Waive Kelsey, draft Quinton Coples DE North Carolina

TheKidd

If Nix was smart he would release Kelsey. The guy is NOT worth what he is making. Take that money, add a little that you saved from Roscoe Parrish, and sign a good free agent

OFFENSIVE TACKLE to replace Bell who is just about gone. Draft Quinton Coples DE to replace Kelsey.

Def line would be: Mario Williams (1st round) -- Kyle Williams (5th round) -- Marcel Dareus (1st round) -- Quinton Coples (1st round)

Not too shabby, you would have three former 1st round draft picks on the line.

You won't need to draft an offensive tackle with the first pick if you take the Kelsey money and sign a good left tackle. 2nd round grab a wide receiver, hopefully Stephen Hill*, WR, Georgia Tech.

Height: 6-4. Weight: 215.

40 Time: 4.36. 10-Yd Split: 1.20.

Vertical: 39.5

Then use the rest of your picks (3,4,4,5,6,7) on linebackers, DBs, and maybe a tight end.

Edited by TheKidd

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Kelsay actually isn't that bad of a DE he just wasn't suitable at all as a LB in a 3-4 defense. This is where he's pretty decent, in all actuality he might benefit the most playing opposite of Mario Williams. I think instead of releasing him you go with the approach of restructuring first. I know a lot of people don't like him but this isn't the best time to release him. If he has a good year we might be able to trade him next year for a somewhat decent draft pick instead of getting absolutely nothing.

Coples is garbage no thanks :thumbdown:

+1 One-year-wonder for friggin UNC and it wasn't even his senior year... Plus he's soft from what I saw in the senior bowl. Oh and he has disgusting brands on his arms which I would rather not look at ever again.

Kelsay actually isn't that bad of a DE he just wasn't suitable at all as a LB in a 3-4 defense. This is where he's pretty decent, in all actuality he might benefit the most playing opposite of Mario Williams. I think instead of releasing him you go with the approach of restructuring first. I know a lot of people don't like him but this isn't the best time to release him. If he has a good year we might be able to trade him next year for a somewhat decent draft pick instead of getting absolutely nothing.

Good post and I agree, Kelsay SHOULD be the happiest Buffal Bill right now... next to MW.

Keep Kelsay and let Dwan Edwards go, the move saves about $4 million in cap space. If they need 9 DL, the group could be:

DE: M. Williams, Kelsay, Carrington,

DT: K. Williams, Dareus, Troup, Heard

DE/DT: S. Johnson

Consider Merriman a LB or DE? How about Arthur Moats?

I'll agree that Kelsay played decent last year, but he's been mediocre his entire career. He also didn't benefit playing with Schobel. I'd also submit that I don't necessarily think we should cut him, but he is going to have to switch primarily to the right side. For a guy that wasn't impactful on the left side where he's played his whole career, I think switching is going to present a huge problem, especially when you consider the Left Tackle is usually the opponents best lineman.

For these reasons (not because I'm rooting for it), I think Kelsay is going to struggle to stay on the team.

===============================================================================================================

The Buffalo Bills getting a decent draft pick for anyone????? Wait I can't stop laughing. Now that was funny, did you ever consider doing stand up comedy?

We take 1st round draft choices and try to get 4th round picks for them. Usually they can't even get that and just realease the guys. The Buffalo Bills are a farm club for the rest of the NFL. Lee Evan, Marshall Lynch, Willis McGahee, LB Maybin! ALL NUMBER 1s, What did we get for them???????????????????????

Keep Kelsay and let Dwan Edwards go, the move saves about $4 million in cap space. If they need 9 DL, the group could be:

DE: M. Williams, Kelsay, Carrington,

DT: K. Williams, Dareus, Troup, Heard

DE/DT: S. Johnson

Consider Merriman a LB or DE? How about Arthur Moats?

Get rid of Dwan and Kelsey. Take the money you save from them two clowns and the money from Roscoe Parish and sign the best OFFENSIVE TACKLE available. That way you don't have to waste your number one draft pick on an offensive tackle.

Edited by Beerball
Inappropriate comments

=============================================================================================================================

The Buffalo Bills getting a decent draft pick for anyone????? Wait I can't stop laughing. Now that was funny, did you ever consider doing stand up comedy?

We take 1st round draft choices and try to get 4th round picks for them. Usually they can't even get that and just realease the guys. The Buffalo Bills are a farm club for the rest of the NFL. Lee Evan, Marshall Lynch, Willis McGahee, LB Maybin! ALL NUMBER 1s, What did we get for them???????????????????????

Get rid of Dwan and Kelsey. Take the money you save from them two clowns and the money from Roscoe Parish and sign the best OFFENSIVE TACKLE available. That way you don't have to waste your number one draft pick on an offensive tackle.

So you joined TBD yesterday to rip on the Bills FO right after they signed the biggest FA on the market?

=============================================================================================================================

Brilliant! And who is this mystery "best OFFENSIVE TACKLE" you speak of? Is it Bell? And oh yes, we should do this so we don't waste a pick on an offensive tackle. What strategy does our FO have wasting picks on lineman?

Ryan Tannehill?? Are you kidding me? Move up. If you were stupid enough to draft him you would move DOWN, NOT up. Miami would be only team stupid enough to consider him in the first round. It's more likely he goes in the second or third round. I would take a chance on him if he's still there in third round.

Even the Bills wouldn't waste a number 1 pick on that clown and the Bills are the WORST drafting team in our division. Yep, hard to believe as low as they finish every year and as high as the Pats finish. You would think the Bills would have more starters and players from the drafts of this past decade than New England and the Jets.

Brilliant! And who is this mystery "best OFFENSIVE TACKLE" you speak of? Is it Bell? And oh yes, we should do this so we don't waste a pick on an offensive tackle. What strategy does our FO have wasting picks on lineman?

No anytime you draft linemen it's a good thing. That's what the Bills need first, lineman, both sides of the ball. The Bills have to build the lines before they should worry about skill positions. I meant finish building the defensive line with the first pick. Make it a monster line, that helps the linebackers and DBs.

Then get your reciever, linebacker, OT, coner.

I don't know which free agen offensive linemen are still available. Teams have been grabbing up the all pro offensive lineman quickly. I know Tennessee, Tampa Bay, and New Orleans have already scarfed up the all pro offensive linemen.

Edited by TheKidd

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nice mock draft, don't quit your day job. LOL I WOULD BET YOU DON'T EVEN GET ONE OF YOUR PICKS RIGHT! NOT EVEN ONE! NOW THAT'S FUNNY, I DON'T CARE, YOU CAN'T MAKE THIS STUFF UP. ROTFL