmerman outweighed the kid by 100 pounds. If you claim that you were getting your ass kicked by a 16 year old that you outweigh by 100 pounds then you deserve to go to jail. Because you are a !@#$ing kitty.

I don't think that you have read more than a scattering of posts in this thread. You are spouting the same thing as the posts in the first few pages. You have no knowledge of the info that has come out and no knowledge of the far more important issues here. You have no experience or again knowledge of the judicial system to even comment. Your avatar says it all. Do you wear sweater vests?

Edited by 3rdnlng

That's because a bunch of people in this thread are arguing with a few pinheads who are judging the case based on rhetoric, bias, and racial preference.

I don't think that you have read more than a scattering of posts in this thread. You are spouting the same thing as the posts in the first few pages. You have no knowledge of the info that has come out and no knowledge of the far more important issues here. You have no experience or again knowledge of the judicial system to even comment. Your avatar says it all. Do you wear sweater vests?

You are a frothing at the mouth imbeclie with the reading comprehension of a second grader. You are a fool. And you are the worst kind of fool that is full of self assurance that you are knowledegable and right that reading blog posts and and watching fox news fills you with. You are a fool who makes no attempts to understand those that disagree with you; you instead puff out your chest and yell as loud as you can, all throught the anonimity of the internet. You are a fool who doesn't attempt honest debate or concede points or admit failure or change your mind, because you are the type of fool that thinks that this would make you weak.

And I chose my avatar very carefully. That avatar is pure sexy. Take one look at that Mona Lisa smile of Marcia Brady and tell me with a straight face that you're not just a little turned on. Because I know I am. Every single time I look at that picture.

You are a frothing at the mouth imbeclie with the reading comprehension of a second grader. You are a fool. And you are the worst kind of fool that is full of self assurance that you are knowledegable and right that reading blog posts and and watching fox news fills you with. You are a fool who makes no attempts to understand those that disagree with you; you instead puff out your chest and yell as loud as you can, all throught the anonimity of the internet. You are a fool who doesn't attempt honest debate or concede points or admit failure or change your mind, because you are the type of fool that thinks that this would make you weak.

And I chose my avatar very carefully. That avatar is pure sexy. Take one look at that Mona Lisa smile of Marcia Brady and tell me with a straight face that you're not just a little turned on. Because I know I am. Every single time I look at that picture.

Sooo... How 'bout them Sox? I think they could go all the way this year.

Not biting. You might be "George", or one of the other trolls, or then again a new troll. A troll you are though and now you need to re-register, Mr Sweater Vest.

Oh, the irony!

Edited by Sig1Hunter

Not biting. You might be "George", or one of the other trolls, or then again a new troll. A troll you are though and now you need to re-register, Mr Sweater Vest.

I'm not sure he's a troll. He might actually be that stupid.

What is an imbeclie? I haven't been able to find it in any on-line publications that are reputable, but I did find it in MethToday. You can't even be a good troll. Aren't you embarrassed?

I'm not sure he's a troll. He might actually be that stupid.

I've been browsing this site and it's many incarnations since the late 90s. In that time I've read alot of stupid schit.

And in my experiences over that time I've learned never to underestimate the stupidity of my fellow TSW posters

I've been browsing this site and it's many incarnations since the late 90s. In that time I've read alot of stupid schit.

And in my experiences over that time I've learned never to underestimate the stupidity of my fellow TSW posters

Yes, as stupid as you think they are, they're probably stupider by a factor of...say it with me...3.5.

And how does Marcia Janicks hold up?

Side yard or sidewalk? I get a kick out of you guys. I've never indicated that I thought Zimmerman was innocent. I've said all along that the evidence needs to come out. Obviously the "blurred lines" are your fallback position. It's funny you claim on the one hand that you have re-evaluated, but still spout the same reasons for your odd beliefs.

Yeah, because I haven't been claiming that right along. Retard.

Yeah, because I haven't been claiming that right along. Retard.

So far, you haven't been very coherent. As far as you claiming "blurred lines " all along it is a crock of schit. You need to either just go away or have something of substance to say.

And today there's the video that they showed of Zimmerman getting out of the police car. There's a bandage on his head where the medics treated his bleeding head. In the MSNBC tape of it, ther's one of there graphics in the lower left corner, right where Zimmerman turned around and you could clearly see the back of his head.

So far, you haven't been very coherent. As far as you claiming "blurred lines " all along it is a crock of schit. You need to either just go away or have something of substance to say.

So in other words, you don't really want to discus this if I'm not going to push the racial angle right? Well that ship sailed. There's other issues to this case that are just plain tragic since.

So in other words, you don't really want to discus this if I'm not going to push the racial angle right? Well that ship sailed. There's other issues to this case that are just plain tragic since.

So, it's not a hate crime anymore and it's not Zimmerman acting as a cold blooded killer, it's the "Stand Your Ground Law"? If we dissect that and find it makes sense, what will you come up with next that you can whine about? You know what's funny? Between the two of us I'm the one that still wants to see it played out, while you have given up trying to persecute Zimmerman and now want to just attack the law.